Idea for FE15: In-Laws

Rezzy

For FE 15, instead of child units, I was thinking that we could have parent units. Like now, units can get up to S rank, but now instead of having a kid and straining credibility by having the kid be the same age as their parents, we have the units introduce their significant other to their family. Then we get a parent, sibling, cousin to join the army, since they're here for the wedding anyway.

Maybe it's silly, but as much as I love making children units, I've had enough of the timey-wimy stuff.

It does sound a little far-fetched, though not really a bad idea. But just imagine, your grandmama joining your army and taking up the frontlines..

Form a new version of Hell's grannies.

I like the sound of recruiting in-laws, I think that it'd change things up a bit and would not need bullshit explanations for why your kids have suddenly aged around fifteen years in an implausible amount of time. I especially enjoy the implications of potentially marrying two people in positions of power and securing in-laws like a political alliance might do.

I feel like this topic should belong in the General Fire Emblem section instead of here imo.

But anyways, I would agree that the children features is unnecessary for the future FE installment. I mean it was nice for a while that Awakening reintroduced it since FE4.

Edited by Formerly Colm

I feel like this topic should belong in the General Fire Emblem section instead of here imo.

But anyways, I would agree that the children features is unnecessary for the future FE installment. I mean it was nice for a while that Awakening reintroduced it since FE4.

If a mod would like to move it there, they could. I was just thinking on the shoehorned nature the kids have in Fates.

I also wouldn't mind a true generational split like FE4, but I doubt they'd have the guts to pull that.