Starting Revelations

Advice for Revelations?  

17 members have voted

1. 1. Which boon/ bane?

• +Strength, -Defense
    • +Strength, -Luck
    • +Strength, -Magic
    • +Strength, - HP

I'm finally starting Revelations--yay! I just need a Boon and Bane and a talent subclass. I will be marrying Azura so Shigure and Kana can be Hoshido and Nohr Nobles respectively. I plan to buy skills and grind after beating the game.

I was considering going General so I can reclass Azura and feed her strength and defense procs. For my 12 to 13 units, I was thinking of doing:

Azura X Corrin

Ryoma X Camilla

Xander X Charlotte

Leo X Sakura

Takumi X Oboro

Elise X Odin

Selena X Laslow

I want to use as many dragon vein users as possible but would love to fit in the Awakening trio, too. I eventually plan to max everybody's stats via grinding and skill buying. Good pairing ideas? Other thoughts? I don't want to start until I know what I'm doing!

Depends. Strength + Luck - is what I went for with a samurai as my secondary class. The Luck bane can be overcome as you can get some goddess icons early on. If you are going general pick Strength+ and Magic-. You won't need magic as a general. It might be wise to spend some time as a dread fighter if you can. You'll get skills which will help you mitigate magic damage and clarity. Clarity will help you recover from stat debuffs faster making you a better tank.

Edited by Shadow Knight

Depends. Strength + Luck - is what I went for with a samurai as my secondary class. The Luck bane can be overcome as you can get some goddess icons early on. If you are going general pick Strength+ and Magic-. You won't need magic as a general. It might be wise to spend some time as a dread fighter if you can. You'll get skills which will help you mitigate magic damage and clarity. Clarity will help you recover from stat debuffs faster making you a better tank.

If Kana is to be a Nohr Noble, she won't want a magic bane. Are there any other good classes for patching up Azura's Hp and defense? Wyvern Lord? Any DLC class suggestions for her? I want to min max EVERYBODY!

If Kana is to be a Nohr Noble, she won't want a magic bane. Are there any other good classes for patching up Azura's Hp and defense? Wyvern Lord? Any DLC class suggestions for her? I want to min max EVERYBODY!

Try Cavalier as a side class and make her either a balanced paladin or Great Knight and go +Strength -Luck. That should do the trick

Edited by Shadow Knight

Try Cavalier as a side class and make her either a balanced paladin or Great Knight. That should do the trick

Also, is -Def okay considering I will get a statue to remedy it? I hate how Luck as a bane cuts your offenses by one point each!

And Corrin is the only way to get those defense positive classes on Azura, right? since your little sisters are frail as shit and Azura can't support with Camilla....

Edited by Lucina's Husband

Also, is -Def okay considering I will get a statue to remedy it? I hate how Luck as a bane cuts your offenses by one point each!

And Corrin is the only way to get those defense positive classes on Azura, right? since your little sisters are frail as shit and Azura can't support with Camilla....

Nah, it will hurt your chances at upgrading your defense. Defense is big in the late game, especially when you start facing generals with the weary fighter skill which prevent them from being doubled. The Strength boon will guarantee that you'll be fine on damage and Cavalier will also help with speed growths so you won't be doubled.

Nah, it will hurt your chances at upgrading your defense. Defense is big in the late game, especially when you start facing generals with the weary fighter skill which prevent them from being doubled. The Strength boon will guarantee that you'll be fine on damage and Cavalier will also help with speed growths so you won't be doubled.

Doesn't the Strength boon offset the bane a bit? I just don't want to gimp my offense at all lol! But that was only the norm in Awakening!

Doesn't the Strength boon offset the bane a bit? I just don't want to gimp my offense at all lol! But that was only the norm in Awakening!

Lol, trust me with a strength boon you won't have to worry about banging heads. LEt me put it this way. On hard classic on both paths I ran a Samurai with a maxed strength of 34/35, a defense of 32, and a luck of 23 and I was able to solo the last 5 maps. The endgame I was able to solo the final levels paired with Xander and Caledori for their respective versions. And I never used a single eternal seal. Hard classic Revelations I'm on chapter 23 and no enemy can touch me right now. Besides there are other ways to boost stats. Yato will give you a boost, Katanas will boost your speed, etc. Though stat wise I'd say that the Dread Fighter is a high tier class. It has other skills that help such as clarity and Aggressor. If you're worried about damage grab the counter skills as well, it's like having an extra attack.

And forging will increase the might, critical chance, and hit percentage which will also increase damage.