Best Difficulty for Master Revelations File?

22 members have voted

1. 1. Best Difficulty for my Min-Maxing Revelations File?

• Hard Classic for Stat Resetting
    • Lunatic Classic for bragging aesthetics and in game fun

To be honest, I would actually recommend playing Revelation on Casual. Why? Battle Saves. I'm only on Chapter 13, but every Revelation Map I have played so far has been at least as long as 2 Birthright/Conquest Maps. It's not really that they have been particularly hard, but man, it can be frustrating if you screw up right at the end of an hour long chapter.

For my master file, I personally plan on doing Lunatic/Casual since beating Lunatic is bragging rights in its own (Even though from what I know Lunatic is significantly easier then FEA for Rev).

Lunatic Casual in case you plan to grind and don't want the headache of having to soft reset. Also, there's no benefit for clearing the game on Classic mode aside from bragging rights.

I plan on beating Lunatic and then going Hard (or Normal) Classic for my final file. The only thing that Lunatic gives you is the shiny gold emblem so it's not worth the constant HP halving staves and rescues during scout maps to keep in my opinion. Especially since I'm trying to max my whole pvp team out.

Lunatic Classic for the final main file because I like the shiny badge. Also, in theory, Lunatic skirmishes are probably better for pure endgame teams than Hard skirmishes, in case one wants some PvE replayablity.

Also, one can always technically cheese Lunatic mode with DLC and the Avatar Log if you want to speedrun through just to get to the endgame PvP and skirmish stuff. However, I have not played Revelations, so I don't know how difficult it is.

Just gonna throw this out there, but the maps in Revelation are rather long and many of them are frankly quite boring as a result. A higher difficulty means an increased risk of having to reset or accepting a casualty in the middle of a long chapter, which can get annoying.

Just gonna throw this out there, but the maps in Revelation are rather long and many of them are frankly quite boring as a result. A higher difficulty means an increased risk of having to reset or accepting a casualty in the middle of a long chapter, which can get annoying.

To piggy back/further explain my Casual Mode recommendation, Chapter 9 is a great indication of the typical length of a Revelation Map. If that element of danger in having to restart an hour long map is appealing to you, by all means go Classic. However, if it terrifies you, Casual's Battle Saves are a great way to mitigate this. Heck, if you want to limit your usage of them, you could go the DS Emblem Route and only use 2 Saves at specific points per Chapter.

I generally play Rev now on Lunatic/Casual since the chapters are long and sometimes arduous, but if you're confident I say by all means go Lunatic/Classic. I've never played Normal but Hard was pretty easy - I even forgot I was playing on Hard for most of the lategame, and I'm not even that great at FE. You can always go Lunatic/Classic then turn it down to hard if you're having trouble, but once you get through the prologue section it's pretty smooth sailing IMO.