Do not gain skills while in Kana's paralogue!

Podo OneK

I was attempting to pass down Rend Heaven and Swordfaire to Kana to make her really strong. But during her paralogue, I learned Hoshidan Unity, and despite Swordfaire being one of the listed skills on Dragon Kana, she got HU instead. Now I've got to go build support ranks with a character I'm not using, to get a child I'm not using, for Kana to get Samurai.

Interesting, Awakening passed down the skills at the start of the paralogues if I remember correctly. I wonder if the skills are always passed down when they join now, I'll need to test that once my copy arrives. I guess that would make the paralogues easier to balance, which they're much more concerned about this go around.

Kana may be a unique case since I'm fairly sure the Kana in chapter and the one you recruit afterward are treated as separate units. Unfortunately, she's the only child character I've recruited so far so I don't know if this is true for any of the others.

I just did Rhajat's paralogue and she started out with Felicia's Tomebreaker, so I assume Kana's an exception due to the dragon on the map being treated as a different entity.

A good one to test would be Shigure's though. He isn't present at all on the map, he just automagically joins you once you finish the chapter.

Kana may be a unique case since I'm fairly sure the Kana in chapter and the one you recruit afterward are treated as separate units. Unfortunately, she's the only child character I've recruited so far so I don't know if this is true for any of the others.

This is correct. Different internal data and all. I was a bit confused at first too.

Edited by nocturnal YL

• 2 weeks later...

I just screwed up big time... I married Mozume and then got Underdog during the Paralogue. I didn't know this would happen!

Worst part, I only realized it after saving over my file. And in my In-battle save (I'm on Normal), Mozume already has Underdog...

._.