Fire Emblem: Dreams in the Dark

Omegaprism

Coldstone's name references it's animation, which alternates between ice and earth. As for stats:

Might: 20

Hit: 75

Crit: 10 (20 on odd turns)

Weight: 18

Q1: Just guessing, but if Frey's dragon form looks like the Tellius games, and Valedon is a red Corrin/Kana dragon, then what would our White Dragon and Kin look like?

Q2: Also, "more dragonlike"? You mean like Grey (they guy in my profile pic)?

Q3: You forgot about The Price Of Kindness (my final post on the last page).

If we can't post very often, I'll just make it up with volume!

Chapter titles:

Temptation To Force (In which the evil King gets even more desperate)

A Swiftly Dying World (Final Vilcoor chapter?)

Death's Scythe (Plot-important death!)

A Soul Devoid of Love

A Soul Screaming in Anger

A Soul Trapped in Despair

A Soul Broken by Hatred

A Soul Mad by Grief

Soulstones:

Blind Warrior Soul: -20 Hit, +5 Strength and Magic

Gargoyle Soul: +3 Resistance and Defense, cannot move until untransformed

Golem Soul: +5 Resistance and Defense, cannot move or attack (but can counter like RD staves)

Berserk Soul: +5 to all stats but enter Berserk state until auto-untransformed

Weapons:

Throwing Knife: 2-Range Dagger, +5 Crit.

Katana: +20 Effective Speed, -1 Strength

Wakazashi: +2 Strength, -2 Speed

Muramasa: A cursed blade. +3 Strength, lose 10% of HP every turn equipped

Masamune: Cannot make follow-up attacks, +20 Crit

Murakumo: +10 Eff. Spd., -10 Crit

Kusanagi: Effective against Dragons, +2 Defense and Resistance

• Replies 203
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Quick reply:

The tome name: okay, that makes sense.

Might: 20?! try 10. With those special bonuses, 20 is bananas!

Weapon weight is not in this game, but you can impose an attack speed (AS) penalty.

A1: Valedon's dragon form has no wings, claws instead of hooves, and looks beefier than that weird deer thing that the Fates manaketes turn into. Kin has little manakete wings in human form and is often mistaken for a little boy, and his dragon form looks similar to the Awakening manaketes in their dragon forms, only much smaller (around five feet from the tip of his tail to the tip of his nose). Nero's dragon form has a long, serpentine body like in Chinese and Japanese folklore.

A2: Yes, kinda like Grey in your profile pic. :)

A3: The Price of Kindness seems like it would fit in just fine with the story.

As for Chapter titles, I've got that part taken care of. Also, most of your soulstone ideas have unnecessarily harsh drawbacks. This isn't Fates, so we don't need harmful effects on every weapon except iron. Required weapon rank, rarity, and drain on funds are all valid drawbacks by themselves. Something that irked me about the way Fates balanced their weapons is that IntSys seems to have forgotten about those metrics. Also of note, without basic stats it's impossible for me to judge how balanced the other weapon ideas are. What are their mt scores? hit? required weapon ranks? numbers of uses? It's fine to list their special stats and abilities, but don't forget that they need some basic statistics to help measure their effectiveness.

Sorry about both of those (Soulstone debuffs and lack of information on weapons). I they to think of ways to make a weapon unique before the basic stats. It's just my way of thinking.

How about this:

Broken Speed Stone: D Rank, +5 Speed, -5 Defense

Repaired Speed Stone: B Rank, +5 Speed, -3 Defense

Speed Stone: A Rank, +5 Speed, -1 Defense

True Speed Stone: S Rank, +5 Speed

A set of stones with the same benefit, but as the rank required becomes the downside, making the Defense debuff go away (for a higher requirement).

Oh, and about the Gargoyle and Golem Souls: They're meant for already tanky units for defending chokepoints and such.

Here, let's take this speed stone idea and make it a little bit more flavorful:

Broken stone: E rank, +1 SPD, -2 DEF

Whistling wind stone: D rank, +2 SPD

Gale stone: B rank, +4 SPD, +1 LUCK

Hurricane stone: A rank, +5 SPD, +2 LUCK

I know +5 SPD seems like a big boost, but rather than leave it static and try to balance it with negatives, just dial back the initial bonus and make the reward for increased weapon rank more focused on increasing gains, rather than lessening punishments. Also, remember that dragonstones and Laguz transformations have had much bigger boosts than +5 SPD, with no drawbacks (other than being a Laguz in Radiant Dawn). For direct comparison, here are a few soulstones I've cooked up:

Terra Soul: E-rank, Frey only, +5 STR, +5 MAG. This is on top of her dragon form bonuses, and she gets it at the beginning of the game!

