What is Hinata's best promotion class?

HectorTheAxeman

Does he do well as a swordmaster? Ive been using him almost since I got him, and Ive planned on making him a swordmaster pretty much all along, but at level 20, hes looking like hes going to be a really unconventional swordmaster. High strength and defense, comparably low skill and speed. Would he better suited as a weapon master maybe? Ive been thinking about trying to make him something meant to be a bit beefier and swapping in Ryoma as my swordmaster. How does he turn out? His sword alone seems like enough to make him worth at least trying out

Swordmaster would probably help him more, I made him a Master of Arms and while he did well in terms of bulk, he was still lacking speed when I didn't have his wife (Hinoka) paired up with him.

The skills are ok, Master of Arms gets Strength Seal and Life And Death, while Swordmaster gets Astra (Which is godly in pair up because every hit counts for the defense gauge) and Swordfaire. I had an arms scroll lying around for when mine was a MoA so he had fun with Beastkiller and the Hammer, but I think he'd benefit more from Swordmaster, he reminds me of Trewd from FE5, because he has better bulk than most swordies. He would appreciate the speed.

Edited by Jedi

Swordmasters are obviously the most powerful class, with Crit/Avo through the roof. Master of Arms allows for extra weapon classes, for advantages against any other class. It's really your call, but I went with Swordmaster for both of my Samurai.

I've also gotten recommendations for evolving Hinata into a Lodestar class with the Before Awakening completion rewards. He loses Spd, but gains it back really fast, and then some.

TL;DR: it's your call.

Does he do well as a swordmaster? Ive been using him almost since I got him, and Ive planned on making him a swordmaster pretty much all along, but at level 20, hes looking like hes going to be a really unconventional swordmaster. High strength and defense, comparably low skill and speed. Would he better suited as a weapon master maybe? Ive been thinking about trying to make him something meant to be a bit beefier and swapping in Ryoma as my swordmaster. How does he turn out? His sword alone seems like enough to make him worth at least trying out

Ryoma is kinda ridiculous and outclasses pretty much everyone

But it doesn't mean you have to drop him. There's no harm in having 2 swordmasters. You do not have to have one of each class or whatever. SM is the best class for Hinata since he has plenty bulk even as a SM, but SM keeps his offense relevant and he can always be used for +speed pairup later on if his offense drops off too hard.

Alright, I guess Im just going to bite the bullet and go Swordmaster. I already have someone else I want to take Master of Arms anyway, and I prefer mixing it up for the most part.

Swordmaster would probably help him more, I made him a Master of Arms and while he did well in terms of bulk, he was still lacking speed when I didn't have his wife (Hinoka) paired up with him.

The skills are ok, Master of Arms gets Strength Seal and Life And Death, while Swordmaster gets Astra (Which is godly in pair up because every hit counts for the defense gauge) and Swordfaire. I had an arms scroll lying around for when mine was a MoA so he had fun with Beastkiller and the Hammer, but I think he'd benefit more from Swordmaster, he reminds me of Trewd from FE5, because he has better bulk than most swordies. He would appreciate the speed.

I paired mine with Hinoka too. Havent picked up their kid yet, so I cant speak to that, but their support bonuses have worked out nicely so far.

I paired mine with Hinoka too. Havent picked up their kid yet, so I cant speak to that, but their support bonuses have worked out nicely so far.

Nice, also Hisame looks a little like Kenshin with Hinoka's hair, so it was WORTH.