My Castle Address Tied to Game Card or 3DS?

Rezzy

Is the My Castle address tied to the game card or the 3DS? I know you can't have different castle addresses on the same game card, but what happens if you have two different game cards on the same 3DS, or conversely if you use the same game card, but on a different 3DS?

3DS card can confirm. I have two physical copies with saves on the same 3DS and they each have their own castle address. So the castle address is tied to the file save.

Okay, I have Conquest with Birthright downloaded as DLC, but it looks like all the gamesaves have the same address, unfortunately. So, if I get an additional physical copy of Fates, I can visit my other Castle, even if I use the same 3DS?

No, as My Castle is tied to your 3ds gamesave, by which I mean the gamesave used with your 3ds. You'd need a second 3ds. Even wiping data keeps your my castle address.

By way of example, I used both the eshop version of conquest and the .cia version of revelations and had the same my castle address on both of them.

No, as My Castle is tied to your 3ds gamesave, by which I mean the gamesave used with your 3ds. You'd need a second 3ds. Even wiping data keeps your my castle address.

By way of example, I used both the eshop version of conquest and the .cia version of revelations and had the same my castle address on both of them.

What happens if you start the game file on one 3DS, then use that same game card on a different 3DS? Does that change the address, or keep the one you started with?

What happens if you start the game file on one 3DS, then use that same game card on a different 3DS? Does that change the address, or keep the one you started with?

Not sure, I imagine it'd depend on whether or not you used the same save file? I really have no idea how that'd work out though.

Not sure, I imagine it'd depend on whether or not you used the same save file? I really have no idea how that'd work out though.

I guess I've have to try it if I get the chance.