Statue Stat Boni Make No Sense

Rezzy

Some of the unit statues make sense, like Leo giving Magic, but many, if not most makes no real sense.

Rinkah gives Strength, but has a whopping 20% growth in it. Midori gives Defense for some reason, but you'd think she'd give Luck, considering her personal skill.

]

It seems like they drew out of a hat for who got what bonus.

Rinkah's str growth is the one that makes no sense---everything else about her character, her personality, design, training, points to strength. Her statue makes perfect sense given her character, not growths.

I always wondered why Charlotte gives luck.

Edited by Thor Odinson

Rinkah giving strength instead of defense, Hana giving luck instead of speed, Beruka giving strength instead of defense, Azama giving resistance instead of strength, Kagero giving speed instead of strength, and Charlotte giving luck instead of strength all really confuse me.

it sort of makes sense that this happened. after all, outside of rare, really obvious cases like effie, it's pretty difficult to rationalise most playable characters (of any fe game, not just fe14) as having one Really Iconic Associated Stat. it was probably much easier to just randomly assign statue stat boosts than to try and back all of them with reasoning

another advantage would've been even distribution. going exclusively for character thematics is a surefire way to end up with a handful of really obvious stats (strength, luck, speed) getting a huge number of statues dedicated to them while other stats get little attention. after all, being resilient to magic isn't exactly something that's relevant when you're writing character fluff, so things would've inherently been very lopsided for res-boosting statues

Edited by bookofholsety

I never understood why the Azura statue gives Magic, while Azura's Skill and Speed are miles better.

Yeah, that whopping 25% Magic growth, same as her HP. For some reason, they seem way lower. My level 33 Songstress Azura has 30HP... and I've given her 2 Seraph Robes...

Rinkah's str growth is the one that makes no sense---everything else about her character, her personality, design, training, points to strength. Her statue makes perfect sense given her character, not growths.

Gotta keep the Ronan tradition going maaaaaaaaaan.

But yeah, growths don't always reflect the character nor are they an indicator of anything outside their gameplay purpose.

Edited by Sirius