Lunatic Nohrian Trust Build (opinions)

Lil' Evil

Hey guys,
I just really need some help to know if I'm going into the right direction with optimizing some of my characters. This is taking current DLC into account and no Castle Visitation.

(I'm playing on Lunatic/Classic)

Corrin!Shiro

Nohrian Trust/Hoshidan Unity/ Quixotic/Vantage/Renewal/Lancefaire

paired with Corrin to who has.

Aegis/Pavise/Aether(with Awakening DLC or Vanguard Dawn DLC)/Sol/Dual Striker(Awakening DLC)OR Miracle OR Dragon Ward

There's a lot of versatility in this build as well but also certain characters could also pair with Avatar children that can provide such a build without the Avatar being subjected to the support unit like if we took...

Charlotte!Siegbert
Pavise/Aegis/Sol/Aether/Charm OR Lancefaire or anything you want. (Charlotte!Siegbert thanks to Friendship seals gets most of the good proc abilities. All of these abilities he gets through his parents and friends without the use of a Partner Seal even)

You can also take into consideration Midori has all of the luck related skills and if you combine that with Nohrian trust (if you marry Kaze as a female Avatar) she could be an interesting character. Not gonna post up the build because I'm sure it's self explanitory)

Plus you aren't just limited to those kind of builds with Nohrian trust. Just wanted to give an example of potentially optimized character that never dies. You can make them ridiculous DPS characters based off build if you are willing to Proc stack more than what I already have up there. I was just prioritizing a tank/sustainability build earlier but if you want a DPS character you can always proc stack because it will always prioritize the lowest chance proc if the % of that proc actually goes off. So on Shiro it would be...

Corrin!Shiro

Nohrian Trust/Hoshidan Unity/Quixotic/Life or death OR Renewal OR Death Blow OR Certain Blow/Aggressor/Lancefaire

Corrin

Aegis/Pavise/Aether(with Awakening DLC or Vanguard Dawn DLC)/Lethality/Dragon Fang

Just wanted some opinions to see if this is the best I could possibly do or not.

Edited by Lil' Evil

Hey guys,

I just really need some help to know if I'm going into the right direction with optimizing some of my characters. This is taking current DLC into account and no Castle Visitation.

(I'm playing on Lunatic/Classic)

Corrin!Shiro

Nohrian Trust/Hoshidan Unity/ Quixotic/Vantage/Renewal/Lancefaire

paired with Corrin to who has.

Aegis/Pavise/Aether(with Awakening DLC or Vanguard Dawn DLC)/Sol/Dual Striker(Awakening DLC)OR Miracle OR Dragon Ward

There's a lot of versatility in this build as well but also certain characters could also pair with Avatar children that can provide such a build without the Avatar being subjected to the support unit like if we took...

Charlotte!Siegbert

Pavise/Aegis/Sol/Aether/Charm OR Lancefaire or anything you want. (Charlotte!Siegbert thanks to Friendship seals gets most of the good proc abilities. All of these abilities he gets through his parents and friends without the use of a Partner Seal even)

You can also take into consideration Midori has all of the luck related skills and if you combine that with Nohrian trust (if you marry Kaze as a female Avatar) she could be an interesting character. Not gonna post up the build because I'm sure it's self explanitory)

Plus you aren't just limited to those kind of builds with Nohrian trust. Just wanted to give an example of potentially optimized character that never dies. You can make them ridiculous DPS characters based off build if you are willing to Proc stack more than what I already have up there. I was just prioritizing a tank/sustainability build earlier but if you want a DPS character you can always proc stack because it will always prioritize the lowest chance proc if the % of that proc actually goes off. So on Shiro it would be...

Corrin!Shiro

Nohrian Trust/Hoshidan Unity/Quixotic/Life or death OR Renewal OR Death Blow OR Certain Blow/Aggressor/Lancefaire

Corrin

Aegis/Pavise/Aether(with Awakening DLC or Vanguard Dawn DLC)/Lethality/Dragon Fang

Just wanted some opinions to see if this is the best I could possibly do or not.

Before I can add in some suggestions, I'm wondering who your main attacker is and who is the supporting partner. Because unless you bought Nohrian Trust off of logbook units or from other players who had Nohrian Trust on their own units, only Corrin and their children can inherit said skill.

How'd you end up with six skills on Shiro?

