Chapter 5 lunatic

claire

Ryoma doesn't die when he is beaten. He just retreats and will join you in later chapters.

Yeah I figured that out but my problem is when the reinforcements come when I go to kill the enemies in the bottom area

The bottom enemies are mage*3 and a pair of mercenary. I always attack them from right side.

There is a position where the mages can attack but the pair cannot. Kaze (+Rinkah in Guard Stance) stays there and counterattack these mages in enemy phase.

Then everything will be easy as you can beat them before the reinforcements come near.

Is Dance Grinding Azura here a viable course of action?

It is, I'm gonna try this since she keeps dying in one hit and I need her in order to beat the clump of mages

The bottom enemies are mage*3 and a pair of mercenary. I always attack them from right side.

There is a position where the mages can attack but the pair cannot. Kaze (+Rinkah in Guard Stance) stays there and counterattack these mages in enemy phase.

Then everything will be easy as you can beat them before the reinforcements come near.

I've been doing this but I feel like my levels are really different from most people's somehow (rinkah just dies in one hit). But yeah I'll do this + the leveling of Azura and give it another try

Whenever I go here corrin ends up near dead (she's at level 7) and she can't run away or be healed because then Sakura dies also + reinforcements don't allow for an escape

8hJ5Qjn.jpg

And kaze and rinkah are totally useless btw

My azura is at level 18 rn

Edited by piichinu

Possible Strat (a bit aggressive but fairly reliable): Bait a mage with Kaze!Rinka (with Kaze in front) first, since Kaze has high RES. By the next turn you want to kill all three mages and block the choke-point located 3 tiles below, 1 tile to the left of the Avatar's current location. Kaze will not ORKO a mage but will 2RKO a mage in Lunatic mode; that means after baiting a mage he should be able to kill it in the next turn. As for the other two mages, you want to use Azura to move and attack with the Avatar twice since Feral Dragon Avatar OHKOs mages. Be very careful with order and placement in which you move your units though; what you'd want to do is kill two mages with the Avatar, but in an order that allows the Avatar to move to the aforementioned choke-point before initiating the second attack, since even in Lunatic mode, the Feral Dragon Avatar can still survive one hit (but not 2 if I remember correctly) from a Wyrmslayer, which allows you units to finish off all of the 2 mercs and the 3 mages by the next turn and focus on the reinforcements

Edited by Aggro Incarnate

Wouldn't only one of them be able to attack if you place Kaze!Rinkah on the right-most enemy range? The mage might Dual Attack with another one but as long as Kaze is paired up, the Dual Attack will be negated .Also as KamuiSama suggests take advantage of Sakura's Quiet Strength, which decreases damage to all allies within 2 spaces from her, especially if the aforementioned placement is unfeasible.

Wouldn't only one of them be able to attack if you place Kaze!Rinkah on the right-most enemy range? The mage might Dual Attack with another one but as long as Kaze is paired up, the Dual Attack will be negated .Also as KamuiSama suggests take advantage of Sakura's Quiet Strength, which decreases damage to all allies within 2 spaces from her, especially if the aforementioned placement is unfeasible.

Nope both of them can <:

Edit: so can sakura for sure survive one hit from a mage?

Edited by piichinu

Nope both of them can <:

Correct me if I'm wrong, but if each mage has 5 movement, shouldn't the furthest the two right mages can go be either (1) 3 tiles below the Avatar's current position or (2) 2 tiles below, 1 tile to the left of the Avatar's current position? Hence I thought if Kaze (paired up with Rinkah) is placed 3 tiles down, 2 tiles right of the Avatar's current position then only one mage can hit; though it may dual attack with another in his left, having Kaze paired up with Rinkah should negate enemy dual attacks (since units in Guard Stance are impervious to dual attacks).

Correct me if I'm wrong, but if each mage has 5 movement, shouldn't the furthest the two right mages can go be either (1) 3 tiles below the Avatar's current position or (2) 2 tiles below, 1 tile to the left of the Avatar's current position? Hence I thought if Kaze (paired up with Rinkah) is placed 3 tiles down, 2 tiles right of the Avatar's current position then only one mage can hit; though it may dual attack with another in his left, having Kaze paired up with Rinkah should negate enemy dual attacks (since units in Guard Stance are impervious to dual attacks).

He survived it anyway, now I can't decide if I should keep Sakura here or move her out of the danger zone

q8BY6nj.jpg

If I move her out the reinforcements might be able to kill her easily

Edited by piichinu

He survived it anyway, now I can't decide if I should keep Sakura here or move her out of the danger zone

q8BY6nj.jpg

If I move her out the reinforcements might be able to kill her easily

If I have my info correct, Sakura should have 16 base HP and 7 base RES upon recruitment. The dark mage should have 14 base MAG, Thunder has 5 base might, and his B-rank in tomes should give him +1 Attack damage, so he should have 14+5+1=20 base attack. In addition his Malefic Aura skill gives him 2 more damage, which amounts to 22 base damage. But if I understand your situation according to the screenshot correctly, the Dark Mage should actually have 12 MAG instead of 14 due to the debuff associated with the Iron Shuriken that Kaze used previously, so that would be actually 20 base damage. Since Sakura has 7 base SPD while the Dark Mage has 6, Sakura won't be doubled. Hence assuming Sakura has FULL HP, her HP after the hit would be 16+7-20=3 (1 if I'm mistaken that the Dark Mage is debuffed by Kaze's weapon, but that doesn't kill her either) so she should be able to survive if placed above the Avatar.

Check the numbers though just to be sure.

Okay, I beat it, thanks everyone! I think I was just underestimating my units and wasn't fully understanding the new mechanics (guard stance). But yeah it's over now finally <3