Well this sucks!

Jedi

So I had a USB for my Wii U games, it decided to go faulty on me.

There gooes all my save data, Smash 4, Monster Hunter 3U, Mario 3D World, Bayonetta 1/2, Mario Maker, Sonic Lost World, etc etc.

Thems the breaks I guess...

Never skip backup day. I'd try plugging it into a PC like what Taco said. Gives you an excuse to enjoy all those great games again right?

Edited by Knight

Hmmm. Yeah it could be totally done. Might be worth it to try and run a diagnostic tool (there are separate ones for flash drives and HDD/SSDs out there). But yeah I guess it does give an excuse to go back and replay everything.

yeah that does bite. well replays would have been gone anyway due to the update but losing trophies and character unlocks sucks hard. at least the DLC is tied to the account so you still have those.

EDIT: by the way if it is on a USB hard drive it could be the usb cable (and not the drive itself) as those tend to go out rather easily.

Edited by LordTaco42

Thanks, I'm a bit more over it now, its just the STARTING SALT was so strong, I'm also not looking forward to regetting my gear on Monster Hunter 3U and getting all my Flag clears in 3D World and such...

Good thing I like my games lol.

If you want to get all the character stamps in Super Mario 3D World without using friends or playing each course 5 times, take the following steps:

1. Grab 3 extra Wii remotes.

2. Play a course.

3. Once you reach the flagpole, turn on all 3 Wii remotes and have 3 more characters "join in".

4. With one character, pick up another and jump into the flagpole. Immediately repeat this with the remaining characters.

5. You have cleared the course with 4 characters playing alone.