AIG

Cynthia

how can you even spend that much on ONE vacation?

Spa treatment alone totaled $23,000.

Also yes I consider the well-being of EVERYONE more important than me living more pleasurably than I already am. If I were rich, I would devote a lot of my money to helping people, and not pleasing myself.

There is this old song with the line, 'The rich get richer and the poor get children'. I think that goes with this situation. *sigh* It's unfortunate that it happened... But it always will happen...

C|O|R|R|U|P|T|I|O|N

Rich people's anti-drug

There is this old song with the line, 'The rich get richer and the poor get children'. I think that goes with this situation. *sigh* It's unfortunate that it happened... But it always will happen...

C|O|R|R|U|P|T|I|O|N

Rich people's anti-drug

I'm aware, and it is quite sad.

Not to change the subject, but do you believe that economies will rise and fall by themselves or do you believe that governments need to step in sometimes?

alittle of both, it is not as bad as some people think it is, the government just wants more money

Not to change the subject, but do you believe that economies will rise and fall by themselves or do you believe that governments need to step in sometimes?

It does rise and fall bu itself but! it could be manipulated for good or bad stupid

damn thewait at the brawl tourney, its takeing too long for me to play :P

Edited by Doom103

Well for those who hadn't heard, a 65 billion dollar bail out was given to the company AIG, and after the bail out, the first thing they did was take a $440,000 vacation. What do you think about this?

You . . .got to be fuckin' kidding.

So, one of the companies in this whole mess who fuckin' got America in this money problem decided to use the money to take a fuckin' vacation? Fuckin' greedy white collar mother fuckers!

The richer you are, the more greedier you get.

The problem with the economy is two-fold.

1.) Banks, being morons, thought it was a good money-making decision to give loans to those who they KNEW couldn't pay back the loans, thus accumulating intrest and making tons of money when they pay them back.

It didn't happen. The only thing that happened was that they had a bunch of bad loans and they lost oodles of money.

2.) Because the banks were failing, investers stopped investing, causing an even larger shortage of money. No investments = No money. This part is just a matter of perspective. By buying the bad loans, the government wished to make consumers THINK that everything was OK. They'd invest more and then thinks would turn out better. But as you can see, it didn't work.

So, yeah, I think the banks are idiots and should be punished.

the first one, the government, or the fed can try to control the market, but the market will work on it's own and correct itself even if it means ressecion(sp?)

The problem is when it rise, the richer is the one can have benefit but when it fall, it's us who take the result. So no matter what, goverments have to do something. Okay, I am not living in America but my country have a same problem too. The fee of buying FLOWERS to give to the guest of my district is enough to build 4 school.

Edited by soluuloi