Soldier's Stone: D-rank, +1 DEF. 300 gold. Easily found and bought in shops from the early game.

Fighter's Soul: C-rank, +2 STR, +5 crit. 1000 gold. This one is only available in shops after Book 1 Chapter 6, when you recruit your first bear.

Warped Soul: C-rank, reverses the Vilcoorian weapon triangle. Genbu>Suzaku>Byakko. 2000 gold.

Assassin's soul: C-rank, +25 crit. An enemy hawk drops one of these upon defeat. For the rest of Book 1, that's it.

Ascetic Soul: B-rank, allows the user to counterattack at 1-2 range (no doubling). One becomes available in Naoya's Atelier for 8000 gold towards the end of Book 2, only if you did NOT sacrifice all the old folks to open the Cosmic Gate.

Heroic Soul: A-rank, gives a strike-based attack the Brave effect. That's all it does. 5000 gold. Equipped by Loune in her paralogue, and one is for sale at the Atelier in Book 3.

Is durability a thing? If so, that could be another limiting factor!

And because I remembered Terra, that gave me another idea for a set!

Aqua Soul: A Rank, Heal 20% of HP per turn

Ventus Soul: A Rank, +3 Speed and +15% Evade

Ignis Soul: A Rank, gives an auto-Pyrotechnics (Saizo's personal), +2 Strength and Magic

Lumen Soul: A Rank, gives a Thief's FoW vision and an auto-Torch on transformation

Tonitrus Soul: A Rank, +15 Crit and Crit Evade

Glacie Soul: A Rank, Inflict Freeze on enemy when you attack (they can't move)

Tenebrae Soul: A Rank, Auto-Shade, Pass, Celerity and Lethality

Paralouge: Remnants of Vilcoor

Basically, some monsters from Vilcoor manage to get through the gate from Vilcoor into Dascallia, and the group has to stop them before they destroy a town! It's just a way to get some more mileage out of monsters. Maybe we could have another Dascallian recruit?

Could we perhaps get the promotion options of all Suzaku today?

I'm cracking away at the Book 2 finale right now, and I kinda wanted to get this done today, so I don't think I'll be able to detail all of the Suzaku promotions just yet. If you look at the earlier post detailing all of the Vilcoorian unit types and their parallels with other FE games, you can probably reliably guess at most of their humanoid promotion options. As for the paralogue you suggested, I was planning on something similar towards the beginning of Book 2, so that works fine. The effect would be the monsters you ran into on Vilcoor also popping up on the Palmiria map at random.

Also, I believe I answered the durability question already. Check the first page. I edited my first post.

Book 2 Finale: The Battle of Tirsan

As Frey's army marches towards the capital, a few paralogues open up related to rumors about more monsters that could possibly be other lost Vilcoorians. A vampire that dwells in a forest cave by day and supposedly steals people away from the neighboring village turns out be be a bat named Elvis, who is disgusted by the thought of drinking human blood. Reports of a bunyip that spoils crops and digs traps for children lead to a rabbit named Loune, who had actually been stealing vegetables, but wasn't digging any traps. Foolish children were wandering into her warren uninvited and getting stuck.

Dascillian legends also tell of a mythical city of beasts, but only ruins and old bones remain at a site too small to have been called anything bigger than a small village. They do encounter a demon, however, starved for souls to devour, that drops a special promotion item called an Elder's Eye, that changes whoever uses it into a new class called an Elderkin, which can transform into an anthropomorphic elemental form based on their affinity (check the Path of Radiance/Radiant Dawn affinities), which can use the unit's non-strike weapon ranks in either form, but has no natural weapons. This class has 6 MOVE in humanoid form and 7 MOVE in elderform, and flies, but is affected by non-MOVE related terrain changes, such as forest tiles giving +10 Avoid. This class starts a battle with a transform gauge of 0.

