Trick for Adding Post-Game Units to Log Book in Casual Mode

Rezzy

I don't know if this is common knowledge, but I found an easy way to essentially add your whole team as Unit Log Book units post-game, but this only works in Casual Mode, since it needs Battle Saves.

Instead of needing to do Chapter 27 and Endgame all over again, make a Battle Save, just before making the killing blow against the final boss. Then finish and watch the credits (or skip them) as usual. Then it will prompt you to pick 5 units to add to the logbook.

Next go back and load your Battle Save and repeat. Now you can add 5 different units to the log book. You can keep doing this until you've added your whole army if you want.

I saved myself a lot of time and added my whole team by doing this on my Birthright file, so I didn't have to regrind for the skills I had gotten on my units already.

Just posting another trick here as well, the Avatar Log min-maxing from Awakening is still present for Fates.

1: You will require two save files for this method, as well whatever you want to put on the unit (stat boosters, classes, etc).

2: Open up the main save file, apply your stat boosts to your Einherjar..

3: Save the character to the Avatar Log and save the game in a different save slot.

4: Exit the game or do a soft reset.

5: Load up your primary save file.

6: Dismiss your current Einherjar, do not update the log.

7: Recruit the buffed Einherjar, apply statboosts, save to log, save in a different file, and repeat.

This way you can add classes such as Dread Fighter and Dark Falcon to your units without "really" consuming a scroll, as well as easily giving them maxed out stats.

While that trick still works the benchmark for a well oiled character is much higher which make it harder to abuse this time around

A "good" logbook unit costs 40k to upwards 60k or like 80k. If you had money oriented DLC it might not be an issue but its notable

If you're doing this for children like Midori, this method is super useful. Just pass down the skills that aren't easily found on the children, do that method and save the children in the logbook. This way, the parents "pass" down more than one skill.

Edit:

Actually, you can just do for any children on Phoenix.

Edited by Aera

Also it doesn't matter if you lose units on the back half of the final chapters, you can't log book them but they don't die since it doesn't technically save a postgame state.

So on classic you can play pretty aggro

Also it doesn't matter if you lose units on the back half of the final chapters, you can't log book them but they don't die since it doesn't technically save a postgame state.

So on classic you can play pretty aggro

The problem is that you need units to stay alive if you're just bumrushing the chapter.