They didn't censor her yay!

*Haku

I forgot about that one.

Well, the camera doesn't linger as long and she's generally much less fanservicey (though one could easily make the lolicon argument).

The person you were replying to didn't say anything innately negative about the slight jiggle on Kagero. And either way, mocking the other side will only escalate things.

And most of the people here are fine with slight amounts of fanservice. The thing is that Camilla pushes over the edge for many of us and goes well beyond "tastefulness".

The fact that seeing boobs jiggle for a second while a woman walks could be considered "over the edge" and distasteful seems a bit concerning to me since it is a natural thing that happens regularly in everyday life. I see breasts jiggle almost everyday, and for longer than for a split second at that. There isn't anything wrong with a woman having bigger breasts and wearing a V-neck/low cut shirt.

I also don't think there is anything wrong with the method of doing camera zooms on every different angle of the body to show off the full design.

Omg people need to really move on considering nothing productive can come from complaining about a cutscene anymore.

While even i can admit that the scene is a tad OOC for Camilla in the context its presented, why waste the energy in that kind of whinging? Im glad it wasnt censored too.

Funny Moment: That scene happened when i was playing the game on the BART (which is public transport). Shame, what is it? Oh yeah, not worth it.

What's wrong with fanservice?

Oh didnt you know? Its the scourge of everything and ruining the youth of today. ;V

Edited by Loki Laufeyson

Fan service can have a very real negative impact on not only the overall flow of the game but also individual characters - the reason why I find the cutscene incredibly stupid is because I was trying to play a strategy game. It's not something I didn't expect them to do with Camilla, since that is her entire purpose in the game to begin with, but I DO find it distasteful regardless of how natural boob jiggles are - there's a time and place for everything.

owever, that is not to say all fan service is bad, just look at Hyrule Warriors, which is nothing BUT fan service done well and in incredibly hilarious ways.

Also, is it bad if I thought the thread was called "they didn't censor her vajayjay"?

Edited by Thane

While even i can admit that the scene is a tad OOC for Camilla in the context its presented, why waste the energy in that kind of whinging?

no we need more to complain about

censor ophelia entirely plz do it nintendo

owever, that is not to say all fan service is bad, just look at Hyrule Warriors, which is nothing BUT fan service done well and in incredibly hilarious ways.

Also, is it bad if I thought the thread was called "they didn't censor her vajayjay"?

I'll take the cautious step and say that I enjoyed Dead or Alive and even to a point the beach volleyball series. At least the first one.

Also no I read it as that too.

I'm less creeped out by her breasts and more of the lingering shot on her crotch and rear.

Corrin how did you get there and back so fast

A previously undocumented use of Dragon Vein.

It's good to be the king.

no we need more to complain about

censor ophelia entirely plz do it nintendo

I'll take the cautious step and say that I enjoyed Dead or Alive and even to a point the beach volleyball series. At least the first one.

Also no I read it as that too.

No need to ridicule people who are bothered by this; I can't think of a single good reason for the cutscene to be this way other than to please certain people. I would've been equally bothered if Ryouma's introductory cutscene was him getting out of a hot spring and putting on his armor while you were checking out his incredibly manly features - it simply doesn't belong in the flow of the story, and especially because Camilla is supposed to be a bloody mother figure.

Everyone's free to enjoy whatever they want as long as it doesn't affect anyone else, that's what I believe. Also, remember how I said there's a time and place for everything? If you want to play a game just filled to the brim with busty anime girls, then go for it; at least the game is upfront and honest about it and doesn't have some kind of identity crisis in the middle. Sex is as natural as can be, but that doesn't mean it should be included everywhere.

Its just too much energy to expound in complaining about it anymore, is the way i see it. People dont have to like it, but goddamn. Perhaps its more productive to speak about how her potential is squandered.

I'm less creeped out by her breasts and more of the lingering shot on her crotch and rear.

