Is it worth to use child seals in optimization?

Suzuranao

So I used child seals on both Shinonome(Shiro) and Siegbert, I recruited them around ch.23 in both and I decided to use the child seals because I wasn't in the mood for grinding and also I can't in conquest.

They were both quite frail though, and although they indeed pulled their weight, I had to be careful and treat them as if they had the same bulk as a ninja (actually I think Kaze and Sakura handled hits better than them...)

So my question is, in optimization runs is it better to use child seals, other mothers or level them up normally? Their mothers were Rinkah and Mozume for reference. Sorry if this question was answered in another thread, I couldn't find it!

using Offspring Seals somewhat guarantees their average growths so they can't be RNG screwed. so why not? plus, if they have the seal (especially in Conquest), they're underlvled meaning you'd have to funnel a LOT of exp their way. not worth it. it also means you'd have to waste the money to buy another Master Seal. Offspring Seal also gives you free WExp +more if the promotion has a second weapon type so...why not?

oh, also if you meant that they were frail even after using Offspring Seal, it's not the seal's fault

Edited by GoXDS

I just recruited Velouria in my Lunatic/Classic playthrough (past chapter 18), her father is lvl 15 General and her mother is Camilla lvl 12. As soon I could control her, I promoted her using her Offspring Seal and I slipped my finger and got her in enemy range, but luckily enough she dodged 3 attacks and manage to kill 1 Faceless who attacked her (1 Faceless, 2 Adventurer) without losing any HP. So I must say Offspring Seal is really good for the child unit.

Edited by KamuiSama