What is your "Canon" pairings?

FestiveOverture

I know canon can't really be an exact thing but I love to see what people think and why they paired certain characters together. Not based on optimization or how to get the most out of the children but more about just looks, interactions, and support conversations.

I'm going through FE Fates: Birthright right now and I'm on Chapter 11, I'm just lost on who would go with who. With FE Awakening I had a clear image of who I thought would go great together but with Fates I'm literally lost. Would love to see who you guys paired up together, thanks!

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I usually base my pairings on their first support dialogues; if it sounds meaningful then I proceed to increase its rank to S, if not, then I just drop it and try someone else. So far on my conquest run I've got this:

Effie x Arthur

Benny x Beruka (This one own me over not with words, but with the lack thereof. Really sweet imo.)

Odin x Peri (Didnt quite go how I expected to, but it added a whole new layer of personality to Peri, so it was worth it)

Laslow x Mozu (the Don Juan falling for the village girl, it's almost poetic)

Those are the ones I remember off the top of my head right now.

Disclaimer : I hate charlotte with a fiery, burning passion and I will probably leave her to die alone.

Edited by Spirit in Black

You mean besides the misplaced KageroxOrochi, LeoxTakumi, CamillaxHinoka and RyoumaxScarlet?

XanderxSakura, because it's so sweet and natural, I don't even care about how it messes up Siegbert.

AsamaxEffie, since it is one of the rare occasions of a great Asama support, and it leads to a truly murderous Mitama.

ArthurxSetsuna, because the support is so amusing and yet kind of sweet. I also like Setsuna's hair on Percy.

ZeroxOboro, for maximum irony coupled with surprising sweetness.

I just realized that all of these are Revelation pairings. Guess I am a sucker for international bonding.

Personally:

M!Corrin x Azura (It's so canon it hurts)

Jakob x FloraFelicia (Three way!)

Silas x Hinoka (I only see her with a Nohrian)

Kaze x Peri (I find them adorable)

Ryoma x Scarlet (I'm sorry it's canon)

Takumi x Oboro (Yeah)

Saizo x Beruka (Two assassins, also their C rank)

Kaden x Charlotte (It's where Selkie gets all her blondness from)

Hinata x Hana (I dunno)

Azama x Effie (Yep)

Subaki x Selena (I don't even)

Hayato x Nyx (Two kids who desperately try to act as if they're not)

Xander x Mozu (From village girl to queen of a country)

Leo x Sakura (To instigate peace)

Benny x Rinkah (She would protect him with her abs)

Keaton x Elise (It would just be adorable)

Arthur x Setsuna (Best super hero team ever)

Odin x Kagero and Laslow x Orochi (Two best friend dating two best friends)

Niles x Camilla (Poor Leo. His more then likely secret lover and his sister he has unfamilial love for apparently, hooking up)

But yeah.

EDIT:

Forgot my kid pairings:

Kana x nobody (Nobody is touching my 9 year old)

Shigure x Mitama (Songs and haiku's for days)

Dwyer x Rhajat (The emo is real)

Shiro x nobody (Shiro in my canon world is sadly non-existent. Normally would ship him with Nina though)

Kiragi x Midori (The only one I am comfortable with for both. I worry for the furries if Kiragi marries them)

Asugi x Nina (My favourite child and my second favourite FEA character)

Hisame x Velouria (So serious and so chill combined)

Siegbert x Soleil (Why the fuck not!)

Forrest x Selkie (They would wear the prettiest of clothing together)

Ignatius x Caeldori (I dunno honestly. I just like it (Normally Caeldori would go with Dwyer and Rhajat with Asugi but Shrio is non-existent so...))

Percy x Ophelia (Bets super hero fam ever)

Edited by Azz

So related to the topic above, which mother would be canon for each child (would make the most sense for a mother)?

My example :

Beruka! Midori - Beruka has been exposed to toxins from childhood. Midori is an apothecary (herbalist) and presumably makes antidotes. Also, their growth rates are almost similar.

Benny x Rinkah (She would protect him with her abs)

Mate, I'm pretty sure Rinkah would protect anyone she holds dear! Rinkah's painted on abs for Fire Emblem president 2016.

