[FE7] changing chapter info mid-chapter?

swordmaiden

i'm new to hacking FE7 so apologies if this is a dumb question

is there any way (via ASM i would assume) to access/overwrite the chapter data in the middle of a chapter? specifically i'm looking for a way to modify the text displayed for the chapter goal, i.e. corresponding to this information in Nightmare:

7dbe1b12b4.png

i would ideally use this so that i could make Yggdra-style chapters where the objective changes around mid-chapter (i know this would be done with events etc. and the goal window is for aesthetic purposes, but hey i wanna at least try to make the aesthetic correct if i can :P). i would guess that if there's a way to change the chapter goal a similar method could be used to update the rest of the data, i.e. making the tile marker pop up mid-chapter, but i would want to start as basic as possible.

i'm not 100% new to hacking in general, so if this requires ASM (i would assume it would) that's fine as long as there's a good resource i can use to get started with it (again apologies if this is a dumb question)

thanks ~

You'll need to use 2 chapters slots. When it's time for the goal to change, use LOMA in your events and load the chapter with the updated goals.

A word of caution: Once you LOMA and the current scene ends, the game will begin to use the events of the newly loaded chapter. So, if you want all your events in one file/spot, make sure both chapter slots use the same set of events.