Lets take a moment to look at how badly the game treats Scarlet *Spoilers*

Pretty_Handsome

- Can only support Corrin.

- "Made an example of" on Nohr route aka killed or worse than killed after the torture which Nohr Corrin lets happen.

- Can Support Corrin on Revelation but Corrin shows no emotion over her death and Corrin and Kana don't even acknowledge her state later on.

- Great mutual chemistry with Ryoma yet no support despite how Ryoma is the only ons that cares when she dies on Revelation.

-Joins the latest on Hoshido.

- Dies 2 chapters after she joins on Revelation.

- Her nation and rebellion aren't really touched upon. No one even remembers that your father died there because her nation secretly joined up with Nohr.

Has any FE character been treated so badly as Scarlet?

Heck, the implication of her gruesome end on Nohr route, which again Nohr Corrin allows to happen, is very... Yeah.

Edited by Pretty_Handsome

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Off the top of my head, not that I can think of quite as badly no

Treatment of Scarlet is probably one of the saltiest things I have about this game tbh--having that many bad things happen to her is just fucking overkill like can she even get happiness? Turned into a fucking zombie in the supposed "good end route" good fucking end route my ass

She deserves better

Edited by Thor Odinson

Why couldn't it be Yukimura who died on the third route instead of Scarlet? I'm pretty sure he doesn't even join on that route for no particular reason, so why not have him take her place as the sacrificial lamb?

Also, I weep for my non-existent blonde and wyvern-riding Shiro T_T

Why couldn't it be Yukimura who died on the third route instead of Scarlet? I'm pretty sure he doesn't even join on that route for no particular reason, so why not have him take her place as the sacrificial lamb?

I would gladly have traded Glasses Guy for Scarlet.

I'll weep for that Shiro with you, along with my non-existent blue-haired Dwyer with ice powers.

but I like Yukimura more

I'm slightly upset that you miss him in Revelation for no reason

especially with his awful availability over all

Scarlet and Camilla both annoy me in how they end up getting treated.

Plus she's really cute so I hate it even more since I can't marry the best girl in the best endgame path.

What about Camilla? As in how she is portrayed or how her storyline plays out in one or more routes? Personally I LOVED her in Relevations.

What about Camilla? As in how she is portrayed or how her storyline plays out in one or more routes? Personally I LOVED her in Relevations.

It's more of the moments where it's "wacky bro-con XD" instead of actually dealing with some of the ways she's fucked up. The only support I remember dealing with that is the Niles one.

Felicia and Flora also get a mention for pissing me off since they're just kawaii maids instead of dealing with the Stockholm syndrome that is right there.

I haven't played the localization yet though and didn't spoiler her supports so they may have changed it.

They can have not Otacon. I want my red armored lass.

It's more of the moments where it's "wacky bro-con XD" instead of actually dealing with some of the ways she's fucked up. The only support I remember dealing with that is the Niles one.

Felicia and Flora also get a mention for pissing me off since they're just kawaii maids instead of dealing with the Stockholm syndrome that is right there.

I haven't played the localization yet though and didn't spoiler her supports so they may have changed it.

Ah ok now I got you. Originally I didn't care for her besides her looks but her recruitment chapter in Revelations made me like her.

Scarlet reminds me of Shinjiro from Persona 3.

A waste EXP. I mean, a plot device. No, I meant...an under utilized character that could have made a bigger, better impact on the story.

...Yeah...

But, seriously, though, I respect everyone's preference but she reminds me of Shinji. A lot of people like him, going so far as the bash another character simply due their part in the story, but the scant characterization leaves me wondering where the love comes from.

- Can only support Corrin.

- "Made an example of" on Nohr route aka killed or worse than killed after the torture which Nohr Corrin lets happen.

- Can Support Corrin on Revelation but Corrin shows no emotion over her death and Corrin and Kana don't even acknowledge her state later on.

- Great mutual chemistry with Ryoma yet no support despite how Ryoma is the only ons that cares when she dies on Revelation.

-Joins the latest on Hoshido.

- Dies 2 chapters after she joins on Revelation.

- Her nation and rebellion aren't really touched upon. No one even remembers that your father died there because her nation secretly joined up with Nohr.

Has any FE character been treated so badly as Scarlet?

Heck, the implication of her gruesome end on Nohr route, which again Nohr Corrin allows to happen, is very... Yeah.

I was upset that she died in Nohr. She would of made a perfect all three routes character, since she would likely side with Corrin if she knew what he was trying to do. At the same time I don't feel like Corrin just let what happen to her happen. He was not expecting Hans to do what he did, since it was directly after the fight. There really was not much else he could do when someone goes right behind your back the second you turn around. To be honest I completely forgot Hans was there since his presence was so unknown throughout the chapter.

