About the swimsuit thing...

Anacybele

I think technically we CAN still put one on our male units.

When I got a preview of Ike in the bath towel, he was wearing blue shorts instead of an actual towel. Or maybe that was his boxers, I dunno...

But if you wanted to just see his abs like I did, you're gonna be kind of disappointed. His body model actually changes too (I could tell by looking at his always-exposed biceps), so putting the towel on him will make him less muscular than he really should be and the abs are faint :(. I get that using the same model for multiple characters saves time/money, but I just thought this was kind of silly. xP

I wasn't seriously going to make him wear it anyway, just preview it. lol Thought I'd let people know how the bath towel works. On females though, it actually is a towel from what I remember seeing.

Edited by Anacybele

I didn't even need to buy the towel, like 5 of my friends sent me 1 in 1 day. They must think I have a lot of thirst for the ladies in the game or something. (okay, they aren't wrong but still, geez guys haha)

When you do the change option in the accessories shop, you can see characters in their undergarments.

Some of the females a lot sexier than most. ;p

Yeah, I thought it was that if it wasn't actually the towel. But that's still just kind of creepy. I mean, I just wanted to see Ike's abs, not his underpants. :P

There's also the "Raider" weapons which actually remove an enemy's clothing, so it's possible to see those character models in battle, too.

I still think clothes-destroying weapons is simultaneously the most stupid, hilarious, and awesome thing in this game thus far.

I haven't completely lost hope of the swimsuits getting added in later--after all, the Beach Brawl DLC comes out on the 25th, so I wouldn't be surprised if it got added at some point.

The only reason I think this is because there's a lack of consistency in how the localization team approaches censorship. Camilla's cutscene was kept intact, and the raider/disrobing weapons are in there... but for some reason, swimsuits are taboo?

Let me reiterate that it is possible in this game for units to fight in their underwear, but not in a swimsuit. I still find this baffling.

EDIT: After taking a look at some of the swimsuits, some of them are startlingly revealing, so the decision to remove them is starting to make a bit more sense. Still, I'd like to see them added at some point.

Edited by Helswath

They're pointless as you can't wear them in battle. The same applies to the original Japanese version. It is war and it'd be pretty fruity if they did!

Edited by PuffPuff

Yes, it's like that for girls too. I think it was an oversight by treehouse. That would make them pretty incompetent though. Then again, removing the swimsuits when you can do this would make them stupid. They are either incompetent or stupid I guess.

EDIT: After taking a look at some of the swimsuits, some of them are startlingly revealing, so the decision to remove them is starting to make a bit more sense. Still, I'd like to see them added at some point.

"startlingly"

They look pretty much the same really. They really aren't pushing that T rating. Also, beaches exist.

I don't think I could ever buy the towel anyways.

All I ever get is cabbage and onyx! I wonder how people manage to get a bunch of milk and crystals. >_>

I've got a gold milk farm let me get my castle code and you can visit!

Edit- 13745-46352

93187-07404

Also have gold quartz, ruby, and soybeans And Gold every shop, Dawn and Dusk Dragon, and smithy if you need it. Silver or bronze on statues defences, and everything else.

Edited by Nukemind

I don't think I could ever buy the towel anyways.

All I ever get is cabbage and onyx! I wonder how people manage to get a bunch of milk and crystals. >_>

If you go online you can just visit any castle and talk to their people to get their resources. And yeah castle codes.

They're pointless as you can't wear them in battle. The same applies to the original Japanese version. It is war and it'd be pretty fruity if they did!

Wait, really? That makes sense, but where are they worn? The bathhouse?

If so, then it makes even less sense to take them out.

Edited by Helswath