As for myself, I'm not much of a shipper; some characters have better chemistry together than others, but I rarely fall in love with a pairing itself. That said, I do like it when a relationship feels more...I don't know, established? As in, it's been there before the supports start, since the three-conversations-and-then-marriage formula feels so rushed almost regardless of quality of the writing. As a result, I really like Takumi and Oboro, and prefer Saizou and Kagerou together - I vastly prefer the former pair though, since Kagerou is about as interesting as a dry potato.

Corin x harem ending (More waifu enhances your lifeu)

Ryoma x Xander (Blame Thor)

Takumi's neck x Yato (True ending imo)

Actual ships inc:

Ophelia x Percy (Needs no explanation, too powerful)

Nina x Kana (Non yaoi shipper Nina tones down kana's diabetes to acceptable levels and kana is a legit good influence on her)

Nina x Shiro (Hey look actual dates, Ryoma should take notes from his kid)

Past that actually believable romantic supports in this game are really hard to find and are mostly exclusive to Leo, Arthur, and the awakening kids of all people (imo) Harlot gets a few decent ones but past that the game reaches way too hard and I just go for the purest possible crack pairings.

Marx x Ryoma

Niles x Arthur

Mozu x Ryoma/Takumi/Xander/Leo/Laslow/Saizou/Kaze/Hinata/All the Dudes

Oboro x Benny/Silas

Charlotte x Rinkah/Marx

Benny x Rinkah

Kagerou x Odin/Arthur/Hinata

Hinoka x Silas/Hinata

Setsuna x Hinoka/Takumi/Arthur/Asama/Hinata

Fuga/Shura/Izana x Femorrinmui

Selena x Arthur/Hinata/Laslow/Odin

Jakob/Silas/Corrinmui Threesome

If you will notice, I don't prefer the typical pairings. Yes, all of these are serious.

Edited by SaiSymbolic

BIRTHRIGHT

Azama x Orochi: If you're talking stats, not so good. But if you're talking Supports, I freaking approve. They troll each other and it's funny as heck.

Azura x Kaden: I just love how not aloof Azura is with him. It shows a part of her that we don't see in the story and a lot of the supports. Personally my favourite of Azura's supports by far.

Hayato x Mozu: Gradual development. Kinda sweet.

Kaze x Sakura: I won't spoil it for you, but...this was really cute.

Saizo x Oboro: This was.... This was pure gold. My cheeks hurt from laughing. Worth investing in, seriously.

REVELATIONS

Arthur x Setsuna: Definitely one of my favourite Arthur supports. These two get along really well.

Xander x Sakura | Leo x Sakura: Sakura has a lot of good supports (which I love). I ship her with these two from Nohr. The chemistry is just natural, and the development of the supports is good as well.

--

NEUTRAL

I generally play F!Corrin, sooo yeap >.> Most natural supports for F!Corrin would be Kaze, Jakob and Silas, definitely.

F!Corrin's supports with Takumi is pretty good, though the S-Support is kinda a stretch.

These are just some of the pairings that I really liked. If I were to write all of them, I'd be writing an essay ^^;;

On Birthright I usually pair Takumi x Oboro b/c... it just makes sense.

In Revelations it's the only real time I break the pair to make Takumi x Camilla and Niles x Oboro.

Idk if I'm alone on the two Hosh royal pairings but I typically did Takumi x Camilla and Ryoma x Elise and I haven't looked back.

On Birthright I usually pair Takumi x Oboro b/c... it just makes sense.

In Revelations it's the only real time I break the pair to make Takumi x Camilla and Niles x Oboro.

Idk if I'm alone on the two Hosh royal pairings but I typically did Takumi x Camilla and Ryoma x Elise and I haven't looked back.

I agree with this 100%!

Scarlet is the only wyvern rider for Ryoma!To me, Ryoma and Camilla have little chemistry but I can just imagine Takumi and Camilla now. Oh God, poor Takumi XD.

I agree with this 100%!

Scarlet is the only wyvern rider for Ryoma!To me, Ryoma and Camilla have little chemistry but I can just imagine Takumi and Camilla now. Oh God, poor Takumi XD.

It involves baby talk and feeding him on the lakeside. Romantic.

I would say Scarlet x Ryoma but that ship has been sunk... by IS.

Uhm, and the Nohrian royals are more straightforward. Xander x Hinoka and Leo x Sakura.

Especially the latter. imo it gives Forrest his best hair color.

