Skills on Prisoner Units

Roflolxp54

Sorry if this is a really dumb question, but how do you capture enemy units?

I know you need Orochi and/or Niles iirc, but how does it work? I've used Orochi to beat-up what should have been a capturable enemy in Museum Melee, and yet no capture command ever appears.

And yes, I have a Lv2 Prison in my castle, that's unfortunately just sitting empty, with a very board guard just twiddling their thumbs. ;)

Sorry if this is a really dumb question, but how do you capture enemy units?

I know you need Orochi and/or Niles iirc, but how does it work? I've used Orochi to beat-up what should have been a capturable enemy in Museum Melee, and yet no capture command ever appears.

And yes, I have a Lv2 Prison in my castle, that's unfortunately just sitting empty, with a very board guard just twiddling their thumbs. ;)

In the Museum Melee map, the only units that can be captured are Visitors who are seen as enemy bosses in the children's paralogues. All paralogue bosses along with Omozu from Ch. 3 (and can't be captured at all) show up on the map though it's random on which bosses show up (since not all of them will appear on a single run).

The capture-capable bosses have the unique portraits I take it? Because I'm positive that I had Orochi lined up to kill off a unique boss, and no command appeared?

Do they retain their proper name in Museum Melee, or are they initially just called 'Visitor'?

Thanks for the help!

The capture-capable bosses have the unique portraits I take it? Because I'm positive that I had Orochi lined up to kill off a unique boss, and no command appeared?

Do they retain their proper name in Museum Melee, or are they initially just called 'Visitor'?

Thanks for the help!

Yes, they do have unique portraits (only Omozu the Master Ninja cannot be captured). And yes, they're initially called "Visitor" (their actual names will show up when captured).

Hmmmm... I coulda sworn that I had Orochi kill a weakened unit that had a unique portrait, and no command showed up?

How/when exactly does the Capture command work/appear?

And do I have to do the various Paralogs first before I can capture those units in the Museum Melee DLC? (I haven't been working on any final S pairings until I recruit everyone, and I've still about 5-6 chapters worth of story to go before I get every 1st gen character)

Sorry for all these beginner questions, and thanks for the help!

Cheers!

Hmm... when I got all capturable bosses from Museum Melee, I have yet to do a single child paralogue on the save file (on Revelation Ch. 18, nobody is S-ranked as it's a support grinding file). My Einherjar Orochi and Niles are both able to have the Capture command as long as the boss is capturable and in attack range (Capture should be under Attack).