So I have to give up a kid if I marry a female unit?

Okay, So i'm playing through fates on my birthright route, and I marry one of the female units that can marry other units beside just me....

then I notice Azama doesn't have a wife....

so... so if I marry a female unit that can marry other characters I steal a spot from another male unit so I will be unable to recruit one of the kids?

In the end it is an uneven number of children if I count Mitama, so is that right?

Does that mean if I want every single kid I should have married Scarlet? (and I get one extra unpaired kid?) or in conquest I should marry Flora? so I can get ALL the kids?

that carries to revelations. does that mean I can have all the kids there and have every single main line unit paired up?

Help would be really appreciated. I just don't get it...

In all three routes if you play as a male you have to marry either a Corrinsexual (Flora, Scarlet, Reina and Anna. If you have the NA version, you cannot get Anna yet as she is a reward for completing a certain DLC map) or a 2nd gen female unit.

Don't worry about losing one kid or anything too much though, because it doesn't really take much, if anything. away from the overall experience of the game.

Basically, between shared, Hoshidan and Nohr exclusives we have, not counting our dear Corrin:

3 shared women (Mozu, Felicia, Azura) and 3 shared men (Jakob, Kaze, Silas).

Nohr exclusive: 8 women (Elise, Camilla, Selena, Peri, Charlotte, Baruka, Nyx, Effie) and 8 men (Xander, Leo, Laslow, Odin, Benny, Arthur, Niles, Keaton).

Hoshido exclusive: 8 women (Hinoka, Sakura, Orochi, Kagero, Oboro, Setsuna, Hana, Rinkah) and 8 men (Ryoma, Takumi, Kaden, Hinata, Hayato, Azama, Saizo, Subaki).

So, no matter what you do, no matter where you go, if you want to play M!Corrin AND get all the kids, either an exclusive is required, or one of the 1st gen pairs will be a grandparents. While F!Corrin leaves us with an unclaimed single lady.

I recommend planning which child remains unborn.

...And that sounds terrible. =/

I suppose it wouldn't be that big of a problem unless you wanted to not have to choose one outcome or the other. Quite fitting with the whole "choices" theme huh, haha.

Edited by Acacia Sgt

Basically, between shared, Hoshidan and Nohr exclusives we have, not counting our dear Corrin:

3 shared women (Mozu, Felicia, Azura) and 3 shared men (Jakob, Kaze, Silas).

Nohr exclusive: 8 women (Elise, Camilla, Selena, Peri, Charlotte, Baruka, Nyx, Effie) and 8 men (Xander, Leo, Laslow, Odin, Benny, Arthur, Niles, Keaton).

Hoshido exclusive: 8 women (Hinoka, Sakura, Orochi, Kagero, Oboro, Setsuna, Hana, Rinkah) and 8 men (Ryoma, Takumi, Kaden, Hinata, Hayato, Azama, Saizo, Subaki).

So, no matter what you do, no matter where you go, if you want to play M!Corrin AND get all the kids, either an exclusive is required, or one of the 1st gen pairs will be a grandparents. While F!Corrin leaves us with an unclaimed single lady.

I recommend planning which child remains unborn.

...And that sounds terrible. =/

Or think of it as which man will remain forever alone?