Best Bane for Strength Min-Maxing?

13 members have voted

1. 1. Best Bane for +Strength Male Corrin and Min-Maxing?

• +Strength, - Defense
    • +Strength, - HP
    • + Strength, - Luck

I'm still trying to choose a bane for my male Corrin, who will be marrying Azura for Revelations Lunatic.... I want the Best Boon/Bane for use on the Final Map, PVP, and Postgame stuff/DLC.

Azura and Corrin's children, Shigure and Kana, will be a Hoshido Noble and a Nohr Noble, respectively. Since Kana will have access to magic weapons and Shigure to Staves, I did not want to go -Magic.

Please note that while I am doing Lunatic, I am more than happy to grind and eternal seal to get my characters up to max stats.

I have seen many advocates for -Luck and some advocates for - Defense. I know -Luck is nice because it doesn't effect the defenses too badly, but I also know that it cuts your final offensive mods by one each. It also gives your Corrin a +Luck statue, which will be largely useless to your characters.

Those who argue -Defense state that a Strength Boon compensates a great deal for a Defense bane to the point that it will feel largely irrelevant. A +Defense Corrin statue also has the benefit of giving everybody on your team extra defense which is very nice.

Lastly, is -HP, which I don't know I can advocate for in a game of such limited stat procs and low HP Growths, though I do understand that it doesn't gimp your offenses or defenses. While it cuts your offenses by 1 mod point each, its corresponding statue gives +Strength, so you in fact have the same strength as a +Strength, -Def Corrin with extra defense and a Strength statue that will benefit all your other physical characters.

Corrin and Azura Child Mods

+Strength, - Defense
+5 Strength, +1 Magic, +4 Skill, +4 Speed, +0 Luck, -3 Defense, +0 Resistance
+1 Defense Statue for Corrin and all his supports

+Strength, - Luck
+4 Strength, +0 Magic, +4 Skill, + 4 Speed, -2 Luck, +0 Defense, +1 Resistance
+1 Luck Statue for Corrin and all his supports

+Strength, - HP
+4 Strength, +0 Magic, +4 Skill, +4 Speed, +0 Luck, -1 Defense, +0 Resistance
+1 Strength Statue for Corrin and all his supports

I know it's not a huge deal, but I have my Lunatic Branch of Fate ready to go and I want to have my perfect main file. Thoughts? I literally can't start until I decide this....

I just realized you get a shiny, helpful Kana statue, too, for your bane and that the Avatar statue is for your boon, so really the mods are like:

+Strength, - Defense

+6 Strength, +1 Magic, +4 Skill, +4 Speed, +0 Luck, -2 Defense, +0 Resistance

+Strength, - Luck
+5 Strength, +0 Magic, +4 Skill, + 4 Speed, -1 Luck, +0 Defense, +1 Resistance

+Strength, - HP
+6 Strength, +0 Magic, +4 Skill, +4 Speed, +0 Luck, -1 Defense, +0 Resistance

So what it really boils down to is: Do Corrin and friends prefer +1 in Strength or +1 in Defense? And do his children want +6 in Strength and +0 in Magic or +5 in Strength and +1 in Magic!

Edited by Lucina's Husband