Looking for some unit suggestions for my second playthrough

Hezul

As the title says, I am starting a new play through and was looking for some suggestions for some units to try out. I have a habit of using the same units over and over and wanted some ideas for a challenging/interesting team.

This was my last team...(in no particular order)

Roy

Lance

Clarine

Rutger

Lugh

Fir

Noah

Shin

Sue

Echidna

Klien

Lalum

Cecillia

Douglas

Thanks in advance guys!

Roy - you have to use him...

Lance - very useful in NM, less useful in HM. Allen did a better job in HM due to better strength and affinity.

Clarine - Rutger - Dieck just abuse this godlike support triangle, It helps you go through HM with ease.

Lugh - very useful, but still can be replaced by lilina and hugh in later chapters. I personally recommend to use multiple sages.

Fir - extremely powerful character.

Noah - mid tier character. even treck has a slightly better performance.

Shin - extremely powerful. do not switch to other archers/normads unless you want to make the game more challenging.

Sue - again less useful in HM due to low str and HP, but still a good choice.

Echidna - forget her. use Dieck or oujay instead.

Klien - mid tier character. He has lower stats than other archers, but does receive bonus in HM.

Lalum - not recommended

Cecillia - Random level 1 enemy valkyria in chapter 15 in HM can easily overshadow her. so ignore her.

Douglas - forget him.

• 2 weeks later...

Here is my team that I used when I last played Binding Blade in Normal Mode. (I gave up on Hard Mode.)

Roy (of course)

Marcus: Meat shield/decoy until Percival comes.

Alen/Lance: Two good knights that are generally well balanced. The former focuses more on Strength, while the latter focuses on Speed and Skill. Also two ax-users (when promoted) that actually have decent accuracy.

Elen: I just abused her staff to feed her EXP.

Dieck: Compared to Alen/Lance, my impression was "trade off movement and lance-using ability for better stats". Also another ax-user (as a Hero) that also can actually hit.

Thany/Shanna: More of a niche unit in that I armed her with a sword against Berserkers, and also sent her after mages (both which Milady had troubles with). She can also be a dodge tank if you're not going through Sacae.

Clarine: Also another dodge tank once you get her going.

Rutger: He unfortunately died in my playthrough, but he would have been another good dodge tank as well.

Sue: See Clarine.

Lilina: Mages were probably the only classes where dodge and accuracy weren't a huge issue. Plus, Lilina gets early support bonuses from Roy.

Fir: As Rutger died, it was Fir for me, and she is worth babying.

Shin: As Brucknerian said.

Ray: Out of all Druids, Ray was the only one that I could reliably send into battle.

Milady: A flying fortress basically, but I'll be careful of her lackluster Avoid - she was worn down surprisingly easily because of this. Also don't send her into a bunch of Berserkers unless if you want her slaughtered with a critical hit. Particularly this I've learnt the hard way.

Percival: Generally high base stats. Just be mindful of his slightly iffy Skill.