At last, the Vilcoorian army reaches the city of Tirsan, and makes camp outside the city limits to prepare for their big push. The soldiers bid farewell to the civilian population, and that night the inner circle holds a meeting to discuss strategy. As they are about to begin, however, Thorden appears before them and makes an offer: Agree to serve him and aid his research, and he will take them straight to the king, to do whatever they wish. Frey counters by saying that she knows what "aiding his research" means, and will have no part of it. The other three lords all refuse, and if Valedon has joined the army Ruganel will say that what he has heard about Thorden turns his stomach. Thorden simply shrugs and says he tried to be generous, and that, one way or another, they would all end up aiding his research, and then he disappears again.

The next morning, the Battle of Tirsan begins in earnest. Frey, Veronica, Ruganel, and Woden are all forced units on the map. Each of them starts in a different quadrant of the map, with four deployment spots around them, totalling in up to 20 units on the field, 16 of which are optional. If any of the lords are dead, their quadrant of the map will instead be unoccupied, and the number of deployable units will be less (15 and 12, or 10 and 8). If only one leader remains, they are able to deploy up to 12 additional units, all concentrated in one quadrant. The battle is a slugfest, with endless reinforcements pouring out of a dozen different spawn points. Every enemy on the map is a promoted unit, until our heroes break through the outermost wall and spill into the town on their way to the fortress in the center. Thorden will implore Ilarand to allow him to release his specialized troops, and reluctantly the king will acquiesce. Out of several houses will appear freakish, stitched-together chimera made out of the corpses of various creatures, such as a human's head and torso attached to a horse's body with wyvern wings attached to its lower back, and five arms, each ending with ghoulish claws instead of hands. These things have high movement, can fly, have a random chance to inflict poison with their attacks, and have a lot of HP. They also give off an unsettling 2-range aura that lowers the player's army's hit, avoid, crit, and crit evade by 15. Four of them spawn on the field first, and the next round four more appear, but no more after that. They will converge on whoever gets past the outer wall, but will not leave the town area. Ruganel says, "What?! What are those things?" If Valedon fights one of these taxidermy nightmares he will have a prefight line about how Thorden's lack of respect for the dead will only ensure that, when he dies, no one will mourn him.

Breaking through the lone gate in the southern center of the city will open up the castle itself, and change to an indoor map. A cutscene triggers, where Ilarand confronts Thorden about those abominations in the city, saying, "Thorden, those creatures... what have you done?"

"I had no choice, your majesty," Thorden replies. "I have seen firsthand what terrifying power these monsters can bring to bear. Just one of them tore an entire brigade of our finest troops limb from limb! Now there is an army of them crashing the gates and threatening to devour every living thing in the city. To defeat that monstrous queen of theirs we need monsters of our own."

Ivy steps forward, distraught, and says, "But surely you could have hidden them somewhere safer than among the people of the city! What about the danger to our own people?"

"My lady, the township has already been evacuated," says Thorden. "I would never endanger our precious citizenry."

On the other side of the massive doorway that separates the throne room from the rest of the castle, a great thudding is heard.

"We haven't the time to discuss this further," Ilarand declares, drawing his sword. "They are here."

The second map of the finale is the interior of the castle, and the enemy density is quite high. To make matters worse, there are several locked rooms where archers and magic users sit at the walls, taking potshots at anyone who walks the hallways. In the center of the map is the throne room, where King Ilarand sits, flanked by Ivy and Thorden. Just inside the entryway are the reanimated bodies of the five Palmirian generals. They are no longer even capable of speech. They just snarl incoherently in their pre-battle dialogue. Each of them drops a stat booster and a B-rank weapon (B-rank being silver and its equivalents).

Stopping within 5 spaces of Ilarand will trigger aggro from Ivy on the enemy phase, who wields the Icicle Lance, a 1-2 range weapon that deals magic damage, and can absolutely double, crit, and activate battle skills. Killing her will cause Ilarand to cry out, "Ivy! No!"

Killing Ivy will also trigger aggro on Ilarand. He will leave the throne and its hefty defensive bonuses to seek revenge for the death of his wife. He has impressive and well-balanced stats, and comes equipped with a rapier (effective against Byakko and Genbu) and his legendary sword, Gwilhir (16 Mt, infinite uses, +5 DEF, +5 RES, effective vs. Seiryu and dragons, use as an item to heal 20 HP). His class is Lodestar. Killing him will end the map, and earns Ending C.

Thorden will not move from his starting point. His class is Necromancer. He has sky-high MAG, DEF, and RES. He has a dark tome called Niflheim (S-rank, Thorden only, Mt 16, range 1-2, infinite uses, +8 resistance to doubling, -30 Avoid). Killing him also ends the map (More on this later).

