(Conquest) Lunatic Discussion

Rei-

So just got through ch.10 (classic - no casualties) with no upgraded units except vanilla camilla.

Was wondering who/which units i should be looking to upgrade.

Also if anyone wants an in-depth ch 10 luna guide, ive memorized 9 hrs of SRing ~ 10 turns + ai patterns.

Edited by Rei-

So just got through ch.10 with no upgraded units except vanilla camilla.

Was wondering who/which units i should be looking to upgrade.

Also if anyone wants an in-depth ch 10 luna guide, ive memorized 9 hrs of SRing ~ 10 turns + ai patterns.

This. I've been having quite some difficulty with the chapter. I've generally be able to run 75% of the chapter without casualties, but then in the last bits after Hinata and Oboro's group start moving in I have difficulties with the Club users on the left, whilst mid and right is clear aside of Oboro's advancing group.

Edited by Kanethedragon

This. I've been having quite some difficulty with the chapter. I've generally be able to run 75% of the chapter without casualties, but then in the last bits after Hinata and Oboro's group start moving in I have difficulties with the Club users on the left, whilst mid and right is clear aside of Oboro's advancing group.

Exactly. First 8 turns are just a script dump of spam bcuz turn 9 is where real shit begins. Ill type something up in a sec, on my phone.

Camilla can ORKO Oboro with an Iron Axe, so you should take her out early and she can 3HKO Hinata with Thunder while taking little damage in return. Generally you should prioritize those two and the pegasus knights coming your way before the other enemies and don't be afraid to use one or two Freeze charges.

Camilla can also OHKO Ninjas with a Hand Axe and strength tonic so that should also make things much easier.

Yeah... Gonna just post my entire strat for ch 10. Nevermind! I figured I'd post a step by step turn guide if requested, but otherwise seems cheesy to give out the entire way I won? :/

Some decent prep is getting pots for camilla (str, hp, def, skill - whatever you see necessary to reduce RNG) and 1 Def+ for MU too, reduce RNG fails. Oh and 2~3 Vulnery on MU/Avatar

Freeze staff godly important for turns 10+11 and ofc, a Jav for Effie.

So the general stuff I did was:

Camilla back and forth buffing in front left till turns 10/11 where the transition to hard left happens. Eventually there is a chance when you bring odin back to the fire ballista that he can hit 1ninja and the peg night. She can use a hand axe with 80%+ Hit-rate and 1 shot them if you gave her str pot, and makes life hella easy in front left.

Front right is MU+Jakob until oboro is at the house, then > ice > the spot on the actual bridge between the impassible wall and sandbag thing. This funnels every enemy on the right (except peg knights) and she can tank them all. Ofc after the 2 waves of archers which I used a group of Effie+Arthur, Selena, Nyx, Silas (2nd wave only) to get rid of.

For the first 3 oni guys on the left, I had odin fire-ballista them to ~4 hp before stepping off. This was crucial but you don't kill them until they are 1 tile away from the 'green' zone you protect. Don't stop them at the bridge.

Once they are dead, Camilla should have cleared front left, and you can move her to Hard left to deal with hinato (or whoever his name was :<) That 54% hit rate sucks with Steel Axe(so use iron as other guy posted). Skill+ pots help with this, but I RNG'd it.

The area near the bridge next to the sandbags CAN be blocked off. I used the other wyrven knight here, while I froze the throwing-club guy who was in the very top river above that bridge.

A lot of strat had to deal with mitigating the peg-knight AI routing and movign them to my advantage. There are 2 specific instances where this was during turn 4 where you have to keep silas max range from the top left house-visit. It causes the 2 peg knights to go more towards the center and not the right side where the group is taking care of archers.

and Around turn 8/9 when you have 2 guys left in front right (the turn after killing 2 peg knights in the center with Niles + New Wyrven Knight. New wyrven knight has to move next to MU/in the ice so you can essentially 2-shot that Peg knight (1 their turn, kill your turn) otherwise stuff gets messy.

Edited by Rei-

I beat this chapter on a blind run in <5 tries I think. Here's how I did it. My mozume was a lvl 10 archer. I had her run to the right along with effie. Mozume weakens the archers and lancers with the ballista, and effie ORKO's them with the javelin I bought her. My effie was a little str screwed, so I bought her a str tonic for this chapter to 0rko units. I also gave her a def tonic, despite being blessed with def, so that she took 0 to very little dmg from all enemies.

I had nyx man the magic ballista. I left selena right next to her to combat the low hp axe units that made it through with an atk pairing.

