Nohr Pairings (Grinding the Children)

These are the pairings I have decided for my Nohr playthrough with grinding as needed for some of the children.... Avatar boon and bane are +Magic, -Strength or Defense.

Thoughts on these? How might they be improved? I also need help deciding which children to pair with each other.... and their classes.

Corrin X Azura!Nina

Azura X Niles

Xander X Charlotte

Odin X Elise

Leo X Felicia

Beruka X Benny

Arthur X Effie

Silas X Selena

Laslow X Peri

Kaze X Mozu

Jakob X Nyx

Keaton X Camilla

Child Pairings

Shigure X Kana

Forrest X Ophelia

Percy X Midori

Siegfried X Soleil

Ignatius X Sophie

Dwyer X Velouria

Niles x Nyx

Jakob x Selena

Silas x Peri

Lazlow x Azura

My recommendations. Silas and Jakob make do with the "leftover" moms just fine. Soleil (Lazlow's daughter) doesn't mind the glass canon genes that Azura may pass down. Nyx!Nina makes a superb Shining Bow user.

Not to be rude, but why do people keep giving Nyx to Jakob? I don't get it, his genes are more physical based and he doesn't give STR and MAG like Saizo..

Maybe because Dwyer starts in a magic-based class? I don't know. It's like the opposite of Lissa-Owain where the parent gives the opposite mods of which the class the child starts in. Lissa was a cleric but Owain was a swordsman. In the same vein, maybe people think that, by giving Jakob Nyx, they might get a hybrid Dwyer.

Edited by SaiSymbolic

Maybe because Dwyer starts in a magic-based class? I don't know. It's like the opposite of Lissa-Owain where the parent gives the opposite mods of which the class the child starts in. Lissa was a cleric but Owain was a swordsman. In the same vein, maybe people think that, by giving Jakob Nyx, they might get a hybrid Dwyer.

True. Dwyer is one of those kids that starts in a not-so-useful class for his growths. I mean, Nyx "fixes" em but she could benefit someone else way more in my onion. This same principle can apply to Mitama (Azama's daughter) to a certain extent.

I really want to stick to AzuraNina though because of the high speed tier she nets! NyxNina will reduce my Kana's skill by 3.

I also just really like Azura wih Niles, though I suppose NyxNina doesn't care about skill for herself because of her shining bow!

I am willing to shuffle around the other pairings but probably not that one. Azura's hair also looks amazing on Nina lol!

Edited by Lucina's Husband

Dwyer problem when i look into its mostly comes into play when you tried to give him a Shuriken class

Theres only Ninja and its relatives. I don't even know how you can give NInja to Dwyer

That being said i think Dread FIghter Dwyer would be solid, but Dread Fighter is broken anyway

OK then, here's some adjustments:

Leo x Nyx

Jakob x Felicia

Niles x Azura

Silas x Selena

Lazlow x Peri

Felicia is the "worst" (by a small margin) of the +MAG mothers. So, you'd may as well make Forrest the best he can be and make Dwyer get sub-par modifiers. After all, this is Conquest so to be honest, optimization doesn't really matter but I'll give advice when someone asks. You can go through the whole game without children and you're at a rather large disadvantage versus the other versions of Fates.

@JSND: Dwyer can get Master Ninja by A+ Ranking with Saizo's son, Saizo Asugi. My Selena!Dwyer has worked rather well as one although I much prefer my Hana!Soleil Master Ninja for general usage.

Edited by ShadowStar77

I really like the idea of pairing Felicia and Jakob actually haha!

Azura and Niles is one of the few ways to get a maximum speed mod child. I guess Midori also likes getting Luck+4 from Azura but Mozu lifts her out of her negative luck mod and I can always buy Luck+4 later!

Which class will Corrin and Nina want to be? Was going to do Dark Flier and Adventurer!

Nina's fine as an Adventurer. Nohr Noble, Onmyoji, and Sorcerer are all great options for Corrin. Dark Flier may work as well if you wanted to use it.

Nohr Noble will be better for Corrin if I go +Magic, -Defense than +Magic, -Strength right? Just to have the Yato when I feel like it on like Dark Knight and that maybe?

Edited by Lucina's Husband

Nohr Noble will be better for Corrin if I go +Magic, -Defense than +Magic, -Strength right? Just to have the Yato when I feel like it on like Dark Knight maybe?

Yeah, you wouldn't want to sacrifice that much of your Strength. You can always go +MAG -LCK is you wanted due to "post-game" not mattering very much on the Conquest Route I've never been a big fan of Dark Knight in Fates so I'm not the one to ask.

Is -Defense always preferred for postgame and PVP to preserve your offensive stats? And because anyone good at PVP or strong enough on DLC endgame will be able to one or two shot you all the time anyway?

Yes. I'm not going to lie, PvP is an absolute mess and I really don't care for it all to much. Anyways, in that mode you are more likely to barely miss out on a 1-Rounder than you are to be saved by ~3 DEF. Also, we don't know what Apotheosis 2.0 will be like if / when we get it.