Chapter 3 - Journey Begins

Andreyas

So how many turns did it take you all to finish this chapter? For me... it was 23!

Only because I used the middle Dragon Vein and went to kill the enemies on the fortress. Then, I had a tough time dealing with the boss without getting Felicia killed.

Edited by Andreyas

I like taking my time on it to level up Joker/Felicia and Kamui by clearing the map, so...

When I want to grind, around 26 turns.

When I don't want to grind, 5-6 turns.

I recently revisited the chapter in Lunatic.

If Corrin can survive 1 archer/1 myrm on the bridge (I think it’s 8 Def), can engage the boss turn 4 enemy phase with Gunter+Corrin, then kill with Corrin (~50% success), seize with Jakob for 5 turns. Otherwise I didn’t figure out a consistent way to do so (between Duelist’s Blow on the Myrm and Jakob or Corrin not surviving), so spend a turn cleaning up or healing and engage turn 6 or 7.

Though for the best odds against the boss, probably want Corrin+Gunter in guard stance, plus Jakob’s Gentilhomme aura lets her survive 2 rounds against the boss+archers as long as she has 7 Def which is fairly likely. Need to hit 2 of 3 attacks which is like ~75%. She needs 9 Str to 2hko (otherwise need Gunter to kill).

Gunter can’t seem to survive 2 rounds of the boss+archer unless you have Felicia (but that complicates other things). There could also be something said about sacrificing Gunter here (I think it doesn’t matter??)

If Jakob has 9 Str, can also have Gunter attack, Jakob attacks with Gunter in attack stance, Corrin seizes, though that’s hitting 3 of 3 which is like ~35% success. Can also have Corrin kill, but the hit rate is even more terrible without Gunter in attack stance.

Or spend 20+ turns like others have mentioned. :\

Edited by XeKr

I'm planning to use chapter 3 to get some nice early leveling done. I like getting an edge is soon as I can, especially for a main character like Corrin. Plus, since I'm thinking of having her marry Jakob, I'll be able to try and get them some extra early support before too many characters come into the picture and make that a bit more complicated.