Pokemon Sun and Moon General Discussion: Official Site updated to include every new 'mon

The DanMan

Sun and Moon Poll 2.0  

147 members have voted

1. 1. Which starter is your favorite?

• Rowlet -> Dartrix ->Decidueye
    • Litten -> Torracat ->Incineroar
    • Popplio -> Brionne ->Primarina
    • Still can't decide -> unsure ->make up your mind
  2. 2. Sun or Moon

• Sun
    • Moon
    • Undecided
  3. 3. Who's your favorite Island Gaurdian?

• Tapu Koko (Electric/Fairy)
    • Tapu Lele (Psychic/Fairy)
    • Tapu Bulu (Grass/Fairy)
    • Tapu Fini (Water/Fairy)

I just saw people saying it's Rock type on Bulbagarden. At first I thought they mistranslated, as it doesn't look like a Rock type at all to me. But no one is saying this is the case, so... But there are few Rock types I like at all, so this is welcoming to me!

I hope it evolves into something called Rockweiler.

Its collar is made of Rock, and it's generally the color of rock.

That name's an interesting pun but it's probably a Shiba Inu so it wouldn't make sense.

• Replies 6.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Its collar is made of Rock, and it's generally the color of rock.

That name's an interesting pun but it's probably a Shiba Inu so it wouldn't make sense.

Like I said, it doesn't look like rock to me. And there are Pokemon of similar colors that aren't Rock type (like Eevee, and the Lillipup line).

Doesn't matter. Venonat isn't a gnat. Golduck has nothing to do with gold. Pineco is actually a bagworm, not a pine cone.

Edited by Anacybele

That video was posted earlier... :/

I wasn't aware of that.

Okay, this theory is sick.

It's insane, but how cool would this be?

I shouldn't get myself too excited but --

ALCHEMY!!!!

Edited by Vashiane

Altaria doesn't look like a Dragon, Exeggutor doesn't look like a Psychic type, Smoochum doesn't look an Ice or Psychic type, Bonsly doesn't look like a Rock type - there are Pokemon that don't really look like their typings from previous generations so I'm not too surprised that the cute thug looking dog doesn't necessarily look like a Rock Pokemon from first glance. It's rugged, rough and slightly aggressive design is what makes it look more like a Rock Pokemon if you were to compare it with an Eevee or a Lillipup. But that's just me.

The Koala thing could have been a Grass and Fighting Type and I could see it (fighting because of it's kicking using the stump hahaha). I would have loved that actually hee hee.

Edited by carefreejules

Nekkoala I don't care for at all, but Iwanko is cute.

Something interesting from Serebii, "CoroCoro hints that Rowlet, Litten, Popplio and Iwanko all hide a secret". The starters I could see having something secret, but this implies that Iwanko also has a similar secret. Maybe this has to do with the gems the protagonists have.

Duracel?

I think you mean Energizer. They had a pink rabbit playing a drum in their commercials/ads. But that's obviously not what I'm talking about. xP

Yep, Energizer had one too. I hadn't known that Duracell did though. xP And apparently, they did the bunny before Energizer did, which kinda disappoints me. Energizer's bunny was awesome. :P It was actually meant to be a parody of the Duracell bunny, according to the wikipedia article, but Energizer's bunny was much more successful while Duracell no longer uses the bunny in NA (which explains why I never knew about it). So they didn't just outright steal the idea, they just said "hey, nice idea! But we can do it better!" lol

Maybe I should draw a battery on my electric bunny Pokemon design to reference these two! Though I dunno where I'd put it without making the design look silly...

Yep, Energizer had one too. I hadn't known that Duracell did though. xP And apparently, they did the bunny before Energizer did, which kinda disappoints me. Energizer's bunny was awesome. :P It was actually meant to be a parody of the Duracell bunny, according to the wikipedia article, but Energizer's bunny was much more successful while Duracell no longer uses the bunny in NA (which explains why I never knew about it). So they didn't just outright steal the idea, they just said "hey, nice idea! But we can do it better!" lol

Maybe I should draw a battery on my electric bunny Pokemon design to reference these two! Though I dunno where I'd put it without making the design look silly...

