Stuck on Conquest's Endgame (Normal Classic) **Spoilers

Lucina's Husband

Alright, so I was feeling pretty good after figuring out how to kite the enemies on Chapter 27 then debuff the boss with my staves, but when I got to the Endgame chapter, I quickly realized I was completely screwed. You can't kite the enemies because there's a freaking energy blast hitting you at all times. If you send someone down to Dragon Vein, there's a good chance they'll get butchered if they're not named Xander. There's a staff user who will go out of her way to freeze your best unit, and there's an infinite number of spawning enemies.

And if you're lucky enough to get your butt close enough to the boss, good luck oneshotting them when they're in guard stance and completely overpowered. It's like they took the worst parts of Awakening's endgame and decided to sprinkle even more stupid all over it.

I have a single Rescue Stave with two uses and maybe two good users, and I cannot for the life of me figure this out. I got my Lance Fighter Avatar to 20, wife Azura to 40, Camilla, Leo, Xander, Elise, Selena, and Silas to 20 in the promoted classes, but I'm beginning to think this was all for naught.

For this, I'm not really sure how to help.

Would it be possible to list your funds, inventory, stats, and skills?

Most playthroughs I've seen usually involve some method of charging down towards the boss, so it seems to be more of a lack of firepower (and defense) issue for this.

The only real way left to fix this would be to do paralogues, but that might be an issue

I don't send them off by themselves even for Xander my tank. I headed towards the boss together as a group and try to keep everyone close to each other so they get attack stance. However, I send my tanky ones, which are Xander, Camilla and Leo and even sometimes Siegbert if needed. You have to know the range of your enemy and place your tanky units there to lure them over so you don't get surrounded by enemies. Give them guard stance too so they can hold down for a little longer. My Xander can OHKO most things so yours should be able as well. However, shreks faceless wills spawn from the side so don't place all your stronger units on the front line. It's all about good positioning so your team can block while the rest can attack. Something like pair up Xander with someone like his S support unit if he has one and then have a ranged unit behind him but make sure he's not in range of a ranged enemy as well. As for the boss himself, I just try clear some faceless first since they're not that strong and concentrate my strongest ones near him but not in range and then in the next turn try to kill him. You just need to kill one of them to win.

However, I did save scum so i can reset in the middle of the map and not go through the previous stupid chapter but it really is a matter of positioning for endgame.

Bro we are in the same shoes. I tried to finish conquest last night just to play that mission and get absolutely blasted. I do believe moving as a group would be the best choice despite me still getting beat when I used that method. If push comes to shove, visit and battle castles and take some of their units to help. Not the most popular option ,but it is there.

Bro we are in the same shoes. I tried to finish conquest last night just to play that mission and get absolutely blasted. I do believe moving as a group would be the best choice despite me still getting beat when I used that method. If push comes to shove, visit and battle castles and take some of their units to help. Not the most popular option ,but it is there.

Or alternatively, it's the endgame; open up your coffers and go skill shopping if you're having trouble.

I feel like I should have done more child paralogues and tried to have 16 completely fully leveled people as opposed to just Corrin, Azura, Selena, Leo, Odin, Camilla, Elise, and Xander with under leveled pair ups.

Male Corrin - Spear Master Level 20

46 HP

37 Strength (Cap)

30 Speed

30 Skill

26 Luck (Cap)

27 Defense

13 Resistance

Carrying a Venge Naginata, a Brave Lance, and a Javelin.

Azura - Songstress Level 40

28 HP

28 Strength (Cap_

34 Speed (Cap)

32 Skill (Cap)

34 Luck

14 Defense

19 Resistance

Carrying a Javelin.

Selena - Bow Knight Level 20

41 HP

25 Strength

33 Speed

21 Skill

27 Luck

27 Defense

25 Resistance

Carrying a Silver Sword, Crescent Bow, and Killer Bow

Elise - Strategist Level 20

33 HP

36 Magic (Cap)

32 Speed (Cap)

16 Skill

34 Luck (Cap)

10 Defense

31 Resistance

Carrying a Lightning, Mend, Freeze, Enfeeble, and Rescue.

Xander - Paladin

48 HP

25 Speed

27 Skill

30 Luck

37 Defense

12 Resistance.

Carrying Siegfried

Camilla - Wyvern Lord

43 HP

33 Strength

30 Skill

S0 Speed (Cap)

17 Luck

30 Defense (Counting Brave Lance decrease)

14 Resistance (Counting Brave Lance)

Carrying Brave Lance, Hand Axe, Dual Club, and Bone Axe.

Leo - Dark Knight

44 HP

20 Strength

33 Magic (Cap)

21 Speed

27 Skill

27 Luck

24 Defense

28 Resistance

Carrying Brynhildr, Iron Sword, and Calamity Gate.

Level 13 Shigure

Level 17 Laslow

Unfully leveled up pair up fodder includes Level 5 Great Knight Silas, Level 8 Dark Knight Odin, Level 24 Maid Felicia, Level 10 Fighter Charlotte, Level 16 Outlaw Niles, Level 3 Nohr Noble Kana. I also have a Level 9 Ophelia, a level 7 Soleil, and a Level 12 Sophie.

Only 4600 left in gold because I bought stat boosters for my characters.

Edited by Lucina's Husband

Shadow Yato is hideously strong, unless you have very huge reasons not to use it, you might want to give it a shot with a sword wielding class, as much as Spear Master is great, I'd say. Also Skills are kind of important as well.

Your characters all look to be ok in the stats department. Xander should be able to handle himself fairly well as long as he doesn't get mauled by magic and/or beast killers.

Buying the stat boosters was probably not a very good idea. I presume all your listed above characters are capped, so it looks like your army is kind of small, which may be one of the problems (max deploy is 16 so you only have 7 full strength characters, two of which are probably not able to survive an enemy phase if not guarded)

Edited by CocoaGalaxy

Shadow Yato is hideously strong, unless you have very huge reasons not to use it, you might want to give it a shot with a sword wielding class, as much as Spear Master is great, I'd say. Also Skills are kind of important as well.

Your characters all look to be ok in the stats department. Xander should be able to handle himself fairly well as long as he doesn't get mauled by magic and/or beast killers.

Buying the stat boosters was probably not a very good idea. I presume all your listed above characters are capped, so it looks like your army is kind of small, which may be one of the problems (max deploy is 16 so you only have 7 full strength characters, two of which are probably not able to survive an enemy phase if not guarded)

I agree with this. Skills actually may prove more important than stats. Maybe you should do some castles to get some powerful ones. There are actually many people with "open castles" with powerful characters left weaponless, thus harmless, and a free route to the throne, making it easier to take it and get the skills or, alternatively, the characters themselves, with may fill your ranks as disposable but powerful units.