Does anyone know of an optimal pairings list for Revalation that will give the strongest children?

Noctias

As usual. . .

Define "strongest". The team I'm planning is full of gimmicks that the AI will never utilize correctly.

Next, what roles do you want filled? For example, Shiro makes a nice wall that hits back, but he really hates mages.

I can give you a rough list of my characters, but it really helps if you at least name some favorites because some characters are better else where etc etc :P

I can say right now that Elise!Ophelia, Sakura!Saizo(If you want a Magical Butler Asugi), Nyx!Rhajat(Or Sakura, Or Orochi), Effie!Veloruia(Or Camilla I prefer Camilla) are like you go tos.

As usual. . .

Define "strongest". The team I'm planning is full of gimmicks that the AI will never utilize correctly.

Next, what roles do you want filled? For example, Shiro makes a nice wall that hits back, but he really hates mages.

I'm curious, how many variations of teams do people usually use? I usually see people have a pretty balanced team but I'm interested in making an aggressive team to kill them before they kill me.

I'm only gonna speak for myself. Assuming I get everything off, my team will have the following gimmicks:

Shiro - With four Seals and a ton of bulk, he's meant to debuff and dish out physical damage.

Hisame - He's One Punch Man. If my math is right, I should be able to get him to 100% Rend Heaven.

Sophie - She's got Tomebreaker and Swordfaire, which turns her into the perfect support for Hisame. She's also necessary for the Rend Heaven proc.

Midori - Spendthrift + Life or Death + Tomefaire = a mage that does 25 extra damage per hit.

Everyone else will have some role to play, but these are the four that absolutely need to be amazing.

Strongest in terms of the team being well rounded.

A strong hitter, magic user, someone who can get crits, someone who can tank both physical and magic damage, healers, long ranged unit.

I'm sorry if this is such a vague question haha. I am just paranoid about having the strongest everything that I want my team to be pretty good.

Also, I heard that you can buy skills from others? How do you go about doing that? I think that this would save some time grinding for some good skills.

Let's start with skill purchasing first. First, the only skills you can buy are on the other person's Streetpass team. From those people on the Streetpass team, you can select one skill on someone, and take it. On one battle, I saw a Subaki with Astra. I have Subaki, so once I won, I was able to select Astra as a purchase. You can ONLY buy skills from another person if you beat their team in their castle with no handicap, so be warned!

Now, for what you mentioned. . .

Strong hitter - Physical guy paired with Charlotte/Effie/maybe Kagero (you'll need to do some grinding with her, and she's got a terrible Speed modifier)

Crit master - Arthur technically does it best (and riskiest), but for a second-gen option, try +Skl/-Def Corrin!Percy, and take Oni Savage as a talent.

Tank - Ignatius is your dude. With Beruka as his mom, and Wary Fighter in his arsenal. Just watch out for Armorslayers.

Healer - Shigure makes a pretty good close-range healer, as long as Azura has a magical husband (marry Leo; Shigure can get Bowbreaker, which gives him the option to be a flying staffbot). Forrest can work, though his passive isn't quite as good as Shigure's for healing.

Long range - Uhhh. . .that's the Spy weapons, right? Kiragi makes a pretty good archer, and Asugi makes a decent ninja (do something else with Midori).

Dwyer - This is where he shines! He's better off going physical. As for his mom. . .anyone with a non-negative Strength and Speed modifier will do.

Strong Hitters: Shiro, Velouria(I think this is the best child in the game tbh), Siegbert, Kana can be a heavy hitter with Velouria as the mother
Tank: Ignatius and Percy are some nice tanks. Velouria can also fit this role with her base class if you choose to leave her in that. I know some people have used her as a Berserker as well.
Healer: I like using Asugi as a Butler healer having Sakura or Orochi as the mom you can also get Replicate that's neat, Forrest, Nina(With a Magic MOther) are good as well. Shigure is also pretty solid and can be used for flying and rallying and such.
Long Range: Hmm I've never put thought into this tbh,
Crit Master: OPHELIA OPHELIA OPHELIA. This woman... have you seen her personal skill? Really great magic user I would put her in Dark Flier immediately really neat class for her.
Magic User: Ophelia and Rhajat are both really strong Magic users.

The best Shinonome I ever made had Mozume as a mother. I made Ryouma get A+ support with Xander so he got Aegis, and Mozume got A+ with Effie so she could get Aegis. I passed those onto Shinonome, and then gave him Astra, Quixotic and Lancefaire.

Definitely not the objectively best, but if you're into trying things out, I can recommend that. It was hilarious to use.

And if you want a more serious answer, you should probably look at Eclipse's suggestions. However, my go-to answers for ridiculously powerful kids are Elise!Ophelia and Effie!Velour for pure magic and strength respectively.