Those playing Conquest on Hard/Classic, What are the biggest challenges?

Volke29

I'm playing Birthright now, but am saving Conquest as I like the limited EXP and harder game play. I plan on playing Hard/Classic.

What makes conquest so hard? Is it just cheap? Or is it one of those where one or two units do most of the killing early on?

Really curious.

Can't speak for Hard since I'm going through Lunatic, but it's been fair and fun so far. What's been making it difficult is a combination of enemy placement and enemy skills, as well as the fact that enemies will take every chance they can to use attack stance. From what I have seen of others' playthroughs, Hard has fewer enemies and skills than Lunatic, but it still provides a decent challenge.

Enemies generally have better stats, while lopsided, they technically have higher stats than your characters in their relevant departments.

The game isn't symmetric, think critical hits but more, so skills can be very dangerous.

Enemies with effective weapons(leaving a beast or armour unit carelessly would be pretty much suicide), multiple weapons, tight areas with 3-5 enemies ganging up on you.

Enemy exclusive skills, enemy exclusive weapons,

The AI isn't dumb enough to suicide into you (still not perfect but you can't have everything I guess)

Edited by CocoaGalaxy