ENDING C
Ilarand, mortally wounded, says, "How did it come to this?" and falls, dead, upon the throne. Thorden curses to himself and flees. If Ivy was spared Thorden will grab her and say, "We must flee my lady. We've lost."

The action cuts to the castle courtyard, where the battle is still being fought. The lords step out onto a balcony overseeing the action, and one of them holds up the late king's ancestral sword, Gwilhir. In a single motion they throw it down to the ground, where it lands point-first. The sight is enough to give all of the Dascillian humans pause, and they look up to see the Vilcoorian commanders, bloodied and imperious.

Frey (or whoever is the player's main lord) declares, "People of Palmiria, your king is dead! Surrender peacefully and no further harm will come to you."

Most of the soldiers in the city comply, dropping their weapons. As the Vilcoorians lower their guard collectively, several humans seize the opportunity to flee the city. No one bothers to chase them.

The Vilcoorian leader continues, "Give the signal to our civilian population that the city is ours. Take care to make sure the way is safe. Once that is done, rest and recuperate. We've earned it."

Several unexpected developments occur in the following time. Suzaku messengers are sent across the land with royal missives, declaring that any resident of Tirsan, and indeed any citizen of Palmiria, may come to the city in good faith to reclaim lost possessions or live within Tirsan's walls. More Dascillians than expected make the trip, and with no small amount of cooperation, the damage to the city is repaired. Businesses reopen, and an intermingling between the people of two worlds gradually ebbs away at the natural tension that has existed since the Vilcoorians' arrival. Frey (or Ruganel) has accepted the responsibilities of governing the kingdom, though no coronation ceremony is held. Years of relative peace pass, with several skirmishes against a rebel army led by Thorden being the main source of unrest. Vilcoorians and Dascillians go from reluctantly coexisting from thriving together. The land is on the cusp of a renaissance when a disquieting report reaches the castle. A whole in the sky seems to have opened up. A scouting force goes out to the wilderness in the southeast, where the sighting was made. They find a crater in the middle of the forest. In its center is a mass of lifeless bodies, in the center of which is Thorden's corpse. No visible wounds can be found. It is as though the life was simply sucked out of the lost of them. This has been seen before... on Vilcoor. A demon would often leave bodies like this in its wake. Just after this connection is made, a strange fog begins to emanate from the mid-air portal, and several massive tentacles reach out from the other side.

Back in Tirsan, some time later, Frey (or Ruganel), looking older and wiser than before, stands atop a hill and gazes out at the horizon, where a giant demon's silhouette can be seen slowly stalking the countryside, back-lit by a red-orange sky. A mass of dark clouds swirls around directly over its head. Its several asymmetrically arranged eyes glow the same red as the sky. The thunderous sound of its footsteps can be heard even at this great distance. The new ruler of Palmiria gazes down at the massive army of Dascillians and Vilcoorians assembled to fight this threat, and declares, "Citizens of Palmiria, this foul creature has brought with it the promise of total annihilation. It has already killed thousands of our countrymen. Let us show it that this is our home, paid for with our blood, sweat and tears. We will not give it up so easily. Today we fight back. Today we win!" A great cheer rises from the army, and as one they charge. At their head is the player's choice of lord, their face shouting defiantly and fiercely. The scene becomes a still, and credits roll as more stills depicting scenes from the adventure appear. The final still is a shot showing Gwilhir sticking out of the top of the demon's head, with a group of victorious Palmirians standing atop it. One of them is holding aloft the mysterious orb obtained in Book 1. The orb is emanating a powerful light that breaks the swirling clouds, revealing a blue sunlit sky. Everything fades to black-and white, and becomes the page of a book. The next page says, "Battlefield record." Each page turn shows a record of one of the player's units in typical Fire Emblem fashion. After the main lord's page, the next page simply says, "THE END."

Minor ideas:

Maybe (in another ending) the ruined city you mentioned gets turned into a Vilcoorian city/refugee camp?

In this Ending C, what do Veronica, Woden (and Ruganell if Frey survives) end up doing? Do they become dukes/marquises/lords/insert minor noble here?

Supports: Here's an idea I had blending the classic and 3DS models: S-Ranks are still a thing, but instead of the characters getting married, they get engaged and get married (or start dating/become fiancées) in the credits (like what happened in older FE's). That way we can still have romance without A-Rank locking. Supports are unlimited like the 3DS games but S-Ranks are one-only.

