[FE14 Conquest] Would anyone actually be willing to do a generic units only draft?

MagicIsOP

Well, why not?

[spoiler=Rules that I made, not you]

1: MU and Niles are free.

2: You may not use any other unique units other than those two.

3: You may not capture Haitaka(Ch. 9 boss) or Kumagera(Ch.14 boss).

4: You must try to capture generics ASAP. You don't have to, just try.

5: You may only have one unit of any given promoted class (Example: No getting two Heroes)

6: You must build a prison ASAP(after Chapter 8)

7: The difficulty will be Normal/Classic.

8: No Wifi or route bonuses.

Penalties:

1: Using a unique unit other than Corrin or Niles is worth a penalty of 5 turns per unit.

2: Using an undrafted generic is worth a penalty of 4 turns per unit.

Exceptions:
1: Everyone is free until after Chapter 10, also known as Hell.

[spoiler=Generics remaining]

Spear Fighter (Spear Master,Basara)

Samurai (Swordmaster,Master of Arms)

Archer (Sniper,Kinshi Knight)

Oni Savage (Oni Chieftain,Blacksmith)

Sky Knight (Falcon Knight,Kinshi Knight)

Ninja (Master Ninja,Mechanist)

Diviner (Onmyoji,Basara)

Shrine Maiden (Priestess,Onmyoji)

Apothecary (Merchant,Mechanist)

Knight (General,Great Knight)

Cavalier (Paladin,Great Knight)

Wyvern Rider (Malig Knight,Wyvern Lord)

Outlaw (Trickster,Bow Knight)

Fighter (Berserker,Hero)

Mercenary (Hero,Bow Knight)

Dark Mage (Sorcerer,Dark Knight)

Maid

Strategist

Participants:

Eclipse: Wyvern Lord,Sorcerer,Spear Fighter!Basara, Archer!Kinshi Knight, Apothecary!Mechanist,Cavalier!GK,Master Ninja, Diviner!Onmyoji

Ciarre: Ninja!Mechanist, Pegasus!Kinshi Knight, Malig Knight, Falcon Knight, Dark Knight, Paladin, Strategist, Outlaw!Bow Knight

MagicIsOP: Sniper,Blacksmith,Swordmaster,Cavalier!GK,Mercenary!Hero, Adventurer, Shrine Maiden!Onmyoji, Mercenary!Bow Knight

sadisticorc: Spear Master,Maid,Oni Chieftain,Diviner!Basara,Priestess,Master of Arms,Fighter!Hero, Berserker

Edited by MagicIsOP

• 4 weeks later...
  • Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1. I suggest moving the free bar to after Chapter 10. That chapter is one gigantic headache, and I'm positive that you won't have enough units to cover everything before things go to hell in a handbasket.

2. How are you going to enforce rule 4?

3. What's your stance on Paralogues? Because if I'm limited to Niles/Corrin, I'm marrying them.

4. I think there's Strategists in Nohr? Either way, that's part of the Maid set.

5. What about forging/grabbing materials in other castles/cooking/events within your own castle?

6. I think it would be best to word the class limit to "you may only have one unit of any given promoted class". If I can capture two Mercenaries on the same map, it'll make life a lot easier for me, and I won't have to memorize which maps Heroes/Bow Knights show up on.

7. Let's say that I sacrifice one of my generics for a better cause. Can I recapture another unit with the same class?

8. I'd make the final generic free for everyone (since there's 17 choices total).

The concept is interesting, but I think the rules need to be ironed out.

1. I suggest moving the free bar to after Chapter 10. That chapter is one gigantic headache, and I'm positive that you won't have enough units to cover everything before things go to hell in a handbasket.

2. How are you going to enforce rule 4?

3. What's your stance on Paralogues? Because if I'm limited to Niles/Corrin, I'm marrying them.

4. I think there's Strategists in Nohr? Either way, that's part of the Maid set.

5. What about forging/grabbing materials in other castles/cooking/events within your own castle?

6. I think it would be best to word the class limit to "you may only have one unit of any given promoted class". If I can capture two Mercenaries on the same map, it'll make life a lot easier for me, and I won't have to memorize which maps Heroes/Bow Knights show up on.

7. Let's say that I sacrifice one of my generics for a better cause. Can I recapture another unit with the same class?

8. I'd make the final generic free for everyone (since there's 17 choices total).

The concept is interesting, but I think the rules need to be ironed out.

1: Done

2: Maybe i'll add a 5-10 turn penalty every time someone resets for Niles.

3: You can only do Nina/Kanna's paralogues I guess.

4: Yep, there are Strategists. I'll get those down.

5: Allowed

6: Yeah, sure i'll reword it. I just realized Bow Knights don't appear on any Nohr maps.

7: Yes you can

making it a rule that you can't reset for a character whom your entire draft relies on is extremely illogical and makes it a drag. I've never seen any draft with a no-reset rule because it just doesn't make any sense. I doubt many people would be willing to join it while it's there.

Edited by Nobody

Agreed, forcing draft players to ironman is ridiculous, because of what Nobody said and because it isn't consistently measurable.

Edited by Gradivus.

If this is still a thing that is happening, I'm down to join. However, I think you should specify to what extent we're allowed to use My Castle (not for grinding, mind. I'm taking more for unique weapons or banning the einherjar shop and the unit logbook for balance purposes.)

Edited by Sadisticorc

List Randomizer

There were 4 items in your list. Here they are in random order:

1. Eclipse
  2. Ciarre
  3. MagicIsOP
  4. SadisticOrc

Timestamp: 2016-03-21 20:12:22 UTC, IP: 99.239.139.149

Edited by MagicIsOP

Hmmm. . .when in doubt, flip a coin~!

Let's start with Wyvern Rider, and regret it later.

Which promotion of Wyvern Rider, Wyvern Lord or Malig Knight

(Yes I know I should have worded it a bit more clearly but you can only take one promotion of a class per pick)

Which promotion of Wyvern Rider, Wyvern Lord or Malig Knight

(Yes I know I should have worded it a bit more clearly but you can only take one promotion of a class per pick)

One more clarification, what's the rule for promotions with multiple base classes, like Basura (spear fighter, diviner) or bow knight (Merc, Outlaw)?

If I were to pick Spear Fighter>Basura, would someone be able to pick Diviner>Basura, or could the Diviner only pick Onmyoji?

One more clarification, what's the rule for promotions with multiple base classes, like Basura (spear fighter, diviner) or bow knight (Merc, Outlaw)?

If I were to pick Spear Fighter>Basura, would someone be able to pick Diviner>Basura, or could the Diviner only pick Onmyoji?

Yes, someone could pick Diviner>Basara

Also Ciarre, Master Ninja or Mechanist?

Edited by MagicIsOP