Maybe have it be held by its ears, or holding the ends to make it look like the battery powers the bunny in circuit?

...That makes it sound like a robot...

You know, their names will most likely be changed in the localization. Just a thought.

They probably will, but spending a lot of time on Danbooru and other image sites makes you get used to calling Pokémon characters by their Japanese names. Except Pokémon themselves in Danby's case, because they form a weird exception to the JP names policy for them.

I speak from experience.

Sun/Moon are X/Y sequels confirmed!

...Well, most likely, right? And I didn't think they would be anime exclusive. It's hardly the first time the anime has introduced Pokemon or concepts before the games do. Hell, the very first episode did this. Ho-Oh appeared at the end of it. Then we saw Togepi, Marill, Blaziken, Kecleon, Lucario, Zorua, and Zoroark all before they were available in a game, I believe.

Sun/Moon are X/Y sequels confirmed!

...Well, most likely, right? And I didn't think they would be anime exclusive. It's hardly the first time the anime has introduced Pokemon or concepts before the games do. Hell, the very first episode did this. Ho-Oh appeared at the end of it. Then we saw Togepi, Marill, Blaziken, Kecleon, Lucario, Zorua, and Zoroark all before they were available in a game, I believe.

Nothing about this says X/Y sequels. It's more likely that Z got scrapped so they just threw it in somewhere. It doesn't even transform based on plot. It transforms based on health.

I at least hope we don't go back to Kalos. It was a fine region but revisiting regions is a bad thing if Gen II is any indication.

Both look really good. We also get to see Magearna ingame and stuff

Nekkoala is Normal type with Definite Sleep. It means that it can only be affected by Sleep and not Burn/Freeze/etc. I'd expect it to become Normal/Psychic because all dream-based Pokemon are Psychic.

Iwanko is a Rock type with Keen Eye or Vital Spirit. It's pure Rock or whatever.

I really hope they don't make the Koala a psychic type. Real life Koalas are quite possibly the stupidest mammals in the world. Turning that into a psychic type just doesn't seem right.

I'd like to jump on the Iwanko hype train. That little thing is stupidly cute, and one of few rock type designs that appeal to me.

Edited by Honey Bunny

The dog is the best of the Zygarde forms, imo. Because cute doggy, of course!

EDIT: Ms. Bunch, just stop, please. I'm getting tired of you trying to argue with and complain about my posts. Nothing says that these CAN'T be X/Y sequels and I really think we should get to go back to Kalos because some things there felt unfinished. And isn't gen 2 pretty popular? I don't see how revisiting a region is a bad thing at all. Besides, that was back in the GB Color days, we're in the days where game cards and discs and all can hold a lot more data, you know. HG/SS even made Kanto a lot better than it was in gen 2, I hear.

Edited by Anacybele

Zygarde 10% and 100% have been revealed.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=l7cW0F4JMsc

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=ZeZ_8s_kWXg

In case anyone thought they were anime exclusive.

We hear the battle theme and see the like three different signature moves.

Okay so I like the battle theme, its signature moves look badass, and I love the Zygarde 10% form (puppy!!!!).

My only complaint is a personal one so YMMV, but

what the fuck is that 100% form.

Is this Pokemon: Revenge of the Fallen?

I really hope they don't make the Koala a psychic type. Real life Koalas are quite possibly the stupidest mammals in the world. Turning that into a psychic type just doesn't seem right.

I'd like to jump on the Iwanko hype train. That little thing is stupidly cute, and one of few rock type designs that appeal to me.

Yet Slowpoke is psychic type despite being incredibly slow mentally...

Edit regarding Zygarde: I just hope 100% form has a type advantage against Xerneas and Yveltal

As is either could trump it.

Edited by Glaceon Mage