Both kinds of stones use the same weapon rank

sirmola

I recently Maried keaton and corin (in a conquest run). When i reclassed Veloura into a nohr noble, and kana into a wolfskin, i found that beaststone and dragonstone share a rank. It appears that the developers coded the 6 standard weapon ranks, plus an "Other" rank, which includes both kinds of stones, as well as breath weapons (as can be seen in chapter 5 and paralog 2). (things like fists, rocks, and saws, are persumbly included as they share the same slot on the character 3d view screen.. However, i have not been able to test this, as doing so would require hacking). This notably makes the beast classes much more viable for kana, as he does not have to gain weapon ranks from scratch.

Yeah, funnily enough, if you change someone with a stone rank into a Mechanist and then click their face to see the little weapon demonstration, you'll actually have a rank in Saws, despite the class not being able to use them.

Yeah, funnily enough, if you change someone with a stone rank into a Mechanist and then click their face to see the little weapon demonstration, you'll actually have a rank in Saws, despite the class not being able to use them.

Gonna check that

Nice observation.

I vaguely noticed this when combing through the code. Anything that's not a regular weapon gets chucked into that "other" category. I'm curious to know how the game decides which subcategory to use though--I assume there's some kind of identifier. The minerals and food resources work in a similar way.

That's funny, but actually makes sense, because all the stones, saw, fist, rock and whatnot give the same weapon rank bonus, and I found that a bit curious. I mean it's not the obvious conclusion to draw from my particular piece of information alone, but given your conjecture all of this finally makes sense :)

Nice observation.

I vaguely noticed this when combing through the code. Anything that's not a regular weapon gets chucked into that "other" category. I'm curious to know how the game decides which subcategory to use though--I assume there's some kind of identifier. The minerals and food resources work in a similar way.

THe game seems to use the dragon stone icon with most standard classes, even if you reclass someone like keaton who has no access to dragon stones. THat plus the mechanist saw thing hints that what icon shows is purly class based. (i suspect that eather mechanists could use saws once, or they share some kind of internal identifier with puppets.)

THe game seems to use the dragon stone icon with most standard classes, even if you reclass someone like keaton who has no access to dragon stones. THat plus the mechanist saw thing hints that what icon shows is purly class based. (i suspect that eather mechanists could use saws once, or they share some kind of internal identifier with puppets.)

Well both Puppets and Mechanists fall under Golembane's effects, so it wouldn't be too surprising if they have the automaton internal identifier.