Stornborns are disturbing ._.

BlueLeafeon

I'm just at Chapter 21 in Birthright and I am just immensely disturbed at how these things seem to be made of jelly and...whatever the flip they do to attack is just even more disturbing.

I haven't finished the chapter yet, but is there any explanation as to what the heck these things are, besides the help menu text when you select their class on the bottom screen?

They're basically stone Golems. Changing them to Stoneborn seems kinda stupid for me, since in Nohr castles they're still called Golem A, Golem B, and Golem C.

Edit: It is never explained in game how they're made unlike Faceless.

Edited by Silverhawk

There is no official answer, but here is a little something I came up with to help explain the stoneborn, along with a bit about the faceless. Keep in mind that this not official, just my headcanon.

The stoneborn entities formed from magic and earth. Similar to faceless, they are the creations of Nohrian dark mages attempting to form new tools for both hard labor and war. Though they failed at creating a good tool (immobile, tends to attack everything around them like faceless, only capable of throwing rocks at people), they created an excellent static defender with little regard for its own safety and is easy to use (i.e create and place in narrow choke points . That they happen to look incredibly freaky and have a terrifying attack animation (first time I saw it I was very disturbed) is only a bonus as it demoralizes attackers. They are rarely found actually defending Nohrian castles or cities, rather they are normally found near mountain passes and other strategic points leading into Nohr, acting as a early warning system and first line of defense for the Kingdom. A fair number of stoneborn also exist within the Forest of the Forlorn, these stoneborn are, however, feral and will attack anything they see. The presence of the feral stoneborn, along with feral faceless, has meant that many a aspring dark mage has entered the Forest seeking to claim as many of these animated constructs for their own purposes. The vast majority never return.

My theory is that the rock that composes their bodies is ordinary rock from the area; it's only the Mouth of Truth disk-thing itself that's magic, and it's enchanted to pull up surrounding earth and rock into a makeshift body for itself.

Just plopping those disks around a battlefield essentially lets you turn the battlefield itself into a dangerous weapon.

Edited by Anomalocaris

I literally just got to Ch 21 Conquest and holy shit......its almost 2 AM here and i just know these things might give me nightmares.....if there was a way to make the Mouth of Truth more creepy they certainly found it. I hate disturbing things like these ballooning stone creeps that pull their own faces off.... 0-0

So can these things move or are they just siege weapon enemies? I find it strange that they don't seem to have a backstory....

I literally just got to Ch 21 Conquest and holy shit......its almost 2 AM here and i just know these things might give me nightmares.....if there was a way to make the Mouth of Truth more creepy they certainly found it. I hate disturbing things like these ballooning stone creeps that pull their own faces off.... 0-0

So can these things move or are they just siege weapon enemies? I find it strange that they don't seem to have a backstory....

they are just siege weapons, unlike the puppets in hoshido they just sit there and blast you. Which can get annoying when a weaker unit is close to one and two of them pound the unit.