Best Boon, Bane, and Talent for Revelations?

SaMaster14

Mag children are only a small subset and only really a concern for FemCorn players unless you want magical Kana. Ophelia, Rhajat, and Forrest are the ones that comes to mind as being mainly magical--Nina, Dwyer, Mitama, Asugi can go hybrid I guess? But they don't need to be magical to be good. Everyone else don't really want to go near magic. Like if you wanna mother Shiro, he has 0% mag growth, what does he need mag for

Str+/Lck- Samurai. Since Str+ Corrin's speed isn't anything you could boast about, reclassing her to samurai and adding speed makes a really scary Corrin. Then reclass into Hoshido Noble after SwordFaire for the defense and you have a powerhouse Corrin. Ninja would probably work better for this but you'll probably see a more stronger Corrin than a faster one with this route.

Mag+/Lck- Diviner Corrin is great for magic Corrin too. Although you miss out on Yato bonuses unless you reclass into Dark Knight from A rank with leo, nyx, or odin. If you decide to go Dark Knight class you need someone with support bonuses that are heavily on speed like Adventurer, Elite Ninja, or Falcon Knight. Or you could go Spd+/Lck- for a more well rounded magic Corrin, as long as your pair-up bonuses increase magic, classes like Sorcerer, Strategist, and Onmyoji do well.

Or Grandmaster, but that's for next week.

Well, don't dragonstones prevent you from any skills that rely on percentages? That's a risky gamble. Most of the time I use Samurai/Swordmaster or Mercenary/Hero for a secondary class since I'll want to defeat as many targets as possible before getting killed or I want to remain alive which being a Hero(ine) helps.

Vantage + Sol + Dragon Fang + Counter + (whatever that skill was that increases your skill activations by 10%) on Corrin does wonders for survival. It does for my Male Corrin since as a Swordmaster with +Spd/-Mag it doesn't backfire much. It still gives me some problems but most threats don't last long.

What boon and bane do you use for your Hero?

What boon and bane do you use for your Hero?

Boon is either Skill (Sol) or Res (due to all the magic-users), the Bane is either Luck (usually it's high enough) or Magic (I never use staves, tomes or scrolls unless I'm a Hoshido Noble).

Edited by Emblem Blade

Talent is very good especially for Children and Spouse, they will get the class in Heart seal or Partner seal, but in Revelation you can get almost any class form A support so you don't have to worry about final class of your character, instead worry about children/Spouse skills

tbqh XeKr

It's only so many levels that you can enjoy flying while also having Bowbreaker and quite a bit of reclassing to get all the skills.

The thing is if both Jakob and Corrin are reclassed, Subaki (and I guess Kinshi!Takumi) is the only early flier and there’s Fuga’s wind, Ninja forest, Ice boats, etc early.

And given the nature of Valla mid/late, flying is rather strong in many of its maps. I suppose Gunter can fly when it matters, but there’s a few lost stats from no support, plus it’s hard to switch back to him ever, and slow to move from one island to another if getting treasure/routing.

There’s a lot of defeat boss/seize, so I assume the actually optimal strat is often to ignore everything and multiple refresh some combination of Camilla+Ryoma, Hinoka+Leo/Xander, and Gunter (maybe Wyvern!Jakob from Beruka)+Corrin(+her puppet). Though in certain restricted runs, such as without siblings or girls-only or whatever other nonspecific teams, Corrin might need to do more and like flight herself.

The Bowbreaker thing is more for fun, 9 move flying, and pretty much invincibility between Malig bases, Horse Spirit, Bowbreaker. Revelations is also kinda the place I like to play around and do endgame scaled children paralogues/DLC. It’s not actually much reclassing because Dark Knight works just as well in a few maps, then Sorc is just 1 level and a bit.

Mag children are only a small subset and only really a concern for FemCorn players unless you want magical Kana. Ophelia, Rhajat, and Forrest are the ones that comes to mind as being mainly magical--Nina, Dwyer, Mitama, Asugi can go hybrid I guess? But they don't need to be magical to be good. Everyone else don't really want to go near magic. Like if you wanna mother Shiro, he has 0% mag growth, what does he need mag for

Caeldori too, between Falcon and Prodigy.

The Spd growth could affect things also, probably as much as or more than –Luck actually increases the chance of resets. If borderline spd early, even with tonics, -Luck has around a 75.1% chance of 6/10 procs, while –Mag has around 63.3% for the same. Not doubling is half damage, using a +Spd Pair instead of Gunter to compensate is like -5 Str, -4 Def. Ultimately marginal sure, but –Luck starts at what 1 crit evade, if the enemy pulls nonzero amounts (while Goddess Icon/Luck Tonic give +4 luck each) and gets through avoid/dual guard and actually does lethal damage?

I suppose –Mag gives you +1 Cap for everyone from Kana’s statue (while hurting Corrin/Kana/other child’s own Mag/Spd cap?) but I’m the type that would rather minmax probabilities during the main game.

Also, shouldn’t do this for Ninja talent, but +Mag can help a lot of kids go mixed, even if they have 0 personal growth, due to the high mt of magic weapons and relative low Res of enemies. Can stack certain personals like Shiro/Soleil with decent class base and maybe +dmg skills. Kinu is generally a worse version of Kaden in her base class, so it’s also a wacky option for her.

But basically, it doesn’t matter. –Hp/-Spd/–Def are probably the only ones that make things harder in the maingame.

Also wrt to the original topic, technically, Revelations requires at least 1 other route, so Dread Fighter is always available. Corrin as one demolishes everything.

Hmmm it seems like Male Corrin can get any class from same gender A ranks except for Oni and Apothecary and Female Corrin can access all classes through A ranks so you can choose a talent solely for passing (which is kinda bullshit and worse than awakening imo).

Edited by ckc22

Hmmm it seems like Male Corrin can get any class from same gender A ranks except for Oni and Apothecary and Female Corrin can access all classes through A ranks so you can choose a talent solely for passing (which is kinda bullshit and worse than awakening imo).

Well the main reason to talent is if you want to play a different class right away