For my personal canon because I'm trash

Ryoma x Xander || Ryoma x Scarlet || Ryoma x Rinkah because I'm utter trash and can't pick, OT4 it up is fine too

[spoiler=reasons, analysis, etc, kinda long]

I've been Ryoumarx trash since like, the release trailer. I saw these 2 beautiful niichans and I thought, "I don't want to pick either, why don't they get together to save me the trouble of picking? There would be no war, everything would be great, and they can both be the big bro--so I drew this comic that got pretty popular at one point and I was shipping it as a joke at first but then I'm like, oh no, I think I'm serious about this.

Ryoumarx has the relationship potential that I'm really into, though--they're the leaders of their respective armies, strongest of their respective (playable) factions, but looking at their supports it seems that neither of them really has any friends (starting out, Ryoma's retainers are really professional with him and Marx feels more like a dad to his) being so high up and probably intimidating when both are actually pretty nice. While they are pretty vitriolic to each other as enemies on different sides of the battle (and nohr 18 is hilarious and full of UST), as allies they actually have a lot of things in common and can help each other with the similarities in their experiences in being the leader, and as people they are more or less different sides of the same coin. I like ships that have a sense of equality, and partners being able to really challenge each other, and Ryoumarx does that really well. Their support's not the direct, in your face UST that Nohr 18 was, but I think it speaks so much more about their characters and relationship.

Ryoma/Scarlet is just, beautiful in-story chemistry marred by the lack of supports, but as if that's going to stop me. Scarlet's more playful nature makes a good contrast to Ryoma's...oblivious? (how do I english here) but anyway Ryoma's a total dweeb and I love him and I love that Scarlet's able to actually really throw Ryoma off his I'm the Niichan-dad and pillar of Hoshido face he puts on and, like I said in the Ryoumarx synopsis, it shows a relationship where Ryoma can be challenged--which is up my alley. The emotion Ryoma shows to certain plot happening just drove it home for me and I'm forever bitter that it can't happen in game. That's what naming your Corn Scarlet is for, right?

Ryoma/Rinkah was something I liked the idea of pre-release, since designwise they're my favorite M/F, and I wanted to see if they're good together. Turns out they are. Especially considering both Ryoumarx and RyoScarlet lacked an S option (Ryoumarx A+s at least, but RyoScarlet doesn't even give me a C :x), who will be Ryoma's ingame waifu? I liked that Rinkah was able to open up to Ryoma of her own accord--didn't get pestered into opening up like some of her other supports--Ryoma initially approached her for the sake of their alliance (and of course he talks about fighting styles first, that pair of fightsexuals wwwwww) and Rinkah ends up opening up to him about her hangups over Chapter 2--something she only otherwise does in Corn support (who did save her) and barely mentioned in her Kaze support (disappointing, they were in that situation together), and he helps her out with that problem. Rinkah comes out a more calm and in control warrior and Ryoma gets to lowkey tease a little. It's cute. Notably, Rinkah also speaks to Ryoma as an equal--completely lacking honorifics in the JP, no Ryoma-sama or anything, didn't put him on a pedestal. Politically, this would also be beneficial, as it'd secure a more permanent alliance to the Fire tribe. Rinkah's various scattered my castle lines also note her to study battle tactics and is actually a fairly well-rounded individual despite being a pretty big fightsexual, which is a nice contrast to the usual fighter lady characterizations. I think this would be a pair that both partners can improve themselves in, and get along well in terms of personality, and also be good for Hoshido.

So in the end I'm more passionate about any of these 3 pairs than any other pair. Probably because they all involve Ryoma, but also because I thought a lot harder about their dynamics than anything else.

Pairs that don't involve Ryoma that I like a lot:

Takumi/Oboro || Takumi/Leon---I think Takuobo has actually edged out TakuLeo but I still really like TakuLeo

Saizo/Kagero/Orochi 3 way---I like Saizo/Kagero, I like Saizo/Orochi, I like Kagero/Orochi, let's put it all together, by the way they all can get replicate B)

