Someone answer a few questions for me?

bookwormbabe29

Hi there!

Thanks for stopping. So as topic says, have a few questions that could use some clarification.

1. Is there a way to find out what Supports I haven't seen? This game's log only shows what I've read (as far as I can tell) and the support menu itself doesn't show kids on them (at least before they are born) so it's frustrating trying to figure out how I'm progressing, if I am missing someone, etc. Is there a better way to go about this?

2. On the bosses that can be captured... is there any reason to do so? Do they ever get lines or acknowledged in anyway, skills, etc something to make them differ from generic unit you captured? The system is interesting, but it doesn't seem like the units will ever be worthwhile, especially when compared to Bond units or hiring units from other players. I feel like I'm missing something here.

3. Is there anyway to farm stat boosters? I thought the DLC 'Beach Brawl' had a lot, but apparently you can't take them with you. My levels have been horrible so far, so I'm hoping to find someway to raise weaker units without driving myself crazy.
Thanks for your time, and happy gaming out there ;)
V

1. Unfortunately, aside from the building in My Castle, there is no way to see the supports (there was a feature in Awakening that could show all possible supports for any units in the game extra's but I think it's the building). For the kids, it's because any mothers can be their parents (you will see with who they can support once you recruit them).

2. Well, some generic boss have some cool skills that you could use but honesly, capturing someone is something for your own enjoyement (or if you want to challenge yourself). Otherwise, any units is more worth.

3. I don't think there is a single way to farm stat booster, not even Awakening had a DLC for that.

However, I could be wrong.

Edited by Nym

That's kind of what I thought, but I was hoping to be wrong. Sigh.

I'm having the hardest time truly getting into this game. I had more fun grinding father/child supports in Awakening and those were nearly identical to each other. Everything feels so much slower or clunkier, with no way to fix to such things.

Capturing is really useful for bots/expendables on conquest.

As for leveling/fixing up bad units etc... It helps to know what version you're playing as birthright/conquest/rev are very different games.

Edited by joshcja

That's kind of what I thought, but I was hoping to be wrong. Sigh.

I'm having the hardest time truly getting into this game. I had more fun grinding father/child supports in Awakening and those were nearly identical to each other. Everything feels so much slower or clunkier, with no way to fix to such things.

If it helps the free DLC Before Awakening is pretty decent for grinding supports even in Nohr where you can't get EXP from it. Pair up and add a seed of trust and hold down the forts on the side of the map you start at.

1. The Support Log in the Records Hall only show conversation chains you have at least started. You'll have to check the save file's Support menu to see who can speak to who.

2. They have unique portraits (though they do get reused in the Museum Melee DLC map) and can carry skills most generic units may be unable to learn, especially if you captured them on higher difficulties. Nichol and Candace also have critical/skill activation cut-in portraits. They also have some limited voice acting (namely battle grunts and such if you have combat animations enabled). Some captured bosses can at least hold their own in combat even though they can't support (ie. Haitaka, as a spear fighter, has 60+% each in Str, Skl, and Spd growth rates).

Fates is also the very first game in the series in which the recurring bandit twins archetype (for this game, Lloyd and Llewelyn from Paralogue 2) are playable. The generic Lancer class is only playable by capturing enemy lancer units such as during challenges.

3. Unfortunately, you can't, not even in Awakening (you can keep getting stat boosters in Awakening but it's luck-based on whether or not a DLC village/chest or Risen skirmish boss would be holding one).

Edited by Roflolxp54