Lunatic Growths- How Aptitude and Class changing affects them?

Roxachronc

So as the title implies I have some doubts regarding how the growths work when factoring Aptitude and Class Changing, I know the growths in Lunatic are set the moment you recruit a character(I tested it since my Avatar had the same Level up stats).

But what happens when you put Aptitude on a character? I suppose since the rolls are already done it just means that if it is in the new extended margin thanks to Aptitude it should go up or something like that.

And if I class change are new rolls made the moment you do it, or are those also covered when you recruit the character?Like if I reclass Felicia into Hero can I save before I class change her to play with the RNG or is meaningless and those are also already set?

So as the title implies I have some doubts regarding how the growths work when factoring Aptitude and Class Changing, I know the growths in Lunatic are set the moment you recruit a character(I tested it since my Avatar had the same Level up stats).

But what happens when you put Aptitude on a character? I suppose since the rolls are already done it just means that if it is in the new extended margin thanks to Aptitude it should go up or something like that.

And if I class change are new rolls made the moment you do it, or are those also covered when you recruit the character?Like if I reclass Felicia into Hero can I save before I class change her to play with the RNG or is meaningless and those are also already set?

Growths are set the moment you recruit them? Is that per level or for the whole game? That seems against the spirit of Fire Emblem. Do we know how that works?

I've seen it at work per chapter, in Normal and Hard. If I reset to an earlier Battle save, my units would get the same stat-ups, even if I did completely different tactics and enemies defeated by them on different turns.

Growth is not fixed.

You got a pseudo-random number list for level-up is fixed upon recruitment.

These pseudo-random numbers will be compared to you growth to decide +1 or not.

You can change your growth so the result can be changed in the same run.

You will have a different list in another run so the results are always different in different runs.

Edited by Tooru

Growths are set the moment you recruit them? Is that per level or for the whole game? That seems against the spirit of Fire Emblem. Do we know how that works?

I've seen it at work per chapter, in Normal and Hard. If I reset to an earlier Battle save, my units would get the same stat-ups, even if I did completely different tactics and enemies defeated by them on different turns.

in Lunatic only is it preset. it's still random. it only means you can't save scum their lvl ups

maybe the more accurate way to describe it isn't that their lvls ups are predetermined but the RNG rolls are predetermined. just as an example since I don't know how the RNG actually works but say the RNG rolls a number for each stat every lvl from 0-99. if the number is less than the growth of the char's stat, they'll gain 1. so proably the game just rolls the RNG for all the stats from the start and everytime someone lvls, it'll consult this saved RNG rather than reroll a new RNG every time they lvl.

so if the RNG rolled 45 and a character has 40% growth. then they won't gain anything. but say we reclassed (or gain Aptitude), which pushes the growth to 50, we'll see a gain. someone can try testing this in a Lunatic file w/ reclassing

Is lvl 99 a hard cap, or can you keep leveling with Eternal Seals? Kind of like you can keep leveling Lilith, but it still says she's Lv99?

I'd assume that the predetermined rolls extend to past 99 in that case?

I'm thinking of doing a Lunatic run on Revelation. I'm guessing that you'll max pretty much stat before 99 anyway, but it would be good to know.

Well I am aiming for a "Limited Battle" team, where stat boosters like Dracoshield and Eternal Seals are ignored, so that is why I wanted to know how Aptitude and Reclassing affects the growths.

Growth is not fixed.

You got a pseudo-random number list for level-up is fixed upon recruitment.

These pseudo-random numbers will be compared to you growth to decide +1 or not.

You can change your growth so the result can be changed in the same run.

You will have a different list in another run so the results are always different in different runs.

Oh yeah sorry for that, I meant that level ups stat gains are fixed upon recruitment, like you can have your avatar level up 4 stats in one file and 3 on another one even if they have the same boon, but in the first file no matter how much you restart it will always have the same level up stats gain.

So for example lets see, like the the game rolls a value of 47, without aptitude I have 40(just an example), so the stat does not go up, but if I equip it it will go up right?

But I wanted to know about class changing, does the roll stays the same(47)? or it has another list with different ones in that particular class?

@GoXDS Thinking a little that seems much more reasonable, it would be dumb to make a reroll every time you class change, thanks for the answer.

Edited by Roxachronc