So, I've been wondering about this weapon I randomly found awhile back.

Anacybele

Yeah, this was a random pick-up from some time ago (one of my characters found it in the castle), and it's been rather handy. It's called Ryoma's Club.

That's right, Ryoma's Club. Not katana. That's what I'm wondering about. Why does Ryoma have a club to his name when he doesn't use those? lol The game seems to know I love the guy though, it was the first random pick-up I got!

It's a good weapon though. It has mediocre accuracy, but when it hits, it hits HARD. I feel the gamble is worth it, as it saved me a couple times. Anyone else manage to find this thing?

Edited by Anacybele

I haven't found it yet, but in a way I can see why it could make sense for Ryoma. He seems like the type that is a perfectionist, so I can see why he would pick up another weapon and try and learn how to use it once he learned how to use the sword so well. A club would be used in a similar fashion as his sword, so it wouldn't be to hard for him to pick it up and try and use it.

Edited by Tolvir

It exists in your Visitors Rewards (or is it Battle Rewards?) box.

Well! I got one early then lol. Because none of the stuff I've gotten from those so far were a Ryoma's Club. :P

Well, when you consider how Master of Arms is the alternative promote class for a samurai, I wouldn't put it past him to take up the other weapon classes at some point, before becoming the heir to Rajinto.

A lot of characters know how to use weapons they don't use in combat. For Ryoma it's probably because he can use mostly everything else but he has Raijin and is best with a sword anyway, and Raijin > weapons that aren't Raijin. I don't even give him another sword (i might give him an armorslayer, but other than that) bc most of them are pretty pointless compared to Raijin anyway

But otherwise, at least in supports, Takumi is supposed to be just as good with a sword as he is with a bow (if you reclass him to Swordmaster via A+ Ryoma or Hinata he even gets dad's outfit) and he can kick Hinata's ass with one. Rinka also knows how to use a sword well enough, though in her case clubs is definitely the stronger choice.

He predicted that his future son would take up the naginata to beat him in the weapon triangle so he learned how to use a back up weapon that could beat a naginata.

Just.

As.

Planned.

He predicted that his future son would take up the naginata to beat him in the weapon triangle so he learned how to use a back up weapon that could beat a naginata.

Just.

As.

Planned.

Lol, Shiro thought he outsmarted his dad, but nope.

This is very interesting. I looked through all the weapons on both sides and noticed that only Takumi and Ryoma have a weapon named after them that they don't have access to without doing things like reclassing or buddy sealing. I wonder why it's just the two of them.

Kendo stick or wooden Katana was my first thought when I came across the weapon. It only seems odd because Ryoma doesn't have natural proficiency with clubs/axes, but from the concept of a training sword it makes sense. They probably could have made it a sword similar to Niles' Sadist Bow instead, where it counts as a sword but has no edge and leaves the enemy with 1 HP. Could have called it a kendo stick or reverse-blade sword.

Lol, Shiro thought he outsmarted his dad, but nope.

This is very interesting. I looked through all the weapons on both sides and noticed that only Takumi and Ryoma have a weapon named after them that they don't have access to without doing things like reclassing or buddy sealing. I wonder why it's just the two of them.

I'm going with ShadowofChaos' explanation that feudal lords/warriors often trained in multiple weapon types. I think a kanabo (club) is an odd thematic choice though. I'd assume a bow or spear would be more fitting for a prince.

I'm going with ShadowofChaos' explanation that feudal lords/warriors often trained in multiple weapon types. I think a kanabo (club) is an odd thematic choice though. I'd assume a bow or spear would be more fitting for a prince.

Hmmm, I clearly don't know much about this, but I guess the same doesn't apply to European royalty? Since this doesn't happen with the Nohrian siblings.