Zero or niles mans the bottom ballista. I paired him up with Corrin, and gave him a def tonic and hp tonic, so that he could survive I think it was three low health ninjas while manning the ballista.

I paired up silas and arthur, and had them defend the bottom right chokepoint. I bought a speed tonic for my silas so he could orko the axe units after they took a ballista hit.

Felicia goes on healbot duty/cleanup or debuff damage when needed.

Azura dances for my niles for ballista, or whoever needs it for cleanup. Make sure your azura can take a hit or two and survive. Tonics if needed.

Camillia and Berka pairup to visit the two villages and cleanup misc crap.

Effie is rescue staff/freeze staff/healbot. I used up both charges of my rescue staff on this map QQ.

Once takumi activates the dragon vein, run the fuck away towards the exit and form a 4 unit in the back and four units in the front formation. Have 4 weak units in the back, make sure they can tank a hit from whatever ranged unit, and have 4 units(some paired up) in the front tanking enemy units. To turtle very effectively during the last few turns of the game, you need to dequip the weapons on all your units so that they don't counterattack and kill other units, ensuring that they only take damage from 1-3 units every turn. If you find that some of your stronger units like Camilia/effie, or blessed corrin/silas/zero can tank multiple enemies effectively, then you can equip weapons, and let them get exp at the end.

EZPZ. The main point of this chapter imo, is to get exp and the village items, and then run the fuck away once the dragon vein is activated.

Yes the english name of the weapon is Dual Club. Dual Club, I believe

No, it's inverse club, you get it from the bottom left house in the chapter. It's the one that swaps triangle advantage.

Edited by Kanethedragon

Almost done with my first lunatic class conquest run(I think. Currently on chapter 25, got school, life, etc and I'm slowing down), and I was wondering, when is the best time to get kids? I fked up pairings, and I could only access harold and kamui's children paralogues until chapter 21, and I think I also fked up the timing of when I should have or was supposed to recruit my kids. I recruited both kanna and percy after chapter 14, and after a few levels of futile leveling, both those units ended up being shittier than their parent units, so I ended up dropping both of them. When both percy and kanna joined, they both had stats which were lower than their parent counterparts, and their growths weren't great either(may have been luck), and so they they ended up falling behind. Since this is my first run, and a blind run at that, could anyone experienced tell me the proper timeframe in which you are supposed to recruit kids so that they are useful or better than parent units.

Potentially early kids like Kamui!Sophie, Kamui!Dwyer, and Effie!Percy are better off recruited early. Other kids are probably best recruited after beating C20 since they get autoleveled to 20/6, learning their promoted level 6 skill and get any secondary weapon types auto boosted to D rank.

I just beat lunatic on a vanilla run ^^. I almost want to cry now. . . Shit was very time consuming and rng gave it to me up the butthole a couple of times. I'm thinking of starting birthright lunatic, and then revelation lunatic, but I think I'm burned out with fire emblem for like a few weeks, and I don't think birthright, or revelation can give me the same challenging experience that conquest gave me. I think I'm going to feel very disappointed with birthright and revelation considering how much easier it seems, based off already playing a couple of chapters on lunatic birthright. I feel like I just learned how to ride a unicycle, and am going back to riding training wheels.

Someone on youtube uploaded her entire lunatic, conquest, and birthright lunatic runs and she spent like 150 hours or more hours on lunatic. O.O pretty insane if you ask me.

Someone on youtube uploaded her entire lunatic, conquest, and birthright lunatic runs and she spent like 150 hours or more hours on lunatic. O.O pretty insane if you ask me.

I've been to this stream, You won't understand her comments if you don't speak Korean, but at least you get the footage.

The video you just posted was her very first run of Fates (which was yes, in Conquest Lunatic Classic mode) which took really long cuz she hasn't played Fire Emblem since Path of Radiance, so she had to learn things like the basic 3DS features and making use of all the information provided, the pair up mechanics, skills, the new weapon triangle, things like that from scratch. As a result some of her earlier chapter playthrough can be really funny if not a bit dragging to watch. But she definitely starts to gets the hang of as she progresses, and she's not afraid to take her time thinking through possible strats which I've personally really appreciated. Perhaps her 2nd run of Conquest Lunatic is a bit less jarring in that she actually knows very well what she's doing better the 2nd time around.

Do note that her lunatic birthright playthrough is a bit gimmicky though: Basically the idea is to complete Birthright Lunatic while having killed off all Birthright-exclusive cast (by this I mean not in Conquest).