The justification for Corrin joining Nohr

Disclaimer: I have yet to play the game. I do not know the exact situation. However, it would seem to me that Corrin is essentially Nohrian royalty, because Nohrian tax dollars have been paying for him. I myself view royalty as a contract. You live off your people's tax dollars, and in exchange you give your all for them. If you are male, you join the army. If you are female, get married to secure an alliance. What you don't do is run off to join the nation your country is at war with. That is why Corrin should join Nohr. Thane, feel free to rip this a new one.

Don't worry, Thane definitely will.

*rubs hands together in anticipation*

I would elaborate on why many think Hoshido is best route but, since you haven't played the game yet, I won't because of spoilers.

Yeah, TBH this is more my royalism speaking than the game itself, but unless Nohr are like the Nazis or some shit Corrin is justified in fighting for them.

Yeah, TBH this is more my royalism speaking than the game itself, but unless Nohr are like the Nazis or some shit Corrin is justified in fighting for them.

Eh, the problem is less why Corrin fought for Nohr, (though it's still a problem), and more how he objected to the crap Nohr was doing by pouting like a little bitch. As a warning to you, a good debate on this isn't going to happen without spoilers. So I suggest reading the So why exactly do people call Conquest Corrin an idiot?(Conquest spoilers) Thread to catch up on why many hate the story.

No spoilers here (past like ch6 anyways), Garon and his flunkies are pretty into atrocities and puppy kicking.

That said Corin is 100% sheltered and his/her siblings and everyone he/she was raised around are entirely decent human beings, if somewhat pragmatic/crazy. The common folks of nohr are either A) Just getting by like people, B) in the non swastika wearing part of the army, C) Rebelling.

Garon is entirely unsympathetic but nohr as a whole is pretty neutral and or full of GREAT HEROISM.

So yeah Corin joining Nohr makes complete sense if you don't 4th wall break super hard. ("Corin, We litteraly just met but help us kill everyone you love."-Ryoma Translated from lobster to human ofc)

(I forget, is this a shot or a sip infringement thread)

Edited by joshcja

Lol, I don't have a problem with this reasoning, but then Corrin should justify his decisions as such instead of some delusional BS about helping the people of the two countries.

Eh, the problem is less why Corrin fought for Nohr, (though it's still a problem), and more how he objected to the crap Nohr was doing by pouting like a little bitch. As a warning to you, a good debate on this isn't going to happen without spoilers. So I suggest reading the So why exactly do people call Conquest Corrin an idiot?(Conquest spoilers) Thread to catch up on why many hate the story.

That, and the 10 other threads that have already happened.