What I think should of happened in Nohr for this chapter is a race to get to her. Have it be one of those "defeat boss in x amount of chapters" but where it where Hans is on the map, and trying to get to her first. What happens is if Hans gets to Scarlet first, she gets killed, but if Corrin gets to her first, you save her life, and actually convince her to join you.

Honestly, her death in Nohr made me feel worse then anything else that has happened so far (I'm on Chapter 19). All she wanted to do was lead a rebellion for Cheve's benefit, yet not only is she brutally murdered (and left to our imagination on how), Cheve gets brutalized and razed just by proxy.

What happens to her mechanic-wise and in Revelations just makes it far worse for me.

Crimson/Scarlet's treatment is one of the many things that I am salty about in this game. I really like her character and she most definitely deserves better. Why did she have to be the game's second punching bag besides Takumi? And like others have mentioned Camilla's treatment makes me salty too.

Edited by Frelia

It's more of the moments where it's "wacky bro-con XD"

I don't know.

I kind of liked the scene in Birthright where she wants to impale you with a spear so she can craddle your corpse to remind her of when you were younger.

Was a twisted love that spoke to me...somehow.

Scarlet reminds me of Shinjiro from Persona 3.

A waste EXP. I mean, a plot device. No, I meant...an under utilized character that could have made a bigger, better impact on the story.

...Yeah...

But, seriously, though, I respect everyone's preference but she reminds me of Shinji. A lot of people like him, going so far as the bash another character simply due their part in the story, but the scant characterization leaves me wondering where the love comes from.

Same reason I'm upset about Nohr.

So much wasted potential.

The game is so Hoshido bias that it's pretty nauseating.

I'm mostly annoyed that you don't get everyone in Revelations. All three cases of characters not joining are unwarranted.

And the whole "let everything happen without fighting back" thing in Nohr is annoying. But I guess it's like the feeling where your commander tells you to kill (or at least not in intervene) and you don't even know if you can fight back. You're screwed either way: risk your life for nothing (they'll kill whoever you try to rescue anyway, and you won't be able to further your plan if you're dead), or go too far in trying to save them all, only to have your own team (Xander) kill you instead. Of course, it still sucks that the game doesn't even let you try.

I was upset that she died in Nohr. She would of made a perfect all three routes character, since she would likely side with Corrin if she knew what he was trying to do. At the same time I don't feel like Corrin just let what happen to her happen. He was not expecting Hans to do what he did, since it was directly after the fight. There really was not much else he could do when someone goes right behind your back the second you turn around. To be honest I completely forgot Hans was there since his presence was so unknown throughout the chapter.

What I think should of happened in Nohr for this chapter is a race to get to her. Have it be one of those "defeat boss in x amount of chapters" but where it where Hans is on the map, and trying to get to her first. What happens is if Hans gets to Scarlet first, she gets killed, but if Corrin gets to her first, you save her life, and actually convince her to join you.

I disagree, Corrin is responsible as they didn't take charge immediately after the battle or establish his/her authority. Their incompetence and weakness, as they do nothing over their authority being ignored, allowed Hans to do so much in such a short time span. Seriously, Corrin didn't notice any of that at all until after the fact? Seriously?

If I was Corrin I would have established order under my authority ASAP and consolidated the prisoners into a camp I had direct control of, as they are useful alive and unharmed, and begun fostering good will with the defeated populus to win their hearts.

Instead Nohr Corrin pretty much just does nothing. Hoshido Corrin wouldn't have let this happen.

Edited by Pretty_Handsome

I disagree, Corrin is responsible as they didn't take charge immediately after the battle or establish his/her authority. Their incompetence and weakness, as they do nothing over their authority being ignored, allowed Hans to do so much in such a short time span. Seriously, Corrin didn't notice any of that at all until after the fact? Seriously?

If I was Corrin I would have established order under my authority ASAP and consolidated the prisoners into a camp I had direct control of, as they are useful alive and unharmed, and begun fostering good will with the defeated populus to win their hearts.

Instead Nohr Corrin pretty much just does nothing. Hoshido Corrin wouldn't have let this happen.

When you beat the chapter, we see Nohr!Corrin and Azura by Takumi, who's lamenting that he can't beat them. That implies they just defeated him and the battle has just ended. In that case, then Hans went off and started rampaging through Cheve near the end of the fight or while Nohr!Corrin was dealing with Takumi. So Nohr!Corrin didn't have time to establish his authority or a prison camp or anything like that.

Nohr!Corrin's got his faults, but what happened at Cheve wasn't on him.

Yes what happened to her in Nohr was really fucked up. Camilla says something along the lines of ''they were putting on a display when they killed her''. Wtf am i supposed to imagine here? I don't like that one bit.

At the same time I don't feel like Corrin just let what happen to her happen.

That may be true, but Corrin is definitely to blame, he's the one who put her in such a vulnerable position, you can't deny that.