I can already feel that this game will get the same amount of hate as Awakening did...

OliKad

And yet, I love it so much! I'm at Chapter 14 (Birthright) right now, and its my 3rd favorite Fire Emblem, behing Genealogy of the Holy War and The Sacred Stones. But, by reading some comments (notably about the rumored 1 RNG) on this forum, I can already feel that it will get the same treatment as Awakening.

I sincerely hope that this wonderful experience won't get bashed because it was different...

• Replies 274
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think the game itself is great so far, just a bit imbalanced and very poorly localized. Better than Awakening for sure.

Awakening had a lot of flaws but was a great experience overall, and I really loved it.

I think the hate Awakening gets is greatly exaggerated.

Edited by XaosLogos

Better than Awakening. It has a few flaws but each game seems to make both progress and... Regression I guess? They do some better some worse. The battles are so much better than just open fields all day every day. Characters are better by and large. I do think the Royal Weapons are annoying, and marriage limitations.

Awakening had a lot of flaws but was a great experience overall, and I really loved it.

Same deal for me, actually! It sure does not deserve that much hate as well. But I do agree that the map design wasn't too hot...

Gameplay-wise, Fates is one of the series' best. It definitely feels to be one of the most balanced, unlike Awakening which was all about parking your more powerful pairings and let the game play itself.

Story wise, I'm at Conquest 19 and the story, while flawed, is nowhere near as bad as some people were painting it to be.

Edited by Jave

Gameplay-wise, Fates is one of the series' best. It definitely feels to be one of the most balanced, unlike Awakening which was all about parking your more powerful pairings and let the game play itself.

Story wise, I'm at Conquest 19 and the story, while flawed, is nowhere near as ad as some people were painting it to be.

Yeah, I agree.

While I didn't know specifics, I did know that people constantly criticized Conquest's story as being some kind of unsalvageable garbage, so I kept waiting for the story to get to that point. Except....it never did.

Most of it felt reasonable, and I honestly got more invested seeing Corrin trying to do what he thought was right, only for Garon's power and influence to halt him at every turn. There are some plot conveniences, but then again, all routes could be criticized of that.

Story wise, I'm at Conquest 19 and the story, while flawed, is nowhere near as ad as some people were painting it to be.

My thoughts exactly. Heck, so far I prefer Conquest's plot to over half of the other FE games I've played. That may change later, but the plot hatred is unwarrented on this scale imo.

I could of told you Fates would be hated on Awakening's scale tbh. It's the fanbase cycle at work.

My thoughts exactly. Heck, so far I prefer Conquest's plot to over half of the other FE games I've played. That may change later, but the plot hatred is unwarrented on this scale imo.

I could of told you Fates would be hated on Awakening's scale tbh. It's the fanbase cycle at work.

So is the FE series turining into the Zelda hate cycle?

If having an Emblem Cycle is the cost of making FE more popular, I'm fine with that. Then maybe people will whine less about the number of FE characters in Smash. ​Although it really is too many.

Truth. Honestly, yes there are too many, but the present amount of Smash FE characters make my friends so salty I'm honestly okay with it

I beat Conquest and I'm on Chapter 15 for Birthright, so far Conquest is better but a little harder. Both games are fairly easy but I'm not going to complain because there are harder modes to play on. Personally I don't think this game was quite as good as Awakening, but I do think that the storyline/plot is much better and the main characters as well.

Why would 1RNG affect people's opinion of it? Well, not me at least, considering I've played pre-FE6 games.

I haven't really played the game (just seen it) but it does follow the Awakening style in which case I fully expect it to get the same polarizing reaction.

I already know I'm going to conflict with the majority when I say that I actually really liked Conquest's story, despite how everyone shits on it at every opportunity.

I think the game itself is great so far, just a bit imbalanced and very poorly localized. Better than Awakening for sure.

Story wise, I'm at Conquest 19 and the story, while flawed, is nowhere near as bad as some people were painting it to be.

Good to see I'm not alone in this. While there are some weird things in Conquest's stories I do think people now in days tend to look for every reason/problem with something instead of just enjoying something for what it is. I must say too Conquest has to be one of the most challenging FEs out there I can't imagine someone doing this on Lunatic and everyone surviving...

This seems to be a praise thread so I'll keep my post in theme. Whenever possible.

The gameplay is probably the best of the series and it makes noticeable improvements over Awakening before it. It could use some polish here and there but Attack/Guard stance, hidden weapons, weapon effects and many of the new skills are fantastic additions to the game. Conquest also has a lot of great map designs so I'm thoroughly enjoying the gameplay.

The story is garbage though.

So is the FE series turining into the Zelda hate cycle?

pretty much

I don't think the story is as bad as people are making it out to be, it's definitly a step up compared to Awakening's and no where near the levels of clusterf%ck that was Radiant Dawn's story.

Played up to chapter 8 for Conquest and up to about chapter 11 for Birthright and I'm loving the Gameplay. Waiting for the XP and Gold DLC to come out so that I can better steel myself for Conquest Chapter 10... because I'm a scrub like that. As for the story, kind of finding it to be ho-hum and a bit cliched. Kind of like a summer blockbuster. Also, never really got the Awakening hate, as it was in my opinion a good game with a whelming story. Not underwhelming, not overwhelming, just whelming.

Edited by Seifus

This seems to be a praise thread so I'll keep my post in theme. Whenever possible.

The gameplay is probably the best of the series and it makes noticeable improvements over Awakening before it. It could use some polish here and there but Attack/Guard stance, hidden weapons, weapon effects and many of the new skills are fantastic additions to the game. Conquest also has a lot of great map designs so I'm thoroughly enjoying the gameplay.

The story is garbage though.

Lol, I glanced through this thread and was like, "yeah, I shouldn't comment here."

But I am very excited about the improved gameplay and diversified map objectives. The soundtrack is really good, even though I've yet to find ones that top my favorites from Awakening. Also, even though I was pretty salty about not having dual audio, the English dub will be a different kind of experience for me and I'm actually kinda looking forward to it.

Edited by Tsuky