Saizo or Kaze? (or both?)

CallMeViggy

I've gotten up to Chapter 10 in Birthright, and I feel like Saizo and Kaze are basically the same unit. Sure, Saizo has a bit more strength and Kaze has a bit more speed, but this can be fixed with Pair-Up. I guess what I'm trying to get at is:

"Who should I focus on training: Saizo or Kaze? Or is there a reason to use both of them?"

I'm using both cause I enjoy them too much lol. Ninja bros ftw! Kaze is definitely better though, at least for me so far. He's at the same level as his bro, and both have the same strength, but Kaze has 6 more speed and 1 more defense. :P

I wanted to try out Kagero, but she wouldn't have been very useful in the chapter right after she joins. I hate when that kind of thing happens...

Also, Kaze and Saizo's support is pretty neat so far too. You learn why Saizo has that scarred eye.

Edited by Anacybele

For me, Saizou had much better growths over. Kaze had pretty low strength, wheras Saizou hit his cap of 18 at level 15 and kept getting great growths in other stats after. Kaze's strength cap is only 15 I think. Kaze has much higher speed, but when Saizou get his speed to levels when he can double most enemies as well, that advantage Kaze has goes away.

I'm using Saizou as my only Ninja.

Edited by XaosLogos

I prefer Saizo because bias his strength and defence are more desirable for me personally, whereas Kaze is fast but pretty frail and the former's speed can be fixed by a good pairup or some levels as Master Ninja/DF. I like to use both, though. They're by no means similar so they each have their own merits and flaws, so if you like them both they're two good units for Hoshido.

Definately both if you like your Cains and your Abels. However, you'll notice that Saizo gets a lot of magic. That's because he has an unprecedentedly high Magic growth. This lets him become a terrifying mixed threat with the Explosive Shuriken and various normal Shurikens. His flaw is that he is confined to Ninja-->Master Ninja because of his questionable personal Spd growth. Kaze doesn't have Saizo's niche, possessing a fabulous 0% Mag growth, but his Spd is so insane he can toss around Steel Shurikens like nobody's business. Also, this godly Speed allows him to also fulfill the roll of a Mechanist, putting his Str on par with Saizo's and, given enough WEXP, can use high-Mt Bows. He also gets 7 Mov, a rare sight due to Hoshido's distinct lack of mounts.

Saizo has the highest defense of the three ninjas. This is huge since you now get a 1-2 range character with reasonable durability. He also has very good skill so an offensive proc of sorts might make a good investment.

Kaze is very good for softening up bosses and mage killing. That low defense is going to bite you though, especially against all the scary axe users you face in the game. Be careful with oversaturating your party with lance/kunai users as a result.

They're both better than Kagero. Having high Strength and not much else is a bigger liability than you think when you are a utility class as opposed to a dedicated combat class.

Definately both if you like your Cains and your Abels. However, you'll notice that Saizo gets a lot of magic. That's because he has an unprecedentedly high Magic growth. This lets him become a terrifying mixed threat with the Explosive Shuriken and various normal Shurikens. His flaw is that he is confined to Ninja-->Master Ninja because of his questionable personal Spd growth. Kaze doesn't have Saizo's niche, possessing a fabulous 0% Mag growth, but his Spd is so insane he can toss around Steel Shurikens like nobody's business. Also, this godly Speed allows him to also fulfill the roll of a Mechanist, putting his Str on par with Saizo's and, given enough WEXP, can use high-Mt Bows. He also gets 7 Mov, a rare sight due to Hoshido's distinct lack of mounts.

This is the best summary, I think. Higher Strength and Defense is nice but I like Suzukaze's reliable ability to double and high res. Keep in mind that he'll do a lot of extra damage with Snake Venom so his lower strength is less of an issue. Saizo is a good choice for the exploding shuriken, however.

Wow Ana, that's some serious RNG mojo at work. What are their defensive stats ATM? I wanna dad if Kaze is blessed or Saizo is screwed.

On another note, I'm not sure about how I feel about Cain and Abel being back to Red and Green, respectively. I started with FE7 and I played Awakening, but at the same time I've played FE6 and got used to Allen and Lance pretty quickly. I guess it doesn't matter in the end.

Edited by JothTheConqueror

Wow Ana, that's some serious RNG mojo at work. What are their defensive stats ATM? I wanna dad if Kaze is blessed or Saizo is screwed.

Oh, wait, I was looking at the wrong stat lol. Saizo still has more def, never mind. XD

Also, women love Kaze, apparently! That is so funny. He needs to be buddies with Ike. lol (remember Aimee? :P)

I plan on using both.

Saizo is cool because he has a good magic growth on top of everything else + red hair.

Kaze is cool because I love my fast units + loyalty.

even if that loyalty is dumb on the conquest route, i appreciate you kaze

Thanks for all of the replies! I noticed Kaze's Speed (and the godly Kaze/Rinka Pair-Up :) ) but Saizo's Defense was less obvious to me. I'll try using them both in a chapter and I'll let you know what I think.

Edited by CallMeViggy