Corrin how did you get there and back so fast

Yeah pretty much this. I expected Camilla to be the sexy one. The camera angles are purely to oggle her body. However while I don't mind that they put in a femme fatale character, I am a little peeved she's not wearing pants on a DRAGON. Wearing tiny panties on a big scaly beast doesn't seem very comfortable. You cannot even make the argument these are gym short bloomers either, they're way too small. The fact that there are even holes in her outfit to specifically zoom in on her ass and crotch is just extra silly. And it seems every mounted female decided it was pants-optional day, which is even worse. You'd think they'd reserve the bare legs for the myrmidon style characters who are designed around sword acrobatics, like in the old days.

I don't mind Camilla's boobs or curviness at all, just sitting on a mount like that makes me cringe internally. I love her hair and face though.

Its just too much energy to expound in complaining about it anymore, is the way i see it. People dont have to like it, but goddamn. Perhaps its more productive to speak about how her potential is squandered.

I'd like to point out that I've hardly ever talked about this cutscene because there's really not much to be said. It's just so, so bloody stupid. That said, don't you think that this is one of the reasons as to why her potential is squandered? The game is too busy making you want to bang your older sister/"mother figure" to even bother giving her a proper personality that doesn't come across as either full of informed attributes or really, really cringe-inducing.

The squandered potential goes for all sisters anyway. I mean, can anyone remember more than a few lines Hinoka has said? Or any actions she has done? Flora does more than the sisters combined in the main story.

No need to ridicule people who are bothered by this; I can't think of a single good reason for the cutscene to be this way other than to please certain people. I would've been equally bothered if Ryouma's introductory cutscene was him getting out of a hot spring and putting on his armor while you were checking out his incredibly manly features - it simply doesn't belong in the flow of the story, and especially because Camilla is supposed to be a bloody mother figure.

Everyone's free to enjoy whatever they want as long as it doesn't affect anyone else, that's what I believe. Also, remember how I said there's a time and place for everything? If you want to play a game just filled to the brim with busty anime girls, then go for it; at least the game is upfront and honest about it and doesn't have some kind of identity crisis in the middle. Sex is as natural as can be, but that doesn't mean it should be included everywhere.

It doesn't, sorry, like always I can't talk without making jokes.

Yeah pretty much this. I expected Camilla to be the sexy one. The camera angles are purely to oggle her body. However while I don't mind that they put in a femme fatale character, I am a little peeved she's not wearing pants on a DRAGON. Wearing tiny panties on a big scaly beast doesn't seem very comfortable. You cannot even make the argument these are gym short bloomers either, they're way too small. The fact that there are even holes in her outfit to specifically zoom in on her ass and crotch is just extra silly. And it seems every mounted female decided it was pants-optional day, which is even worse. You'd think they'd reserve the bare legs for the myrmidon style characters who are designed around sword acrobatics, like in the old days.

I don't mind Camilla's boobs or curviness at all, just sitting on a mount like that makes me cringe internally. I love her hair and face though.

... but basically this.

Like I don't know how to explain it. I guess I would have been fine if the camera shots were the same but she didn't wear battle panties. It's strange to look at.

lingering shots on dat mom figure ass though

A previously undocumented use of Dragon Vein.

It's good to be the king.

i just can't wait to be king

I'd like to point out that I've hardly ever talked about this cutscene because there's really not much to be said. It's just so, so bloody stupid. That said, don't you think that this is one of the reasons as to why her potential is squandered? The game is too busy making you want to bang your older sister/"mother figure" to even bother giving her a proper personality that doesn't come across as either full of informed attributes or really, really cringe-inducing.

The squandered potential goes for all sisters anyway. I mean, can anyone remember more than a few lines Hinoka has said? Or any actions she has done? Flora does more than the sisters combined in the main story.

No i actually dont think this is part of the reason she's squandered. I really really dont. You can have a character whos really sex kittenish and stuff without it really getting in the way of her role in the story. The problem isnt the image of Camilla. The problem is that she doesnt get to have a role in the story. The game needed to talk about why she would want to bang your MU. The game needs to talk about her past. The game needs to give her a role thats not just a part of the sibling ratio. The scene in Birthright could make perfect sense if there was more exposition about Camilla herself. Thats really whats missing. The scene existing isnt the problem, like so many are making it out to be. I also didnt get this huge impression that Camilla is a mother figure. Shes supposed to be one, but i never really made that connect.