What classes would Bats, Rabbits and Gators be based on?

Question: Genbu don't lay eggs, right? Just clarifying.

Paralogue: A Lakeside Trap

Another rumor mission, the group is sent to find a lake monster that supposedly eats people swimming Jaws-style (not that they describe it that way). The team sent to scout the lake is Keisuke (acting as leader), Dante, Kaido, Naoya, and Gwen. The town near the lake goes all panicky and starts attacking them, but the group finds some unexpected help from the lake monster: A set of gator triplets named King, Jack and Ace.

Layout: It's a fun mission because it's a giant spiral for the enemy but an open field for our aquatic friends. You start with your backs to a mountain and a bunch on non-flying enemies on the other side, and they have to go aaaaaaaaalllllll the way around the edge of the lake. You, however, have free reign! There's a few islands in the middle, but other than that, it's a showcase that Genbu rock!

I don't have the stats for King, Jack and Ace because I don't have what their "class" is, but I can give personalities.

King: Eldest of the Deck family, and a very bombastic, upbeat, social guy. The worst drunk singer. Also, the triplets have a thing where they each talk in different dialects, King speaks with a Cockney accent.

Jack: Middle sibling of the Deck family and the one with the least manners, he swears a lot and has very little respect for others (besides his brothers). The biggest liar. He talks with a Jersey accent (He says word-for-word "Hey! I'm walkin' here!").

Ace: Youngest sibling of the deck family, Ace is kind, polite, and friendly but has a bit of a thing around women, he somehow gets even more tongue-tied than Lon'Qu. The one with the shiniest scales. He speaks with an Australian accent.

Hey Corrobin, let me clarify one or two things for you:

As for Veronica, Ruganel, and Woden, what ultimately happens to them would be better described in the individual endings, right? Just so I don7t leave you hanging, here is the cliffnotes version for the lot of them:

Veronica stays at Frey's side for the rest of her days, continuing her bodyguard duties and always acting as the faithful voice of reason. When the queen has no one else to talk to, she always turns to her best friend. Veronica becomes the founder and chief instructor of a school of swordfighting never seen on Dascillia before, and her first graduating class each go on to become legendary warriors in their own right.

If Frey died to open the Cosmic Gate, Veronica leaves the capital and begins to wander across the globe, like Kane from Kung Fu. Many legends would form about the Cerulean Gale as a mythical figure whose skill with a sword is matched only by her generosity and wisdom. It is said that if someone has a great enough need, they can whisper, "Please help a soul in need," into the Northern wind, and if their heart is righteous and their cause just, a woman with blue wings and eyes like the sea after a storm will appear the next day to right wrongs with her sword of judgement.

Ruganel becomes a duke, with a sizable portion of Palmiria's lands under his rule. He has a whole bunch of children, and several decades and three generations later, whenever there is a gathering of his prodigious family in one place, the sounds of merrymaking can be heard for miles around.

Woden and the majority of the other Genbu thrive in the plentiful waters across Dascillia. The tortoise lord himself invests in international trade and shipbuilding, becoming fabulously wealthy but never really changing. Even if he and one of his female supports max out, he never has any children to pass on his fortune to, and so he personally writes every Genbu into his last will and testament, offering an equal portion to any of his tribe that brings one of his letters of reference to his company's offices. Rumors abound of a massive hidden vault where the ancient tortoise stowed away his own personal wealth, but none of them ever seem to talk of a specific place.

Supports: No more S-ranks. They go from nothing to C to B to A, and each character will have one or two supports that could possibly turn romantic in the epilogue. Which pairing ends up becoming the romantic support will be determined almost entirely by which romantic possibility has their A rank base conversation viewed first. Indecisive types can A rank all of their supports before ultimately making such a decision, but no hanky-panky will happen until that ultimate base convo is viewed. In a few rare cases, maxing out multiple support partners before viewing a base convo will actually unlock a special group conversation, but this will be a very rare occurrence for romantic groupings (like, one or two groups in the whole game).

-Rabbits can equip lances, so they're a little like the soldiers/halberdiers from Tellius.

-Bats use daggers, and have good SKL, decent SPD and RES, and abysmal STR and DEF, so the best parallel I could give are the ninja in Fates. I am debating giving them tomes as a promotion benefit. Honestly, while I like the story ideas that go into bats, I am having a hard time fitting them in gameplay-wise. Sadly that means I might have to axe them. Suggestions and opinions on bats from everyone would be appreciated.