Camilla/Niles

Laslow/Luna

Leo/Niles

Leo/Sakura || Tsubaki/Sakura

Otherwise I'm pretty flexible. I used to like Marx/Char a lot but the English doesn't do it for me nearly as much as the Japanese and I'm not as passionate about that pair as much as Ryoma/Rinkah to start with regardless of what nitpicks I have about some choices in the supports (small things, please don't think I'm insinuating they ruined those supports because they didn't it's just a few personal preference things I have) and I've been moving more towards mainshipping Marxoka, but I also really like the idea of Ryoumarx RinkahCharlotte OT4 because I'm total trash and Hinoka's both 1) Ryoma's sister and 2) can't support Rinkah so I'm really torn

and the arrangement for the rest of my ships depend on if I do MarxChar or Marxoka

but also my Ryouma shipping trinity has become such a problem that every time I want to marry Rinkah (and I do a lot because I want to test builds on her like, she can't get Wyvern from anyone else but corn) I have a hard time picking a gf for Ryouma and this would be less of a problem if Shiro wasn't my favorite kid

oh yeah, Shirosieg gen2 all the way

...which i guess pushes the balance back to MarxChar because Shirosieg would be awk if they're cousins :B

Edited by Thor Odinson

Is Camilla and Takumi a popular pairing? Whenever I see someone being overly doting I just nope away to Nopetown; I can't stand it.

I have seen me and one other person do it, so I assume not.

Idk, I love this pairing though. It's one of two pairings I'll do with Takumi aside from the already mentioned Takumi x Oboro.

that and lavender haired kiragi

Lately I've been thinking a lot about Setsuna/Subaki family for some reason aha

Scarlet/Ryoma, but that isn't plausible so now I've got a headcanon thanks to a tumblr blog that Scarlet sticks around as Shiro's cool aunt. this doesn't satisfy much for me though

takumi/oboro or takumi/orochi, the latter has a weird s support but I can't let go of it why

Nohr-wise, Beruka/Odin and Laslow/Selena because I like how Beruka & Selena are subordinates and I like Selena teasing both Odin and Beruka about mutual crushes sorrryyyy

I'll shut up now before I keep rambling on and on and on

My "canon" pairings end up being the people I tend to pair all the time (usually for good or good-looking kids).

But minus that, I thought these stood out to me.

Leo x Sakura - I just thought they were cute together. I try to imagine a more romantic, sweet relationship outside their supports.

Hinoka x Silas - I prefer Silas with Corrin but I thought their last support was really cute. Not a fan of blazing red hair on Sophie though.

Kaden x Azura - They must cuddle a lot. Kitsune Shigure pleases me.

Ryouma x Kagerou - I think they suit each other even if their supports weren't the most interesting.

Odin x Elise - Odin's weird but Elise is so open, I thought they'd be cute together.

Hinata x Oboro - Although their supports were about Takumi, I think they'd suit each other too once Oboro gives up on Takumi someday.

Niles x Setsuna - This is a new one for me. Although odd, I kinda liked them together. I thought it was more pleasant than Niles x Oboro anyway.

Is Camilla and Takumi a popular pairing? Whenever I see someone being overly doting I just nope away to Nopetown; I can't stand it.

I paired them up because I was pleased to see Takumi's discomfort. lol. I also wanted two other royals to S-Rank in Revelations besides Leo x Sakura.

Edited by Takeru

I have seen me and one other person do it, so I assume not.

Idk, I love this pairing though. It's one of two pairings I'll do with Takumi aside from the already mentioned Takumi x Oboro.

that and lavender haired kiragi

Ah, I see. I don't know, it's just a pet peeve of mine; I get incredibly uncomfortable when characters (or even people in *gasp* the real world) are overly doting. It's one of the reasons why I can't stand Camilla as a character at all, although of course it's not the only reason.

Ah, I see. I don't know, it's just a pet peeve of mine; I get incredibly uncomfortable when characters (or even people in *gasp* the real world) are overly doting. It's one of the reasons why I can't stand Camilla as a character at all, although of course it's not the only reason.

stop kinkshaming me thane gosh

Honestly the support doesn't really get coddlish until around A rank if I remember right. Up until them it's more like Takumi saying he doesn't entirely trust Camilla and her reaction is along the lines of "oh." I think the S support barely has any, so that helps.

Same really but in this case it kinda makes sense.

Takumi is a brat who needs constant affection and positive reinforcement while Camilia needs a sink for her overabundant tits nourishing nature. I mean they're just reinforcing each others worst traits in a super dependent manner but it's logical.

I tend to pair cammy with someone who mellows her out though.

Edited by joshcja