dark souls 3 hype

Tryhard

i'm scared to think how it will be with not-broken magic

speaking of which, didn't that happen with Bloodborne too? arcane scaling was broken on release and they fixed it relatively early on?

yeah it sucked and was one of the worst stats to invest in

then it quickly became very good after they lowered bullet costs for arcane tools across the board and pumped up their scaling

• Replies 235
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

why can't i play the game yet, i saw even dsp got the xboner version in english, true suffering

also don't think i didn't see your last recorded video esme

>shadow set

>chaos blade (i think)

>smoke bomb roll ring

verdict: weeb

I assume you used a respec?

Edited by Tryhard

o

that works too

yeah, he was showing something to his friend the other day

he's actually legit good at PvP

way better than I am

apparently 1.03 came out for japanese version and includes FUGS nerf, like 70 base AR nerf (i saw this one coming) and sorcery buff/scaling fix? apparently faith is still not scaling very well though so maybe it's just intended for their offensive miracles

i do kinda wish they would publish full patch notes but i haven't been able to find any

THREE DAYS

Edited by Tryhard

FAI is scaling fine

Lightning spears just worj differently now. They deal maximum damage at point blank range and are meant to be used in tandem with the talisman weapon art. Meanwhile, chimes are meant to be used with healing miracles and hexes.

sadbois

have you formed an opinion on the game? i never saw but I assume you completed it

edit: i guess i should clarify because asking "wow is it the best souls" is pretty pointless - would you consider it the dark souls 1.5 that a lot of people want it to be, I personally don't really have a problem with DS2 but I've also heard people complaining about it (DS3) and i'm just wondering if that's the standard game board nitpicking

Edited by Tryhard

have you formed an opinion on the game? i never saw but I assume you completed it

Yup. Completed it two times already. Getting ready for a third playthrough soon.

I really like the game and I'm glad FROM is finally trying to finish the story that the first Dark Souls started. The story progression is more linear than pre-SotFS DaSII, but the levels themselves are HUGE and have lots of secrets and shortcuts-- it's really cool --and you even have a DeS-style hub as well, which I love. I also like how they introduced Weapon Arts as an attempt to differentiate weapons in the same class. It's not as good as the trick weapon system from Bloodborne (How can they even top that? It's insanely cool.), but it works well for the Souls games.

The only problems I have with the game are the poor(-ish? I guess.) weapon balance and the fact that they didn't really do anything particular new with magic and, in fact, made them worse than previous installments because you're practically forced into specific equipment setups in order to meet the damage that melee builds are capable of doing within a short period of time. Sure, you're really destructive by the time lategame comes around, but you suffer from somewhat slow casting times in a game where enemies and bosses are more aggressive than they have ever been in a Souls game. This means that your playstyle is basically going to be "roll-roll-roll-- soul spear/fireball/lightning spear --roll-roll-roll". Now there ARE interesting spells, but they're horribly weak. The Flashsword, for example, could have been a great way to give Sorcerers a substitute for a melee weapon, but the damage can't even compare to straight swords even with a decent +10 catalyst. Farron Dart is basically a throwing knife that costs FP, and don't even get me started on Farron Barrage and Soul Shower. I would have preferred if they got rid of the Dragoncrest rings altogether and made spells scale better with your INT + Catalyst. Right now, spell damage relies on headgear, rings, and your catalyst's scaling, which actually has a major effect on its WA rather than having a huge effect on your spells iirc. This is probably why people are so confused about spells and are claiming that they're not scaling properly. I thought the very same thing when I first played, but after testing stuff out and really learning about the mechanics, I think they're working as intended. I hope not, though.

I mean, it's not like I want Crystal Soul Spears to do more damage than they already do, but spells like Flashsword, Farron Dart, Soul Shower, Farron Barrage, Soul Dreg-- they could all be very useful in PvE and could probably make pure/hybrid casters a more viable choice in PvP, too, but they're just completely overshadowed by the Arrow/Spear family and the endgame spells like Soul Kamekameha and White Dragon Burp.

Anyway, despite my grievances about Sorceries, the game is still a blast to play, and I at least can kick ass with pyromancies and the Witch's Locks (badass whip unf~).

There's a bunch more shit I could say, but I don't feel like typing it out lol.

thanks for all you did say at least, I'm still excited because I've dealt with the poor balance from always manages to do lol. I do hope they do address the spells if not soon then a few patches into its lifetime.

speaking of which I heard after from do part ways with bamco (thank god) they've got a couple games in the pipeline for Sony as a contract? meaning there might be Bloodborne 2 (most likely), Demon's Souls 2 (least likely, I would say), or something completely new developed for Sony in the future.

that said, I do hope they do take a longer development period than Bloodborne to Dark Souls 3, though I imagine that might be bamco's doing.

Edited by Tryhard

I really hope they do something akin to Bloodborne. Like, similar mechanics, but a totally different setting and a huge twist on the gameplay we're familiar with.

Part of why I like that game so much is because it really did try to switch things up. (The story was really cool, too. One of the coolest stories I've seen in a video game.)

Edited by Esme

speaking of which I heard after from do part ways with bamco (thank god) they've got a couple games in the pipeline for Sony as a contract? meaning there might be Bloodborne 2 (most likely), Demon's Souls 2 (least likely, I would say), or something completely new developed for Sony in the future.

oh for fuck's sake

Just for curiosity, what would you guys like From to do next? More games similar to Dark Souls?

While I've played every soulsborne game, I never tried any of their other games

oh for fuck's sake

4theplayers lmao

Just for curiosity, what would you guys like From to do next? More games similar to Dark Souls?

While I've played every soulsborne game, I never tried any of their other games

They can do Souls or they can do another game. I don't really mind. I like what they've put out so far and I'm excited to see what they might do in the future.

Edited by Esme

oh for fuck's sake

while exclusives suck ass Sony seem to be a much better publisher than fucking bamco

But they dropped the ball from their own perspective to not sign them up after demon's souls because these games are fire right now

let's just hope what I've heard is wrong and they're choosing a better multiplat publisher

Edited by Tryhard

Somebody sell me on this series without mentioning the difficulty

dark medieval fantasy rpg with cool designs for armor and bosses and enemies and stuff

pretty cool story that you piece together yourself through item descriptions, weapon descriptions, etc

interesting multiplayer interactions, although the pvp is never, ever balanced in any way (not like that's a big deal, mind you)

you can put your "sign" or "signature" somewhere and someone in your level range can summon you to their game and you can help them clear levels

alternatively, you can invade someone else's game and attempt to kill them and their summons

it's really fun if you, like me, enjoying roleplaying and pimping out your character and stuff

I'd also mention the challenge, but you said not to do that so I won't

I will say this, however: The difficulty is really overhyped. The game is challenging, but nowhere near as brutal as it is advertised. That's all Bamco's doing.

Edited by Esme