-Crocs and Gators are not playable units in this game, and do not make any appearances until Book 3. Think of them like the barons from older FEs.

Updates from me are going to be a little more once-a-day-at-best for a while now that school is back in session, and as part of my job I have to visit several different schools on a semi-regular basis. Not all of these schools have computers I can use to connect to Serenes Forest, unfortunately. Also, it's going to be a little bit (maybe a week or two) before I start posting Book 3. I need a break to cool off and live in the real world for a bit. I'll keep checking in regularly to answer questions, though.

Okay, I'm slightly pissed that you shot down King, Jack and Ace, but I can handle it, so instead of asking a few small questions I'll ask one big one: What are the specifics of forging?

Sub Questions:

What are the minerals used? Are they the 12 minerals from Fates?

Is it only Iron and Copper weapons that can be forged? Can a Silver weapon be forged as well?

What are some specific combinations? I saw Iron Lance + Pearl = Slim Lance, but do you have any others?

Forging is used specifically to create new weapons and soulstones out of old ones. To make a specific kind of weapon you need another weapon and a specific mineral, and you go to the blacksmith. The minerals will be actual ore for the most part (iron, nickel, copper, silver, etc.) for weapons, and precious stones (ruby, pearl, emerald) for soulstones. There are a few exceptions and crossovers (i.e: a slim weapon uses a pearl), but those are exceptions. I'm not going to type up a whole table today because I'm still not familiar with how to display tables and graphs in the bbcode, but as you travel across the various world maps, different minerals can be found at different sites. Some of them are infinite and refresh after a battle or two, and some of them are not. There are no "iron swords +1." You do NOT enhance a weapon's stats like you do in older games. You can still buy things like steel axes and silver lances and the like from weapon merchants as you progress through the story, but now the player has some options with their resource management. Here are a few examples:

Iron sword + iron = iron blade

slim sword + silver = silver sword

iron sword + carbon = steel sword

steel sword + orichalcum = brave sword

iron sword + gold = light brand

steel sword + gold = rune sword

iron sword + adamantine = dragonslayer

The soulstone combinations are more specific and a pain in the ass to make due to each stone being rare and some unique, but here are two examples from my Book 2 notes:

Soldier's soul + lapis = Peaceful soul

Fierce soul + emerald = Regal soul

Now you may have no idea what any of those do, and that's fine, because neither do I. Like I said, it's from my notes from when I was just writing down anything and everything that I could think up without bothering to organize. Hopefully that answers your questions. Until next time!

Follow-up questions: Are forging tomes (and possibly staves, if you want to) handled differently?

Can you rename weapons?

Is it always (weapon) + (metal) and (soul)+(gem)? (Barring the slim exceptions and the like) Could there be a (weapon) + (other weapon), (soul)+(other soul), (metal)+(other metal), (gem)+(other gem) or (metal)+(gem) combos?

Spear + Orichalcum = Gae Borg (A replica of a weapon from a holy war. Not as powerful as the real deal, but good on it's own right.)

Silver Sword + Orichalcum = Syrfing

Silver Bow + Orichalcum = Uril

Killing Edge + Orichalcum = Barmung

Light Brand + Orichalcum = Mystlesain

Silver Lance + Orichalcum = Gungnil

Silver Axe + Orichalcum = Herswath

Also, Uril should be Yewferre.

More weapon forging ideas!

Killing Edge + Jade = Wo Dao

Wo Dao + Silver = Critical Blade (Improved hybrid Wo Dao/Killing Edge)

Iron Sword + Iron Sword = Twin Edge (Brave Iron Sword)

Steel Sword + Steel Sword = Twin Fang (Brave Steel)

Silver Sword + Silver Sword = Twin Striker (Brave Silver)

Gargoyle Soul + Topaz = Golem Soul

I was thinking that maybe we could do a massive, Genealogy-esque level as the pre-penultimate level as Frey and co. Lead the charge towards the enemy?

Asmodeus: Dark Tome, Effective against female enemies

Jezebel: Dark Tome, Effective against male enemies

Photon Sabre: Spellsong, deals (Ally Strength+Magic)-(Enemy Defense-Resistance)

Restoration: Spellsong, heals (Magic/2)+15 HP and cures ailments.

