CAVALIERS DEBATE!

Liz

Ok, I understand it now. What happens is that for a low growth, the stat is more likely to deviate down (slightly... like 42% vs 40%), but when it does deviate up, it's more likely to deviate by a greater amount. And the inverse for a higher growth.

That stuff about the average being lower than the average is quite wrong, though. The average is the average and therefore cannot be lower than the average. I don't know what you were trying to say, but what you said isn't right.

So a character who fails massively but joins in the first chapter > a character who is teh bomb at everything but joins in chapter 15 or so? Lol no. Note that this is just an example :D

So a character who fails massively but joins in the first chapter > a character who is teh bomb at everything but joins in chapter 15 or so? Lol no. Note that this is just an example :D

Since when does Oscar fail massively?

He said it was just an example.

I'm all for using people who start with you earlier because generally speaking, you can get them to equivalent/higher level before the other person joins. The earlier you get them, the sooner you can see if you're getting blessed or screwed over in terms of stats with them, meaning you can keep them if they are becoming godlike or dump them if they suck.

Case in point: I started using Makalov once he joined my last playthrough because Oscar was still stuck at 9 speed at level 15 or 16 or so, and Kieran hadn't gained a point in strength and was about the same level. Mak's stats were lower when he joined, but he also joins at a low level and had time to grow. Once he got level equivalent (which really doesn't take long if you focus on just raising up a unit or two), he was superior to them.

That's part of the fun of the FE games, if you ask me.

• 1 year later...