Good skills for a Dark Falcon to have?

Kativera

New to playing Magic classes in Fire Emblem games and was wondering what skills would be worth it to get for a Dark Falcon. I don't plan to pair-up so I'll be keeping Galeforce. Was thinking Tomefaire would be okay as well, but I'm not all too sure. I have access to pretty much every available skill in my Unit Logbook

I need some serious help here.

Luna, Rend Heaven, or Ignis (once next week's DLC is out and if your Dark Falcon unit is male) can serve as your attack proc. Death Blow can be wonderful to have for taking out or finishing off a unit in a single round so you can proc Galeforce. Lifetaker can work for recovery especially if you've been activating Galeforce. Movement +1 or Pass can help increase the mobility, especially if you get Galeforce to activate. Once the DLC comes out for it (which is most likely going to be a long while) Magictaker can cause a snowball effect, making it easier for you to activate Galeforce should you keep scoring kills during player phase.

Luna, Rend Heaven, or Ignis (once next week's DLC is out and if your Dark Falcon unit is male) can serve as your attack proc. Death Blow can be wonderful to have for taking out or finishing off a unit in a single round so you can proc Galeforce. Lifetaker can work for recovery especially if you've been activating Galeforce. Movement +1 or Pass can help increase the mobility, especially if you get Galeforce to activate. Once the DLC comes out for it (which is most likely going to be a long while) Magictaker can cause a snowball effect, making it easier for you to activate Galeforce should you keep scoring kills during player phase.

Is Vengeance not any good? I picked up Luna.

Pass is definitely up there, because it lets you ignore being blocked by people and slip into a favorable position, potentially away from your allies if you must, since Galeforce won't activate if you initiate attack stance at all.

Bowbreaker isn't actually as necessary as you'd think because Tomes have WTA against Bows, it's almost overkill in some cases. Still good to have for safety's sake though.

Lifetaker compliments Gale excellently because you can get 100% HP back if you kill two foes in one turn, and will often leave you fully healed for your next move.

Tomefaire could help, but I'd actually recommend Aggressor instead, since you're probably going to mostly be attacking on Player Phase. If you want some really crazy damage and would rather try to one-shot people, go Aggressor Tomefaire Life and Death for a devastating +22 damage on top of your current damage. Just be wary of the +10 you'll be receiving in return.

Is Vengeance not any good? I picked up Luna.

Vengeance can be good, but it's better when you're unit has high HP so it would be better for if you were reclassing from a physical unit (which means lower magic). It is undeniably useful for some, and useless for others. I'd personally avoid it, especially if you're putting on Lifetaker.

The DLC won't be out for a few weeks, but Warp maybe? Galeforce might lead you to accidentally sending your DF too far out, so it would be a good emergency escape ability. Lifetaker would make this less of an issue, as you'd have self-recovery.

Once the DLC comes out for it (which is most likely going to be a long while) Magictaker can cause a snowball effect, making it easier for you to activate Galeforce should you keep scoring kills during player phase.

I have no idea what class you get Magictaker from, but yes that could be quite useful.

IIRC a boss on Conquest had an Iote's Shield type skill, so if there is DLC for that eventually it might be better than Bowbreaker (but it'll be a while before it's obtainable, if ever).

I have no idea what class you get Magictaker from, but yes that could be quite useful.

It's from a skill manual item. Only Speedtaker and Strengthtaker can be learned from certain DLC classes.

For my theoretical Dark Falcon build...

Aggressor, Tomefaire, Vantage, Awakening, Galeforce

Galeforce is the main component of the build, so there will be no pair-up for this unit.

Aggressor complements Galeforce for additional DPS on the offensive.

Tomefaire is a safe DPS increase as a Dark Falcon should be using Tomes.

I personally prefer Awakening to Death Blow, as Awakening gives superior bonuses at the cost of being half health or less. If you want to play it more safe, you can use Death Blow instead for the extra crit chance when attacking.

Currently, I have Vantage as a defense mechanism because I am running Awakening, but I may swap out Vantage for Magictaker when it comes out, for more DPS.

For my theoretical Dark Falcon build...

Aggressor, Tomefaire, Vantage, Awakening, Galeforce

Galeforce is the main component of the build, so there will be no pair-up for this unit.

Aggressor complements Galeforce for additional DPS on the offensive.

Tomefaire is a safe DPS increase as a Dark Falcon should be using Tomes.

I personally prefer Awakening to Death Blow, as Awakening gives superior bonuses at the cost of being half health or less. If you want to play it more safe, you can use Death Blow instead for the extra crit chance when attacking.

Currently, I have Vantage as a defense mechanism because I am running Awakening, but I may swap out Vantage for Magictaker when it comes out, for more DPS.

The biggest problem I find with that build is that you're using 3 DLC/exclusive class brands that are limited in use per run.

@ Karis

Yeah, it is more of a DLC based build. However...

Dread Fighter and Dark Falcon seals are can be farmed right now with the Royal Rumble DLC. Otherwise, yes, they are limited if one is using the seal from purchasing all three paths.

So as of present, the only real limitation is the Great Lord seal for Awakening, which also restricts the build to a female-only character. This is not much of a problem for me as my Dark Falcon is meant to be an Avatar Einherjar unit, so she will not really affect my main file. However, I can understand this limitation for others as Great Lord seals can not be farmed until a much later date.

@ Karis

Yeah, it is more of a DLC based build. However...

Dread Fighter and Dark Falcon seals are can be farmed right now with the Royal Rumble DLC. Otherwise, yes, they are limited if one is using the seal from purchasing all three paths.

So as of present, the only real limitation is the Great Lord seal for Awakening, which also restricts the build to a female-only character. This is not much of a problem for me as my Dark Falcon is meant to be an Avatar Einherjar unit, so she will not really affect my main file. However, I can understand this limitation for others as Great Lord seals can not be farmed until a much later date.

Well, if you can get the Royal Rumble down every time, then yes you could. Though it's tough to do. You're probably better off with Death Blow then in the case of not wasting the Great Lord seal.