I do agree about Hinoka needing more of a role though.

No i actually dont think this is part of the reason she's squandered. I really really dont. You can have a character whos really sex kittenish and stuff without it really getting in the way of her role in the story. The problem isnt the image of Camilla. The problem is that she doesnt get to have a role in the story. The game needed to talk about why she would want to bang your MU. The game needs to talk about her past. The game needs to give her a role thats not just a part of the sibling ratio. The scene in Birthright could make perfect sense if there was more exposition about Camilla herself. Thats really whats missing. The scene existing isnt the problem, like so many are making it out to be. I also didnt get this huge impression that Camilla is a mother figure. Shes supposed to be one, but i never really made that connect.

I do agree about Hinoka needing more of a role though.

Exactly, that's the key word: you CAN - it implies that it's possible but it doesn't always necessarily mean that's the case; in Fates, Camilla COULD have been an interesting character and walked around naked at the same time, but they spent so much time and effort into making her sexy that they completely neglected giving her a personality.

In the end though, there are most likely many contributing factors that lead to her being such a waste of spaces (well, aside from in people's spank banks, but that's not really related to the game). The one I keep bringing up is the fact that you have EIGHT siblings; why the symmetry? Why so many? Did we need two different version of moe? Then throw Azura into the mix and you've got more protagonists than Fire Emblem has ever had, which leads to huge problems since some of them never get to stand in the spotlight for more than a few minutes - or in Hinoka's case, ever.

I won't be able to reply anymore now for a few hours since I've got to hit the hay. Three new courses tomorrow, oh dear...

Exactly, that's the key word: you CAN - it implies that it's possible but it doesn't always necessarily mean that's the case; in Fates, Camilla COULD have been an interesting character and walked around naked at the same time, but they spent so much time and effort into making her sexy that they completely neglected giving her a personality.

In the end though, there are most likely many contributing factors that lead to her being such a waste of spaces (well, aside from in people's spank banks, but that's not really related to the game). The one I keep bringing up is the fact that you have EIGHT siblings; why the symmetry? Why so many? Did we need two different version of moe? Then throw Azura into the mix and you've got more protagonists than Fire Emblem has ever had, which leads to huge problems since some of them never get to stand in the spotlight for more than a few minutes - or in Hinoka's case, ever.

I won't be able to reply anymore now for a few hours since I've got to hit the hay. Three new courses tomorrow, oh dear...

Well at least shes a good unit. All the siblings are, really. Camilla is still my favorite character in the game, right now. Although theres some Hoshidans battling for that spot.

Yeah i dig. I had a pretty long weekend and im still tired.

I would've been equally bothered if Ryouma's introductory cutscene was him getting out of a hot spring and putting on his armor while you were checking out his incredibly manly features

I'd actually like to see that cutscene happen...

Well at least shes a good unit. All the siblings are, really. Camilla is still my favorite character in the game, right now. Although theres some Hoshidans battling for that spot.

Yeah i dig. I had a pretty long weekend and im still tired.

Yeah she is a great unit!

I don't think it's the T&A that makes the scene a poor inclusion, it's how it's presented. I like sensual characters too but when a scene is "shot" to focus on a character's assets, it's not about atmosphere or character, it's 4th wall breaking fap material. There is a problem when the developers want to simultaneously make the player feel like this is your sister but also want to bone her.

All that said, putting curtains in front of Camilla's goods wouldn't improve the scene. If the goal is fanservice (it is), you aren't doing anyone a favor by meeting it halfway.

Still did this with Tharja in the Summer Scramble which is worse since that was a PAID episode. You especially don't censor shit that you've paid for. lol

Sorry for those who were fans of Tharja and was looking forward to it. Shouldn't belong in war -.-, but it's paid which is what the point was.

-----

Can skip it.

At least they've kept it in for there for others to enjoy.

Edited by PuffPuff