Accidentally meant to say "OR" instead of the "/" dividing renewal lol

Before I can add in some suggestions, I'm wondering who your main attacker is and who is the supporting partner. Because unless you bought Nohrian Trust off of logbook units or from other players who had Nohrian Trust on their own units, only Corrin and their children can inherit said skill.

I thought the main attack was obvious when I said Corrin!Shiro would have been the main attacker. Also normally on forums that I've noticed since Awakening is that the "!" means the parent of the character. Being Corrin so it would be "Parent!Child" So Corrin is the parent, the child is Shiro.

Accidentally meant to say "OR" instead of the "/" dividing renewal lol

I thought the main attack was obvious when I said Corrin!Shiro would have been the main attacker. Also normally on forums that I've noticed since Awakening is that the "!" means the parent of the character. Being Corrin so it would be "Parent!Child" So Corrin is the parent, the child is Shiro.

Well, if Shiro is your only other child that has Nohrian Trust (other than Kana who gets it anyways in-game) and is your main attacker. These skills might help, again, this is something I've pulling up from my own save files from my characters (where only Corrin and their children have Nohrian Trust due to fair play) so you don't have to use them.

*Main Attacker

-Nohrian Trust: Only if you plan to have a supporting partner. The skills listed on the Support Partner are meant for Nohrian Trust to use.

-Vantage (HP = 50% or less): You'll at some point end up with 50% HP or less and this skill helps you out greatly if you are a strategic planner at times.

-Quixotic: Skill% Boost Increase (+15%) and added Hit Rate (+30 Hit Rate) be aware that this skill also helps the opponent fighting you.

-Counter/Counter Magic: Both activate when the conditions are met. Counter Magic activates whenever you get hit by a magical attack, adject or not, if you get hit by anything that deals magical damage, the one who hit you also takes the same amount of damage. Counter only works for those who hit you with any attack and are adjacent to you. Both skills fail to work if said enemy has Dragonskin and/or Divine Shield (enemy-only).

--Funny Note: I spoke with eclipse, if you have both Counter Skills and ram into an enemy using a magical weapon that can hit you should you be adjacent to them, they take x2 damage since both Counter Skills should stack for twice the recoil damage.

--Choose one of the two skills, preferably Counter Magic to really screw up any enemy not named bosses with Dragonskin/Divine Shield who use magical weapons.

-Renewal: Vantage has its risks if you have Quixotic. Renewal works on your turn and helps you restore a fair amount of HP at the start of your turn. You don't want to be stuck at low HP all the time if RNG decides to curse you in a battle.

*Support Partner

-Aether (Skill% x 0.5): You can possibly do just as much damage as Rend Heaven if not just a bit less but this is a two-skill-in-one skill and heals you for the first hit and does more damage to the opponent on the second. The activation rate (Skill%/2) isn't bad thanks to Quixotic. Ever since Awakening (the game), Aether can be triggered at a distance as well now and can crit. In PoR, Aether could crit but not trigger at a distance. In RD, Aether can't crit or trigger at a distance.

-Rend Heaven (Skill% x 1.5): The 'I don't care about you tanking enemies (Strength/Defense in your case)' skill. You do normal damage to magical enemies but those that rely on Strength stats to win take hefty damage. It also allows you to do chip damage to those that normally could tank any other blow. Quixotic makes this skill proc faster (if it triggers). Being able to activate both when adjacent and distance is lovely on top of being absurdly powerful when becoming a crit.

-Miracle (Luck%): Affected by Quixotic, thankfully according to sites that say what skills Quixotic affects. You might just tank a fatal blow should Aegis/Pavise not trigger.

-Aegis (Skill%): Halves damage from enemy Bow/Tome/Scroll/Dragonstone(+), Breath weapons. The first three weapons affected are fairly common in PvP so this skill helps. In PvE, you'll often run into Tome/Scroll users, so it also helps. Aegis triggers before both Counter and Counter Magic, so should Aegis trigger, Counter and Counter Magic each do 50% less damage.

-Pavis (Skill%): Halves damage from enemy Sword/Katana/Axe/Club/Lance/Nagatina/Beaststone(+)/Fist weapons. Unlike Aegis, all but the last two are extremely common weapons found in both PvP and PvE, so you can really make use of this skill. Pavise activates before Counter, so if Pavise triggers, the enemy takes 50% less recoil damage.