[spoiler=I Mean It Guys]

[spoiler=Come On, Dude]

[spoiler=I Will Guilt Trip You For LITERALLY FOREVER If You Cheat Off Of Me]

[spoiler=Hi, Randoman]

1. Crash Bandicoot

2. Bomberman

3. Banjo & Kazooie

4. Chocobo

5. Ray-Man (is it spelled like this, I don't quite remember but you get who it is either way)

6. Space Invader

7. Slime (Dragon Quest)

8. Dig Dug & His Dinosaur Pal (that he's inflating to death because Dig Dug is a sociopath)

9. Bub & Bob (I dunno, the main characters for Bubble Bobble)

10. Contra Dude (his name should be IRRELEVANT but I'm just going to guess Lance anyways)

11. Blinx The Time Sweeper

1. Crash Bandicoot

2. Bomberman

3. Banjo and Kazooie

4. Chocobo

5. Rayman

6. ...Galaga

7. Slime? Dragon Quest

8. ...Dig-Dug

9. ... Bubbles? Bubble Bop???

10. ... Contra?

11. I remember seeing ads for this as a kid, isn't this some Xbox game? With a pig character too?

Yeah, I figured I was probably overestimating Bub and Bob's iconicness, but since Taito did use them for both the Bubble Bobble and Bust-A-Move series (which I'm probably overestimating the prevalence/popularity of), I do kind of feel like that makes them Taito's "Mario," in terms of using a character in different gameplay styles.

Blinx, yeah, I definitely know he's not popular or iconic. The main reason I actually included him in the list is because Microsoft was actually considering making him the mascot of the XBox brand, since Blinx as a cartoony cat was thought to have had a much wider appeal to different groups (females, younger kids, etc.) than Master Chief (who'd mainly appeal to older guys). Well, we know that plan didn't carry out, but I was still curious as to how much people recognize him, being a character that had the potential to become the cartoony mascot for an entire game console brand.

To me, iconic means instantly recognizable even by mainstream standards

Bub, Bob, Dig Dug, & Blinx are never gonna get Megaman, Ryu, or Solid Snake's worldwide recognizability.