Best mom for Selki and Velour?

Ngtunganh

Hey, what a fitting thread. I'm going to try a Revelation run on Lunatic once I'm done with Birthright. I know I want to marry Velour but - and here's my dilemma - I vastly prefer a magical Kanna, and my Corn has + speed - luck like always.

How do I make this work without spending all my stat boosters on my little family?

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Hey, what a fitting thread. I'm going to try a Revelation run on Lunatic once I'm done with Birthright. I know I want to marry Velour but - and here's my dilemma - I vastly prefer a magical Kanna, and my Corn has + speed - luck like always.

How do I make this work without spending all my stat boosters on my little family?

Don't use Kana

Velouria!Kana is going to have dismal magic, her absolute best (as a Sorcerer) will be 43% mag growth. You're going to want to either make a physical Kana or choose a different mother.

Don't use Kana

Velouria!Kana is going to have dismal magic, her absolute best (as a Sorcerer) will be 43% mag growth. You're going to want to either make a physical Kana or choose a different mother.

My dreams...my dreams are crushed...I miss my Ophelia!Kana as a Witch, spreading absolute mayhem over the entire battlefield.

OR I could just spend all of that Spirit Dust on Kana and keep trying anyway.

By the way, does Velour's mother change the growths she passes on, or are those always the same?

My dreams...my dreams are crushed...I miss my Ophelia!Kana as a Witch, spreading absolute mayhem over the entire battlefield.

OR I could just spend all of that Spirit Dust on Kana and keep trying anyway.

By the way, does Velour's mother change the growths she passes on, or are those always the same?

I haven't married a second gen character to check but it should change according to her mother. Even if you gave Velour the most magical mother (Elise) her magic would be pretty much the same as Kana's default growths (30%), ie not very good for a caster. Maybe that's "good enough" (I don't know how strong the enemies are) but it would seem a conflict of interests to have Velouria, a strongly physical leaning character, be the mother of a magical Kana. Go for physical Kana, I say. Berserker Kana

Edited by NekoKnight

I haven't married a second gen character to check but it should change according to her mother. Even if you gave Velour the most magical mother (Elise) her magic would be pretty much the same as Kana's default growths (30%), ie not very good for a caster. Maybe that's "good enough" (I don't know how strong the enemies are) but it would seem a conflict of interests to have Velouria, a strongly physical leaning character, be the mother of a magical Kana. Go for physical Kana, I say. Berserker Kana

Dammit, why do I even like that character anyway, and why do I prefer magical Kanna?

Ah well, thanks for the information, man. I think I'll have to swallow the hypothetical bitter pill and raise a physical daughter; my Corn will be so disappointed.

Actually, Thane, if you pair Keaton with Nyx, you can get a great magical Velouria!Kana. As a sorc or witch with +Mag/-Str, you have a 60% Mag growth and a 50+ Spe growth. Just saying.

Actually, Thane, if you pair Keaton with Nyx, you can get a great magical Velouria!Kana. As a sorc or witch with +Mag/-Str, you have a 60% Mag growth and a 50+ Spe growth. Just saying.

Not quite. If my calculations are correct. A Nyx!Velouria will have 25% mag, and that Velouria!Kana will in turn have 27% mag. The witch class bonus will bring it to 52, which isn't bad but it could be better. That said, witches have an absurdly high base magic (10, so four points higher than Nohr Noble) so it might be good enough. Elise is still a better mother for Velouria if the focus is magic, however.

Edited by NekoKnight