Dragonstone Corrin

crazy_man

Yes I know its generally frowned upon because its inability to double and is inferior to using the Yato.

However if one was wanting to focus on it for its tanking ability and its use of magic damage what would be the best set-up for this play style?

Boon on magic for damage or focus on HP/Defense/Resistance? Flaw in Str obviously.

Also which female character would be the best option to marry in Conquest or Revelations? Again its a toss up between +magic or +durability for me.

I feel cavalier would be best for secondary class for skills like Aegis from Paladin and Armoured Strike from Great Knight (-10 physical damage when initiating attack) if focusing on the tank aspect.

+ MAG / - DEF (or -STR but -DEF is optimal growth-wise) x Elise!Ophelia. Secondary as Diviner (2nd best magic class to Witch)

Magic + Tanking? I'll have to think about this one... Rinkah!Caeldori? She has a beastly DEF modifier and you could go +DEF as well and -STR I guess.. I'd still pick Diviner if you plan on being a Mage.

Aegis is unreliable but Armoured Strike could work if you chose Paladin... Perhaps Knight?

Armored Blow / Weary Fighter / Dragon Fang / Mirror Strike / Hoshido or Camaradie

Kinda a rough draft based on you ending as a Dragon.

Edited by ShadowStar77

A stone adds +10 Critical Evade. It hurts almost nothing by choosing -Lck if you use dragonstone to take hits.

+Mag is a must, otherwise there will be no reason to tank by dragonstone when we have Keaton and Xander.

Yato will have good use. You can always choose an enemy's weaker part to attack.

+def - luck

you'll be fat af and its not like you cant swap over to sword/tome whenever.

I honestly find myself using dragonstone almost exclusively on higher difficulties the swords/tomes are mostly good for triggering unique skills by killing the hell out of corin x.x

as for kana' eventual mom jut grab somone with a +mg modifier

reclass option set to draco/cav/bird always

Edited by joshcja

Yes I know its generally frowned upon because its inability to double and is inferior to using the Yato.

However if one was wanting to focus on it for its tanking ability and its use of magic damage what would be the best set-up for this play style?

Boon on magic for damage or focus on HP/Defense/Resistance? Flaw in Str obviously.

Also which female character would be the best option to marry in Conquest or Revelations? Again its a toss up between +magic or +durability for me.

I feel cavalier would be best for secondary class for skills like Aegis from Paladin and Armoured Strike from Great Knight (-10 physical damage when initiating attack) if focusing on the tank aspect.

If you're going tank Dragonstone Corrin I'd focus on Defense or Resistance, but not flaw Strength. Use a Luck flaw, that way you can still use Yato when the Dragonstone's damage is reduced from the Dragonstone+, throw a few debuffs on there and use Nohrian Noble paired with a support unit that gives damage reduction and has Aegis, Pavise, Sol etc essentially giving you 10 skills and sit there. Problem is it's not 1-2 range more than anything IMO, the no double attacking can be dismissed through Wary Fighter to an extent putting your offensive turns on more even terms.

+Mag -Lck is the way to go. Wary Fighter is unneeded, as stated above. One thing potentially worth nabbing is the DM Skill Heartseeker, which will increase your Hit by 20 which is nice. Also you could pick up Malefic Aura for +2 Damage, but with E tomes you wanna get out of DM ASAP. I would suggest marriage to Camilla!Ophelia so Kanna's Def isn't screwed if she wants to Dragontank, too. Also this marriage gets Kanna Savage Blow, helping her nab those OHKOs.