importing amiibo figures

scorpio_7

Hello ladies and gents,

I have a question regarding the amiibo figures for Fates. As some of you know, acquiring Marth, Lucina, Robin, and Ike, in north America is near impossible without paying gobs of cash on ebay. So I am looking at having the figures imported from Japan.

My question is, if I get these figures from overseas, are they still compatible with my NA 3DS? Will the characters speak English in my game once scanned, or Japanese?

I am a total noob when it comes to figures as I have never used any before.

Hope someone can help clarify this for me, I would love to get the figures ordered and into my game :)

I keep seeing Ike Amiibo everywhere where I live and I live in the US. I saw some Marths too, though not as many. Is NC the only state in the country that has an abundance of at least one FE Amiibo?

My question is, if I get these figures from overseas, are they still compatible with my NA 3DS? Will the characters speak English in my game once scanned, or Japanese?

As KingDDD said, it works and for proof, I have a Japanese Falco and he works perfectly for smash.

I keep seeing Ike Amiibo everywhere where I live and I live in the US. I saw some Marths too, though not as many. Is NC the only state in the country that has an abundance of at least one FE Amiibo?

It really just varies alot, here in my part of the world of Moses Lake, I see ZSS and Marth alot nowadays.

Amiibos are region free regardless of where you purchased it. My Ike is from Europe, Lucina and Robin are from Japan and they all worked with my NA Fates copy when I scanned.

Thanks for the quick reply! I can get mine ordered today.

Anacybele, you might be right, maybe in the US there are a lot more. I know here in Canada the supply of those figures is almost non-existent (according to Gamestop/Ebgames). I was told here in my town that they have requested more, but there are none to be had, that supply could show up anytime, but no guarantee.

Like the people above have said they are not region locked, I imported my Robin, Lucina and Shulk Amiibos from Japan through Amazon and they all three work perfectly in every game I have used them in.