Top 50/100 Albums Chart Thread

peener weener

so recently i made a chart of my top 100 albums because i am vain and i decided i should make a thread on sf where we all make and post our own

i used this site: http://topsters.net/

the idea is you make one, post it, and get/make recommendations and judge other people for liking trash

here's mine:

CQNpLVH.jpg

also for an optional fun little extra judgy game try to guess what people are like based on what they like

Edited by fuccboi

Aw hell yeah, somewhere I can show off my pretentious and narrow taste in music.

But yeah, since I add new albums to my favorites all the time, this list kind of becomes irrelevant in like a few weeks, but for the most part, a majority of these albums will always stay favorites of mine. Also, most of this isn't in "exact" order, because that's too hard, and I bet if I did do it in order, I'd have to change it immediately the day after.

wTflrPF.jpg

pls dont judge my music im very sensitive about my taste and im not confident enough in it to defend it

Edited by Disinnocence

I went Top 50 rather than Top 100 because I am about 99% sure that I'd get my Top 100 wrong in some way, shape or form.

Problem is, I can't figure out how to get the album names beside the list.

sn2z4o.jpg

Yeah, I think you can see what my likes are, for the most part.

Edited by Pharoahe Monch

Aw hell yeah, somewhere I can show off my pretentious and narrow taste in music.

But yeah, since I add new albums to my favorites all the time, this list kind of becomes irrelevant in like a few weeks, but for the most part, most of these albums will always stay favorites of mine. Also, most of this isn't in "exact" order, because that's too hard.

[snip]

pls dont judge my music im very sensitive about my taste and im not confident enough in it to defend it

EDIT: wow I legit forgot to put Hail To The Thief and Kid A in. They're in here in spirit I guess. Just imagine they are.

as always i dont guarantee anything but i recommend snowing (based on brand new i guess), dalek (d gripz + el-p), clipping. (d gripz), and labirinto (because of your taste in general. they sound exactly like gy!be)

edit: looking at my chart i feel like most of it can be categorised in like one of jazz, emo, post-rock, and hip hop

i really don't have as varied a taste as i like to think i do

Edited by fuccboi

as always i dont guarantee anything but i recommend snowing (based on brand new i guess), dalek (d gripz + el-p), clipping. (d gripz), and labirinto (because of your taste in general. they sound exactly like gy!be)

edit: looking at my chart i feel like most of it can be categorised in like one of jazz, emo, post-rock, and hip hop

i really don't have as varied a taste as i like to think i do

yo man, i'll definitely check these out man, particularly labitinto (and dalek, to some point), because i've actually been meaning to check them out for a while now, but i guess i was just lazy or something.

as for recommendations for you, probably not a lot of them that you don't already listen to, but in terms of post-rock (if you haven't checked them out before) there's like MONO (a bit more orchestral post-rock), we lost the sea (kind of like explosions in the sky, but with a tragic/triumph aspect to it i guess), and nosound (more of a prog/post-rock mix), but yet again, idk you've already checked them out, so yeah.

Also, Pharoahe, I believe you can add names on the side with the "configure layout" thing.

EDIT: updated my list. just lettin' people know, i guess

EDIT2: i guess the reason why i say "narrow tastes" is because it looks like i don't listen to any "old music" and whatnot.

Edited by Disinnocence

yo man, i'll definitely check these out man, particularly labitinto (and dalek, to some point), because i've actually been meaning to check them out for a while now, but i guess i was just lazy or something.

as for recommendations for you, probably not a lot of them that you don't already listen to, but in terms of post-rock (if you haven't checked them out before) there's like MONO (a bit more orchestral post-rock), we lost the sea (kind of like explosions in the sky, but with a tragic/triumph aspect to it i guess), and nosound (more of a prog/post-rock mix), but yet again, idk you've already checked them out, so yeah.

Also, Pharoahe, I believe you can add names on the side with the "configure layout" thing.

EDIT: updated my list. just lettin' people know, i guess

EDIT2: i guess the reason why i say "narrow tastes" is because it looks like i don't listen to any "old music" and whatnot.

thanks man i'll check these out

for dalek and labirinto i recommend the albums that the songs i posted are from (from filthy tongue of gods and kadjwynh respectively)

edit: i'll take a look at the others tomorrow probably it's pretty late

Edited by fuccboi

Yeah, I usually try to check out a band's album over a song because it usually gives me a better scope of what the band sounds like compared to listening to one song than may or may not be representative of the band's sound as a whole.

rdusGW1.jpg

My list isn't varied in the slightest but it's the best I could come up with and is certainly more diverse than it would have been had I tried even just last summer(or a few months ago, for that matter). The development of my taste is slow, but it's still improving. shout outs to various music sharing threads for helping in this regard

• 3 weeks later...

My top 50 might seem a bit of a typical rock album list but i couldn't help it. lol

lOdKTdK.jpg

the albums with no cover art are suppose to be;

R.E.M Murmur

Oasis what's the story morning glory

The Who Who's Next

King Crimson In the court of the crimson king