I've had a hell of a few days, but today I finally had some time to sit down and do some more writing. In the meantime, I have a slightly more comprehensive forging combinations list here:

Ore:
Copper
Iron
Silver
Gold
Platinum
Adamantine
Orichalcum
Uru

Gems:
Pearl
Topaz
Amber
Opal
Ruby
Diamond
Emerald
Sapphire

possible combinations:
iron + copper = steel weapon
iron + iron = heavy iron weapon
iron + silver = slim weapon (no bows or tomes)
iron + gold = lesser magic weapon (no tomes/songs)

steel + iron = heavy steel weapon
steel + silver = silver weapon
steel + gold = magic weapon (no tomes/songs)
steel + orichalcum = brave weapon
steel + platinum = reverse weapon

silver + silver = heavy silver weapon
silver + gold = greater magic weapon (no tomes/songs)
silver lance + platinum = effective vs beasts/byakko
silver axe + adamantine = effective vs armor/deep
silver sword + orichalcum = effective vs dragon/seiryu

slim + copper = thrown weapon type 1 (hand axe)
slim + iron = thrown type 2 (tomahawk)
slim + silver = silver weapon
slim + adamantine = killer weapon

(bows only)
iron + orichalcum = longbow
steel + platinum = shortbow (1-2 range)
iron + adamantine = mini bow (1-range)
steel + adamantine = killer bow

(tomes only)(fire/thunder/ragnarok are equivalent to iron/steel/silver)
fire + gold = force wave (D-rank, targets DEF)
thunder + gold = full moon (C-rank, shadowgift required)(Luna's back!)
ragnarok + gold = heaven lance (B-rank siege spellsong)

any + uru = S-rank weapon (only one of each type)

I made a policy decision and changed a few weird combinations to fall in line with the rest. No more manmade weapon/gem combos. The formula stays simple: Weapon + ore = new weapon. I haven't decided if there will be any (character name)'s weapons, but right now I'm leaning towards no. Other special weapons are currently being looked at on a case-by-case basis, with the ever-present philosophy of, "Don't try and reinvent the wheel."

The siege of Tirsan is a pretty massive, multistage map. Or did you mean the actual scale of the FE4 maps, spanning entire kingdoms?

I meant it in terms of in-game size, not plot size. Like a massive siege.

Ragnarok + Uru = Varframe (S-rank Fire)

Excalibur + Uru = Holtety (S-Rank Wind)

Thoron + Uru = Mjornil (S-rank Thunder)

Fortify + Uru = Varkylie (S-Rank healing Spellsong)

Shine + Uru = Nalga (S-Rank damaging Spellsong)

Nosferatu + Uru = Roptyr (S-Rank Dark)

Well, I thought that fielding up to 20 units and systematically breaking through the outer defenses of a city, breaching the walls, fighting through the streets, breaking down the castle gate, and cutting a swath through the Palmirian army, city guards, and a small army of reanimated dead generals would necessitate a pretty big map. Isn't that the definition of an epic siege? I don't know that any of the maps will necessarily get as big as the nation-sized maps from fe4, though. The larger the scale, the greater the likelihood for consistency and scale to become askew. However, I'm not unwilling to soften on the idea for one map. First, though, we have to get to the penultimate chapter. All things in good time!

Also, is there a reason you are mangling the spelling of the holy weapons from Genealogy?

The reason I'm misspelling them (or rather, misromanizing) is because they're replicas, still very good weapons, but not the stat-boosting, Holy Blood-locked real deals.

Okay, we can do better than, "knock-off of a weapon from another game," with legendary weapon names, I think. Exercise a little more creativity. Have you already forgotten Jormungandr(sp)? That's a good name for an S-rank dark tome! We don't need this Jugdral nonsense. There will only be one S-ranked weapon for each of the manmade types. Their names should be memorable, but not for being not-quite-copies from another game.

Sorry. I was going a little overboard.

Sword- Leonhardt

Spear- Krishmir

Axe- Bolkraus

Bow- Eskandar

Anima- Bifrost

Light- Einlicht

Healing- Gabriel

Dark- Jormagandr

@omegaprism

I dont play the offical FE games due to random stats growth, it really is a game breaker for me. I believe Strategy and Randomness shouldnt exist together.

I see your are being innovative (which i like a lot), so my question to you is, would you make a game with standard stats growth? I am all willing to share with you ideas on how to do that as long as you are interested.

Let me know.