is Phantom Ship or Last Hope harder?

sdfasdf  

31 members have voted

1. 1. ...

• Phantom Ship
    • Last Hope
    • Another chapter trumps both of them in difficulty

I was thinking about this. And for clarification, let's assume you're not using the method with warping a unit over to Riev to one hit KO him and end the chapter. I mean, I guess if you use that method it is definitely easier than Phantom Ship which has no such easy way out, but I think most people fall prey to bottle necking the bottom entrance and fending off the hero/warrior/sniper squadrons coming in from the north, Or maybe that's just me 'cuz I suck at this game.

Also, ppl who iron man, (are there such heroes I wonder), have you been able to beat these doozies without losing units? Just curious.

I won't proffer my opinion yet because honestly I am not sure.

Phantom Ship is no doubt harder, but if we ignore the alternate win con Last Hope might be harder. With the reinforcements being so numerous and varied turtling without a death is a serious concern unless your party has been power-leveled.

With outside grinding and arena abusing, everything seems more easier. Phantom ship is definitely harder because, in a sense, everything is still developing. Whereas in Last Hope, with all that grinding and abusing, it's a piece of cake. But regardless of grinding, Phantom ship is harder and longer to complete.

Last Hope gives you more room to maneuver, more time to get your defenses set up and a lot more options for good places to hold out and wait for the enemies. I'd say it's definitely the easier of the two. I think Father and Son is more difficult than both personally, without turtling specifically to break the enemy's status staves.

Last Hope gives you more room to maneuver, more time to get your defenses set up and a lot more options for good places to hold out and wait for the enemies. I'd say it's definitely the easier of the two. I think Father and Son is more difficult than both personally, without turtling specifically to break the enemy's status staves.

Man, fuck the beserk and sleep staff.

Last hope is so easy if you have warp, it never took me more than 2 minutes. The only reason against warping that I'm seeing is that you didn't get warp or ran out of it (lol), in which case you can like... rush to Riev anyway. I mean defending isn't an awfully interesting nor rewarding way to play it.

Phantom Ship is somewhat difficult so that. I never found Father and Son very hard anyway, you just need to be a bit careful and not rush, the reinforcements are too weak to force the player to push forward quickly anyway.

Edited by Gradivus.

I agree with this, I think Father & Son is possibly the hardest chapter in Sacred Stones, although on Eirika's route you do have to deal with Carlyle who can be a bit annoying because he's a swordmaster on a throne and all that. (I forgot the name of that chapter though)

Edited by Jedi

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

See, personally I'd put Phantom Ship as harder, partly because it's pretty nasty, but also because of the fact that you have few if any promoted units short of the prepromotes. Granted, Duessel and Seth are delete buttons, so that helps, but even then, you're shepherding a squad of like, level 15s through the ships and just waiting for them to come for you, because it's risky to send anyone after them, given the Mogalls destroying Cormag, and Tana having the possible issues of getting fog-ambushed and swarmed by Gargoyles.

Personally though, chapter 15 is the worst. Desert chapter where you have to keep a weak character, who's isolated from the main group, alive. In Ephraim's, it's Eirika and her paper armor, and in Eirika's, it's Knoll and his inability to dodge. Just... eurgh.