PAPER MARIO: COLOR SPLASH

Anacybele

The old Paper Mario games had interconnected worlds and shortcuts between them, and it was just a bit more immersive that way. Kinda like Super Metroid.

• Replies 136
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

One difference gamexplain suggested might be there is that it seems like cards, unlike stickers, are reusable, and that it might involve customizing a deck similar to Chain of Memories. While that's definitely an improvement upon Sticker Star's gameplay, until I see any remotely interesting locales or characters I do not have my hopes up of this being the Paper Mario I grew up with.

One difference gamexplain suggested might be there is that it seems like cards, unlike stickers, are reusable, and that it might involve customizing a deck similar to Chain of Memories. While that's definitely an improvement upon Sticker Star's gameplay, until I see any remotely interesting locales or characters I do not have my hopes up of this being the Paper Mario I grew up with.

We've seen three levels. Literally three. It's a little much for you to assume that it won't have any interesting places from three levels.

We've seen three levels. Literally three. It's a little much for you to assume that it won't have any interesting places from three levels.

Did I say that what I saw makes me certain it will suck? I said that until I see anything that indicates it'll have the diverse variety of characters, areas and charm of the first three games, I'm not getting my hopes up. Because everything we saw so far story and locationwise looks like it would've been right at home in sticker star.

I want some really crazy stuff, like a photo-negative forest, pirate island, or the moon. However, with it's religious adherence to the Sticker Star style shown in the trailer, I am very doubtful. Who wants to sing the anthem?

Grass Land -

Desert Land -

Ocean -

Jungle -

Ice World -

Fire World -

Boss!

I want some really crazy stuff, like a photo-negative forest, pirate island, or the moon. However, with it's religious adherence to the Sticker Star style shown in the trailer, I am very doubtful. Who wants to sing the anthem?

Grass Land -

Desert Land -

Ocean -

Jungle -

Ice World -

Fire World -

Boss!

so you literally want TTYD2

this is what's wrong with the paper mario fanbase

The Grassland this time is backdropped by the ocean and has a lake with a large waterwheel.

The Desert has train tracks and a giant train coupled with some interesting ruins.

The Ocean seems to have a resort theme.

There's also a giant warp pipe level that no one really payed attention to on the World Map.

I have zero problem with Mario's tried-and-true areas because they work that well. In any case, we likely will not be getting the same stuff as Sticker Star. Sticker Star is obviously rooted in NSMBU, but I expect a lot of 3D World/Mario 3 just from the World Map alone. And if the game is themed after 3D World? The game would be all the better for it.

so you literally want TTYD2

Well... basically? It had the tightest gameplay in the entire series and a lot of fantastic humor and really imaginative levels. The things you mentioned that "mixed up" those staple levels pale in comparison to:

* A monochrome forest where you lead a rebellion of tiny adorable insects

* A pro fighting tournament

* A dark nightmare realm where you spend 60% of the chapter with your face stolen and an abused villain lackey as your only friend

* A pirate treasure island

* An entire chapter taking place during a posh train trip

* A moonbase you have to get to by being shot out of a cannon by russian bob-bombs.

Edited by Alastor15243